Author Topic: Is Marbury The New Leader?  (Read 4357 times)

Is Marbury The New Leader?
« on: March 01, 2009, 11:22:41 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I just heard ESPN say that the Detroit Pistons will play against Stephon Marbury and the Celtics this afternoon.  I guess this is how it's going to be with the media for the rest of the season. ::)
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

Re: Is Marbury The New Leader?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 11:23:20 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I just heard ESPN say that the Detroit Pistons will play against Stephon Marbury and the Celtics this afternoon.  I guess this is how it's going to be with the media for the rest of the season. ::)

Just until KG returns from his injury.

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 11:25:28 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632

He's not even a starter though.  He's a backup.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 11:27:52 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107

Well, to be fair, theres no way its Stephon Marbury and the celtics whether KG
is healthy or not. PP is the captain afterall.

Annoying
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 11:48:09 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Wouldn't it be funny if it ends up that way.  I'm just saying in bizarro dream land, if Marbs works out well beyond all belief and actually plays to his best ability, and does become a leader...well, ok...nevermind

MIKKI MOORE & THE BOSTON CELTICS TODAY ON ABC SPORTS
Yup

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 11:50:04 AM »

Offline Greg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 30
If you find this annoying... wait until you see the telecast when that's all they talk about.

But really, people know the big 3.  This is obviously an effort to boost their ratings.

It's like in football, say Vince Wilfork and Mike Vrabel were the Pats' best defenders last year.  ESPN would be like monday night football.... tune in when Matt Cassel and Randy Moss take on the whoever.  Not, tune in when Mike Vrabel and Vince Wilfork take on...

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 11:51:11 AM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
He is not he leader we all know that and so does he, he is just the new guy with a circus and thats all. KG and Peirce are the leaders.
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 11:53:19 AM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
Wouldn't it be funny if it ends up that way.  I'm just saying in bizarro dream land, if Marbs works out well beyond all belief and actually plays to his best ability, and does become a leader...well, ok...nevermind

I don't think he will be the leader, but what if the Celtics could extend him because he fit in and did as he say's he is going to do.
Do you think he would sign with the Celtics for short money if the chemistry ends up good and he helps win #18 in Boston?
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2009, 11:59:21 AM »

Offline GLS

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 26
Meh, it's another addition to the circus....that makes people sit up and take notice.

Would anyone that doesn't care for the Celtics perk up if the promo said something like "Mikki Moore and the Celtics take on the Pistons"

EDIT:  Redz beat me to it.........

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2009, 12:01:30 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43

Steph looks like he's leading you into a hussle.... he's like "my boy here can't even dress himself, I'll give you 2 to 1 against him"
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2009, 12:06:42 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker

Steph is leading the league in pretending to a dog....

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2009, 12:12:31 PM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • The REAL Pau Gasol

That has a nice tune to it actually  :)
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2009, 12:17:18 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker

That has a nice tune to it actually  :)

Led by future hall of famers, you know them as the Big 3, Brian Scalabrine, Gabe Pruitt and JR Giddens, the Boston Celtics will be taking on the Bad Boys of the Detroit Pistons, and it doesn't get badder than Walter Herrrrrrrmannnnnn

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2009, 12:21:55 PM »

Offline SShorefan 4.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 186

I think Stephon has been the leader of this team since preseason, the public is now just catching up with what's been a reality behind the scenes all year.   :-\
Call me a sap, but I love my kids more than anything!

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2009, 12:28:58 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
"Stephon Marbury is the old man behind the curtain in The Wizard of Oz."  - Gloria Steinheim

or something like that