Author Topic: Walker and Giddens, Again.  (Read 14962 times)

Re: Walker and Giddens, Again.
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2009, 06:43:33 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
It really buggles my mind why Doc doesn't gives either Walker or Giddens some minutes, regardless of how he feels personally of how prepared they are. I see him having no problem throwing some vets like Marbury and Moore in there even when they don't know the defensive schemes etc.

Without a doubt in my mind, either of those two could be useful for us this year if given the chance to at least wet their feet. I would've thought that tonight with Walter causing so much havoc over our smaller guards would've been a perfect opportunity to throw on of these two into the fire and see how they handle it.

« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2009, 07:29:11 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
It really buggles my mind why Doc doesn't gives either Walker or Giddens some minutes, regardless of how he feels personally of how prepared they are. I see him having no problem throwing some vets like Marbury and Moore in there even when they don't know the defensive schemes etc.

Without a doubt in my mind, either of those two could be useful for us this year if given the chance to at least wet their feet. I would've thought that tonight with Walter causing so much havoc over our smaller guards would've been a perfect opportunity to throw on of these two into the fire and see how they handle it.

Doc philosophy is a failed one. You're right, why doesn't the same standard for KG applies for Ray & PP. What is so difficult playing rookies? You guys remember how Atlanta took us to 7games with a "rookie" center. Rookies can succeed even for contenders example (JJ Hickson) for the Cavs (C. Lee) for the Magic.

For offensive purposes why not use Walker & for defensive purposes why not use JR. Even just for energy a Walker dunk or a Gidden dunk can provide the missing boost.

My pet peeve with Doc is his infatuation with Vets. He literally threw Moore in the fire without any practice. Unless if he knows something that we don't know, his actions have been ridicules lately. 

« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2009, 08:11:15 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43

Doc philosophy is a failed one. You're right, why doesn't the same standard for KG applies for Ray & PP. What is so difficult playing rookies? You guys remember how Atlanta took us to 7games with a "rookie" center. Rookies can succeed even for contenders example (JJ Hickson) for the Cavs (C. Lee) for the Magic.

For offensive purposes why not use Walker & for defensive purposes why not use JR. Even just for energy a Walker dunk or a Gidden dunk can provide the missing boost.

My pet peeve with Doc is his infatuation with Vets. He literally threw Moore in the fire without any practice. Unless if he knows something that we don't know, his actions have been ridicules lately. 

wait wait wait wait wait - doc's philosophy is a failed one...Atlanta took us to 7 games... who won the freaking title last year? Veterans and two young unproven guys in Rondo and Perk, plus another young kid in Powe, yeah Doc doesn't trust young guys... and he's a failure...so true
When you love life, life loves you right back