Poll

What happens tonight?

Celtics Win
36 (52.9%)
Warriors Win, But Do Not Cover Spread (7.5 points)
14 (20.6%)
Warriors Win And Cover Spread (7.5 points)
18 (26.5%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Author Topic: Poll: What happens tonight?  (Read 5268 times)

Re: Poll: What happens tonight?
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2017, 04:04:09 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
It's amazing that we're on a 13 game win streak and at home, yet most C'bloggers are siding with GS.

Y'all should be ashamed for your lack of faith. My unbridled optimism won't let me entertain the notion of them coming into our house and stopping the streak.

Masked, untucked Kyrie is finally going to be unleashed going off for 36+, and he'll stick the dagger in their hearts with a crossover three from the right wing, giving them nightmares of 2016 all over again. Celtics win 107 to 105.

absolutley correct jp. we need faith and trust in CBS and the celtics. as KG one squeeched...anything can happen!!!  ;D tp to jp for the positive thinking!

i plan to enjoy this game and expect the celtics to give GSW more than it can handle.how did the celtics do against GSW the past two years? they split the four games, with GSW winning one in over time.

now the celtics have kyrie, a better smart, and the jay boys.  ;D

celtics win tonight!!!!!!

I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2017, 04:06:07 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
After going one for 12 and allowing Steph Curry to go off for 45 points Smart steals the ball from Curry, runs the court and pulls up for a last second three. Celtics win. Smart declared an integral part of the offense and one the best defenders in the league. Nobody complains.
actually, i would not be at all surprised if this happened....except for the "nobody complains" part. i mean, this IS cb.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2017, 04:11:50 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
where's the game thread?

help me FL celts fan. you're my only hope

p.s. not enough people have faith in the C's tonight
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2017, 04:26:33 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Celtics by 4.

Curry misses a go ahead 3 with 2 seconds left, and the warriors foul Tatum who got the rebound. Tatum hits the final 2 FTs with the ice pumping through his veins.
#JKJB

« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2017, 04:32:49 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I pick us to win. I really think we will.  I think Kyrie is going to have a great game, despite the mask.

I can't believe that GS is favored by 7.5 on our court. 

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2017, 04:35:09 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!
Everyone is picking GS tonight. Playing with house money and streak will no impact on the outcome. If the bench throws another clunker it’s a loss. It will be tough enough to score with them as is. If it’s close in the 4th they’ll find a way I think.

« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2017, 05:24:20 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Was it over when Hayward went down?

Was it over when Horford went down?

Was it over when Krie went down?

Celts will step up to the challenge against the overstuffed champs/
Yup

« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2017, 07:45:14 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
I think we will lose but this becomes a very good learning experience for our team..  A.lot of the commentators that  don't want to give us credit for being good keep saying that come playoff time Cleveland will flip the switch and they'll be better.   They say that we don't have another go to score besides Irving but I think that by play of time Jayson Tatum will step up to be the number 2 scoring option on this team and will be putting up like 20 a game.
 wWe will be a different team by playoffs but right now we're not ready to beat Golden State.

« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2017, 07:51:42 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
I had Golden State by 8, so I guess I'm voting that they win and cover.

Mike

« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2017, 07:59:37 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
C's win a close game

« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2017, 10:43:58 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2919
It's amazing that we're on a 13 game win streak and at home, yet most C'bloggers are siding with GS.

Y'all should be ashamed for your lack of faith. My unbridled optimism won't let me entertain the notion of them coming into our house and stopping the streak.

Masked, untucked Kyrie is finally going to be unleashed going off for 36+, and he'll stick the dagger in their hearts with a crossover three from the right wing, giving them nightmares of 2016 all over again. Celtics win 107 to 105.

Oh ye of little faith!!

« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2017, 10:58:56 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
The following goes into figuring the potential result.

The Warriors are carrying weight into this game -- they are "supposed" to win.

The Celtics are home dogs -- "they have nothing to lose."

Everybody in the world is picking the Warriors (Ainge picked them this AM on the radio) -- In gambling, "Everybody is wrong".

The Celtics bench will put in an above average game as last game they didn't.

When the Celtic's bench is "on" they are better than the Warrior's bench.

The Celtics have a shiny new "National TV Kyrie".

The Celtics have a fully committed defense playing by far the best offensive team in the league. If the game is played tough as tough? The defense will win.

The Warriors have Durant...I still say Celtics at the buzzer by 2 points.

Ok, I missed by 2.

Gawd I wish I had bet this game!

« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2017, 12:21:56 AM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
My prediction is that the Warriors will come in to this game determined to make a statement, punching hard right from the start and will likely run out to an early, large lead.   The C's so-far-sub-par offense will have trouble keeping up with GSW's raw shooting talent.

But I think even if that happens, that the Cs will grind their way back into it with defensive adjustments and if it's close at the end, they may be able to steal it.   Having the home crowd behind them could be critical.

Oooh ... if only I hadn't hedged with the words "may be able to" and had gone all-in on "will"!
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2017, 12:46:50 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
PARTY  ;D

« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2017, 01:02:00 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 995
I think GSW takes Kerr's flattery of the C's to heart and comes out with a vengeance looking to drill the "young upstart" team to show they're still the dominant team.

Expecting a GSW blowout of 17+ points.  Hoping for a C's blowout of 20+ points.

I honestly think that if GSW wins big tonight, C's will beat them on their court --> GSW gets their 'statement' game out of their system and C's go into that next matchup to prove something

You nailed that part, except they BLEW A 17-POINT LEAD LOLOLLLL

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)