Author Topic: scalabrine out indefinitely with third concussion  (Read 2289 times)

scalabrine out indefinitely with third concussion
« on: March 02, 2009, 03:57:03 AM »

Online radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1227
here's the link:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=3673

i hope we can make a run at any of the bigs that were just waived (joe smith, gooden, or maybe even stromile swift?)...

Re: scalabrine out indefinitely with third concussion
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 04:25:14 AM »

Offline Binky-King

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
Who do you waive to get that big?

I would like to see Giddens, Pruitt & Walker get a chance before they're waived for a end of the season/playoff rental.

Guys just need to get healthy.

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 06:01:27 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

I would like to see Giddens, Pruitt & Walker get a chance before they're waived for a end of the season/playoff rental.

I like gabe, but if it came down to a backup PG who cant seem to crack the rotation after 3 seasons or drew gooden/ joe smith, Id take the big.

won't be an issue anyway, smith is going to CLEV and drew will want to much.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 06:41:56 AM »

Offline illestmcsgt

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
This is a big loss for the Celtics they shouldn't have put him back in after the second one. This will endangers him to ever be placed in the lineup again if it's a big risk. Next concussion could be death so need to watch him more closely.

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 08:49:55 AM »

Offline Scottie

• NGT
  • Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 53
  • About five seconds after 17 O'clock!!

I like gabe, but if it came down to a backup PG who cant seem to crack the rotation after 3 seasons or drew gooden/ joe smith, Id take the big.

It's only Gabe's second season, but I see where you're coming from. His shooting line is starting to resemble the Mendoza Line lately.

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 09:23:54 AM »

Offline kenmaine

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 25
  • Boston 104, New York 59
That's too bad. Hope he can come back, or at the very least be physically ok after bball.
As an aside- his situation is kind of symptomatic of our health care system- at least the out-of-control costs. How much time and expensive hi-tech testing was done on him to determine what was already ridiculously obvious?

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 09:34:51 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
well, if his elevator isn't going all the way up right now, maybe we can just cut him (buy out) and he'll never know.

kinda like on "Office Space" when they let Milton go by "fixing the glitch..."  :D
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 10:01:12 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I'd assume cutting scal and his expiring contract wouldn't work.  I think walker needs 5 minutes a game no matter what at sf.   :-X the regular season we need someone to back up sf even if it means giving up some games.  We have the backup big and sg/pg marbury.  With TA out 'til playoffs I'd say look for a waived sf or throw walker in, sink or swim.  5 minutes a game won't kill us and if he plays well then give him more time
Feel bad for scal he was helping us this year, 3 concussions this quick could end this season, a few more and its a career.  Put him on the broadcast team and dump donny

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 10:07:00 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I'd assume cutting scal and his expiring contract wouldn't work.  I think walker needs 5 minutes a game no matter what at sf.   :-X the regular season we need someone to back up sf even if it means giving up some games.  We have the backup big and sg/pg marbury.  With TA out 'til playoffs I'd say look for a waived sf or throw walker in, sink or swim.  5 minutes a game won't kill us and if he plays well then give him more time
Feel bad for scal he was helping us this year, 3 concussions this quick could end this season, a few more and its a career.  Put him on the broadcast team and dump donny

I like that idea.  I'm sick of listening to Donny pat himself on the back. >:(
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009, 11:36:53 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Sign Toine, we need more 3's from the wing and we need a player the fans can have some fun with.