Author Topic: X's and O's  (Read 991 times)

X's and O's
« on: March 15, 2010, 06:37:31 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
What plays or lineups  would you like to see used more or less of in order to create better offense?

I would love to see the following.

The play:

A play I would love to see used involving both R. Allen and Pierce is the high screen and pop the way House and Pierce used to run it. Not sure why this hasn't been an added wrinkle in our playbook. Pierce and House used to be pretty effective at this and would give House plenty of open looks. Perk on the weakside blocks (weakside would give him plenty of offensive rebounding opportunities), KG on the strongside wing (open shot if his man doubles to help vs. the high screen, and Rondo floating along tha baseline (preventing his man from doubling off him).

The result:

Good way to keep RA and PP involved on the same play instead of having them be catch and shoot players which they seem to be relegated to this year. Pierce especially is a rhythm type player who always plays better when he is facilitating the offense.

Offensive rebounding will probably go up as Perk is not so far away from the basket and Rondo, being a very sneaky good rebounding guard, is also around the rim.

Obviously this isn't something that will be run every offensive set, but I would love to see our two players will the most offensive skillset be used in that fashion and the pressure it would cause a D in reacting.

Re: X's and O's
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 07:34:04 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i dont care so much about specific x's and o's, unless its a timely possession or after timeouts.

however, i do care about style of play.  i want us to play uptempo as much as possible.  i also want us to attack the rim, rather than settle for outside shots.