Author Topic: so NOW Lebron is the BEST Passer of ALL time?  (Read 11487 times)

so NOW Lebron is the BEST Passer of ALL time?
« on: March 14, 2010, 11:15:26 PM »

Offline MaxwellSmart86

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 144
These ABC announcers were SICKENING Today---Van Gundy and Jackson start talking about how Lebron is the Best passing Non PG of All Time---and Van Gundy says it used to be Larry Bird, and Maybe Lebron will end up being the BEST Passer EVER!
Of course, Jackson says, Hold on there, Magic Johnson is the Best passer ever...I guess if Lebron had created the world, we'd have a 6 day week---cause of course, he'd do it better than God---What a couple of IDIOTS.

Give me a BREAK----Lebron?

Re: so NOW Lebron is the BEST Passer of ALL time?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 11:21:48 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
Not the first time they've said these things on air.

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 11:29:29 PM »

Offline MaxwellSmart86

• Jayson Tatum
He's NOT even the Best passer in the League RIGHT NOW, how is he the BEST EVER?....Larry Bird would pass circles around him---so would Cousy and Magic....Big Mouth BIASED announcers...Plus they were OBVIOUSLY rooting for the Cavs today.

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 11:33:41 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Well I certainly respect Lebron as a person and player..he will go down as one of the best of all time, and I believe he'll get a ring or two, Eventually, But:

I wouldn't crown him with these type of accolades, yet.

In the end, the announcers were just stirring up conversation I suppose.

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 11:35:07 PM »

Kiorrik

He's NOT even the Best passer in the League RIGHT NOW, how is he the BEST EVER?....Larry Bird would pass circles around him---so would Cousy and Magic....Big Mouth BIASED announcers...Plus they were OBVIOUSLY rooting for the Cavs today.
How does one actually pass circles around someone? Does he pass, then run to where he passed to, catch the ball and pass again?

Just visualizing! ;)

But yeh, nonsense stuff. And LBJ *is* God.

Doh, didn't you get the memo?

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 11:39:10 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
How does one actually pass circles around someone? Does he pass, then run to where he passed to, catch the ball and pass again?

Just visualizing! ;)

But yeh, nonsense stuff. And LBJ *is* God.

Doh, didn't you get the memo?

Lol..yeah it's all part of the Muppet Conspiracy.

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 11:40:00 PM »

Offline MaxwellSmart86

• Jayson Tatum
and what about when KG and Rondo BOTH picked off passes that Lebron threw?....they seem to only go nuts when he does something good...but look the other way when he sucks.

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2010, 11:40:57 PM »

Offline Mizzy21390

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 16
These ABC announcers were SICKENING Today---Van Gundy and Jackson start talking about how Lebron is the Best passing Non PG of All Time---and Van Gundy says it used to be Larry Bird, and Maybe Lebron will end up being the BEST Passer EVER!
Of course, Jackson says, Hold on there, Magic Johnson is the Best passer ever...I guess if Lebron had created the world, we'd have a 6 day week---cause of course, he'd do it better than God---What a couple of IDIOTS.

Give me a BREAK----Lebron?

I wish this man love for LBJ would go away. Its getting annoying to the point where even last year and the year before, I've had to put the game on mute, just to block out JVG annoying voice, and also because of the reactions every LBJ dunk,steal,shot, pass he makes. Heck, they would shout and congratulate him just for using the bathroom and washing his hands.. Its so annoying...

What did you guys think about him going over to the refs table and reviewing the 3pt shot that Mo Williams made? I never saw that before, but I guess is allowed? He apparently told them it's not fair that they started reviewing just because Doc complained... I just don't see how he has the privilege to go review a play with the refs as if he was one... and then complain that Doc shouldn't have complained?
Yeeeaaaa!!!

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2010, 11:42:31 PM »

Offline MaxwellSmart86

• Jayson Tatum
Rondo is a better and More creative Passer than Lebron right now-!

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2010, 11:43:47 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
and what about when KG and Rondo BOTH picked off passes that Lebron threw?....they seem to only go nuts when he does something good...but look the other way when he sucks.

I would relax - for the sake of your blood pressure.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2010, 11:44:53 PM »

Offline MaxwellSmart86

• Jayson Tatum

I would relax - for the sake of your blood pressure.

It's only because I tivo'd the game...and am watching it now---SICKENING with these announcers.

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2010, 11:49:21 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Bird is still the best sf passer to ever play the game.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2010, 11:53:22 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
Yeah I just roll my eyes at their usual hyperbole. It'd have been a stretch to even say the best passer this season but no they had to go for broke and say the best ever. It's like they can't comprehend what "of all time" means.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 12:02:51 AM »

Offline MaxwellSmart86

• Jayson Tatum
Yeah I just roll my eyes at their usual hyperbole. It'd have been a stretch to even say the best passer this season but no they had to go for broke and say the best ever. It's like they can't comprehend what "of all time" means.

THANK YOU!...I couldn't have said it better myself---and I didn't haha.

Rondo, Nash are BOTH better than Lebron---Get a clue ABC.

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2010, 12:14:14 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
This is about money, folks, and stroking the LeBron/Kobe machine for all it's worth ... it has nothing to do with objectivity or fairness, and the media is just part of the same machine. Bird, Magic, Pippen, Havlicek, Malone, Kareem, West, Drexler, Hornacek, and on and on, ALL better passers than LBJ. All they prove by making such statements is how subjective and monetarily motivated they are ... or how ignorant.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 12:23:29 AM by Bahku »
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *