Author Topic: Meeting Concludes Without Deal / Ongoing Lockout Negotiations Thread  (Read 49440 times)

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/215865/Meeting_Concludes_Without_Deal_Negotiations_Broken_Off_Indefinitely

Looks like there is a 6% difference in BRI, 47% proposed by owners, and 53% proposed by the players.  If you want to throw the agents into the mix they're still at 57%.  The middle ground between the players and owners would be exactly 50%.  But with no scheduled talks it appears 11/1 is certainly in jeopardy.  
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 10:12:16 PM by Roy H. »

Re: Meeting Concludes Without Deal, Negotiations Broken Off Indefinitely
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 06:46:40 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
No agreement on Monday means the first two weeks will be cancelled.

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 06:52:52 PM »

Offline DKClassic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 177
:(

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 06:59:20 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Terrible news

it's going to be a long gloomy winter without basketball  >:(
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 07:17:01 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Stern is suggesting that the league offered -- at least conceptually -- a 50/50 split of BRI, with no salary rollbacks.  The players rejected it.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 07:23:14 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Stern is suggesting that the league offered -- at least conceptually -- a 50/50 split of BRI, with no salary rollbacks.  The players rejected it.

Between that, and his statement about the Monday deadline, I don't think this is over.  There is a lot of posturing going on here, particularly by the players, who are trying very hard to show they are willing to miss games...but it sounds like they are closer than the players want people to think.

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 07:25:07 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Between that, and his statement about the Monday deadline, I don't think this is over.  There is a lot of posturing going on here, particularly by the players, who are trying very hard to show they are willing to miss games...but it sounds like they are closer than the players want people to think.

I hope you're right.  I see the posturing, and the attempt to win the battle in the court of public opinion.  However, I'm not optimistic at all about having a season.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 08:11:53 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

I hope you're right.  I see the posturing, and the attempt to win the battle in the court of public opinion.  However, I'm not optimistic at all about having a season.

I hate that I am agreeing so much with a Knicks fan lately, but once again I think Sheridan hits it right on the mark. 

http://sheridanhoops.com/2011/10/04/nba-lockout-update-5/

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2011, 08:29:32 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 661
  • MASTER OF PANIC
sounds like the players are digging in deep this time

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2011, 08:39:50 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 733

once again, Roy, i have the same thoughts as you about this - just have not had a lot of hope about this from the beginning - this sounds too much like one of those historical pro sports lockout/strikes that is so contentious that it does damage for years after.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2011, 08:44:01 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
sounds like the owners gave alot and the players still rejected it...no hard cap offered and a 50/50 split of revenue ::)

but, i think its just posturing to try and get a deal closer to what they want...do we really think a season will be cancelled over 3% points?

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2011, 08:49:52 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
The players should not accept any deal below 53/54%.

I don't think they'll agree to a deal below that threshold over the next few days, and even if they were to agree to such a deal, I don't see it passing a union-wide vote.

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2011, 09:12:46 PM »

Offline mooltrikon

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
I don't really care if the season is lost.

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2011, 09:27:01 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159

I sure as hell do. This sucks.

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2011, 09:30:56 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I sure as hell do. This sucks.

Yeah.  Thank God for the core of CB posters and a lot of the new members, but I'm ready for some new conversations around here.