Author Topic: Thunder (7-4) at Celtics (9-2) 11/19  (Read 32662 times)

Re: Thunder (7-4) at Celtics (9-2) 11/19
« Reply #165 on: November 20, 2010, 09:56:50 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
That wasn't even a flagrant, Shaq got punished for having more mass.  A little guy gets fouled by a big guy and it looks worse, because they tend to bounce off hard.  I think Shaq should have went straight up, that was a missed shot.  The foul bailed him out.   

We underestimated the Thunder and got struck by a lightning bolt named Westbrook.  I don't think we will underestimate the thunder again.  Thunder played nice but they won't be shooting lights out like that every night.  Was their night and an off night for us.  They shot lights out even when we got a hand in their face.

Rondo was outclassed last night.  But he had some defensive plays where he tapped away the ball from Westbrook in the fourth, I think he was playing hard at times and trying.  Rondo has a speed advantage on most PG guarding him when he doesn't have it , he is exposed somewhat.  Last night was a good example of this fact.   He can blaze by some peeps and score at will.   However, some peeps he can't and we are left with his jumper (gulp). 

I think young athletic teams have been our Achilles Heel last few years.  ATL comes to mind, in that regard.

« Reply #166 on: November 20, 2010, 01:31:27 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
I hate when the C's forget who they are. watching that game last night was disturbing to say the least.
the most important goal for Boston is to finish with a better win/loss record then the Lakers because home court advantage is where it's at.
playing complacent and throwing away sure wins will be thier downfall.
and yes, I have already deemed it will be a Celtic/Laker rematch. :-[

« Reply #167 on: November 20, 2010, 02:42:00 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
That wasn't even a flagrant, Shaq got punished for having more mass.  A little guy gets fouled by a big guy and it looks worse, because they tend to bounce off hard.  I think Shaq should have went straight up, that was a missed shot.  The foul bailed him out.   

We underestimated the Thunder and got struck by a lightning bolt named Westbrook.  I don't think we will underestimate the thunder again.  Thunder played nice but they won't be shooting lights out like that every night.  Was their night and an off night for us.  They shot lights out even when we got a hand in their face.

Rondo was outclassed last night.  But he had some defensive plays where he tapped away the ball from Westbrook in the fourth, I think he was playing hard at times and trying.  Rondo has a speed advantage on most PG guarding him when he doesn't have it , he is exposed somewhat.  Last night was a good example of this fact.   He can blaze by some peeps and score at will.   However, some peeps he can't and we are left with his jumper (gulp). 

I think young athletic teams have been our Achilles Heel last few years.  ATL comes to mind, in that regard.
Atl is not even that young anyway well see them in a couple nights see how we do
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #168 on: November 20, 2010, 07:04:49 PM »

Offline jimmywolfrey

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
My take on the game:

1.  Sonics er...Thunder hit many 'lucky' shots that daggered the Celtics momentum.  Many times when the Celtics D'd up the Thunder still scored off of lucky shots, 2nd chance points or ticky tacky foul calls. 

2.  Westbrook himself was beneficial of many lucky/tickytac fouls. Rondo definitely looked frazzled after he was outplayed a little bit.  Rondo needs to toughen up and still play his game.

3. The offense looked horrible and when the Celtics finally felt a need to play some D, they were even worse offensively.

4.  The Thunder out free throw shot us.  We missed 5 more than them while shooting 5 fewer..that translate into a big difference.

5.  I think this is one game where Ray Allen should have played less.  He just wasn't getting open around screens against Sefolosha and Harden.  Pierce was able to score with his savvy, but Ray Ray had trouble all night.   Inserting Delonte or Nate in their with Rondo would have helped.

6. Great game to feed the Shaq the ball more down the strech even with us trying to come back.  They had no answer for him.  With how we were playing defense in the 4th, we could have lived with a few missed free throws from Shaq.  It sure would have beat what we were doing offensively.

« Reply #169 on: November 20, 2010, 07:52:12 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
My take on the game:

2.  Westbrook himself was beneficial of many lucky/tickytac fouls. Rondo definitely looked frazzled after he was outplayed a little bit.  Rondo needs to toughen up and still play his game.

With how we were playing defense in the 4th, we could have lived with a few missed free throws from Shaq.  It sure would have beat what we were doing offensively.

I have to disagree with your second point. Rondo was upset because about 6 clean steals were whistled as fouls. Westbrook was a horrible PG last night. He was a scorer who benefited from some lucky shots and some questionable foul calls.

As for your 6th point...yes. But then again, if Glen Davis didn't play his worst game of the season and miss 3 of 4 key free throws the game would have been a totally different story. We probably would have won.

I think this game was just a case of letting a team out of the box, and then having karma and the refs kick your butt.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #170 on: November 21, 2010, 09:53:15 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
My take on the game:

With how we were playing defense in the 4th, we could have lived with a few missed free throws from Shaq.  It sure would have beat what we were doing offensively.

I have to disagree with your second point. Rondo was upset because about 6 clean steals were whistled as fouls. Westbrook was a horrible PG last night. He was a scorer who benefited from some lucky shots and some questionable foul calls.

As for your 6th point...yes. But then again, if Glen Davis didn't play his worst game of the season and miss 3 of 4 key free throws the game would have been a totally different story. We probably would have won.

I think this game was just a case of letting a team out of the box, and then having karma and the refs kick your butt.

Rondo didn't foul out so I dunno where those 6 fouls were on those "clean steals"? Let's say Rondo (team) did get called for fouls on 6 steal attempts on Westbrooke, after say the 4th foul called you would think he (they) would know the refs were not going to let it slide and to stop taking those "chances"? Rondo is great but Westbrooke had his number. DWEST played much better D on him and almost everyone (Doc included... watch his post-game interview) saw that! I doubt Rondo let's it happen again, Westbrooke better expect Rondo to put the foot in his butt next time!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)