Poll

If you had to choose, who stays?

Terry Rozier
58 (42.6%)
Marcus Smart
78 (57.4%)

Total Members Voted: 135

Author Topic: Keep Smart or Rozier (merged threads) Poll  (Read 28909 times)

Re: Keep Smart or Rozier (merged threads) Poll
« Reply #135 on: April 15, 2018, 08:43:10 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I still lean towards Smart because he impacts winning more consistently throughout the duration of a game.  Rozier has been insane with the clutch shooting but he also is prone to major mistakes. 

Smart will also fit in seamlessly with the return of Hayward and Kyrie.  As for Rozier, I would argue that his biggest strengths are somewhat negated once the rest of this group reaches its potential. 

« Reply #136 on: April 15, 2018, 08:56:07 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Annnnnd this discussion is over.

Kinda a fun thread for me to look back at.
Why would it be over?

« Reply #137 on: April 15, 2018, 09:01:03 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Smart all day long .

I like Rozier to a point . 

Smart is a rare type of player today .   Old school .....he impacts the team , tuffness for the rookies to emulate.

CBS said it best .....he impacts winning , even if he never scores but one point .....it may because of a play he makes happen

« Reply #138 on: April 15, 2018, 09:08:44 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

Why would it be over?
I do realize that Rozier could make the all Nba Team while Smart could be struggling as a 7th man and there would be people saying they'd rather keep Smart due to his hard nosed play and tremendous defense but in the real world this deal is done.

« Reply #139 on: April 15, 2018, 09:31:27 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
My opinion: we will use rozier to play hardball with smart contact negotiations "if you won't accept our offer, fine  we will just pay rozier"

I think what happens will be dictated on whether smart stays on Dannys offer

« Reply #140 on: April 15, 2018, 09:48:41 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

Why would it be over?
I do realize that Rozier could make the all Nba Team while Smart could be struggling as a 7th man and there would be people saying they'd rather keep Smart due to his hard nosed play and tremendous defense but in the real world this deal is done.

You do realize that Rozier nearly single-handedly lost us the game and played like hot garbage for all but like the last 6 minutes of the game, right? Not exactly sure where you're going with this, but that's pretty much the MO with this whole Smart vs. Rozier debate with you.

EDIT: And by the way, at this point it seems pretty clear that the market will have us much more likely to keep Smart than Rozier. Unless Smart takes the QO and goes full free agent next summer, the market will be limited for him this summer with so little money available. IIRC, the same isn't true about the market when Rozier reaches RFA, which I would guess means he will get a sizable offer from somewhere, especially with his play after Kyrie went down.

And besides, with the development of Brown and Tatum and Kyrie and Hayward coming back, we need Smart's elite perimeter D, high BBIQ, and intangibles much more than Rozier's bench scoring and athleticism. Still clearly a Smart over Rozier decision for me, even if it's now due to Rozier probably playing his way out of our price range and others on our team filling the scoring/shooting needs that Smart lacks.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 09:53:45 PM by jpotter33 »

« Reply #141 on: April 15, 2018, 10:38:25 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

Why would it be over?

You do realize that Rozier nearly single-handedly lost us the game and played like hot garbage for all but like the last 6 minutes of the game, right? Not exactly sure where you're going with this, but that's pretty much the MO with this whole Smart vs. Rozier debate with you.

EDIT: And by the way, at this point it seems pretty clear that the market will have us much more likely to keep Smart than Rozier. Unless Smart takes the QO and goes full free agent next summer, the market will be limited for him this summer with so little money available. IIRC, the same isn't true about the market when Rozier reaches RFA, which I would guess means he will get a sizable offer from somewhere, especially with his play after Kyrie went down.

And besides, with the development of Brown and Tatum and Kyrie and Hayward coming back, we need Smart's elite perimeter D, high BBIQ, and intangibles much more than Rozier's bench scoring and athleticism. Still clearly a Smart over Rozier decision for me, even if it's now due to Rozier probably playing his way out of our price range and others on our team filling the scoring/shooting needs that Smart lacks.

For the reasons Nick says, Smart is just more valuable to the Cs than to other teams. TRoz would be a heck of a luxury next year as a bench player, but if Gordon and Kyrie are coming back, a trade to get some value seems like a better move.

« Reply #142 on: April 16, 2018, 01:29:00 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

Why would it be over?

Basically this, With KI,GH,Brown,Tatum we have enough fire power, i want a six man that can give hustle winning plays and all NBA defense every single game

« Reply #143 on: April 16, 2018, 01:33:31 AM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93
Does anyone think that if it was reversed- Rozier out and Smart playing major minutes at PG-
we would have won today?  I just don't see it.

I just don't see what Marcus could do to keep the offense working - yes Terry took some bad shots and drove into bigs a couple times, just like Marcus would have.  But in general he ran the offense, kept the ball moving, had few turnovers, played solid D and provided clutch offense.  What offense much less clutch offense is there to be found in Smart's game. Marcus cannot get by anyone or get his shot off under pressure.  Apart from an occasional nice pass Marcus does not run the offense well at all.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 01:41:58 AM by feckless »
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #144 on: April 16, 2018, 02:05:13 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

Why would it be over?

Basically this, With KI,GH,Brown,Tatum we have enough fire power, i want a six man that can give hustle winning plays and all NBA defense every single game
Ya it may be that who you'd rather have in a vacuum (Rozier) is different than who is a better fit on this team (Smart, maybe?). And in the end mart will probably be cheaper. Then again I have a sneaking suspicion he will take end up taking the QO.

« Reply #145 on: April 16, 2018, 02:28:09 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
I can see the argument for both guys

I'm starting to lean toward Keeping smart to have that tony allen type of bench glue guy. It was an important role during our title win. With Hayward and kyrie returning, will we really need roziers (sometimes streaky) offense? the defensive glue from smart and his ability to steal could be useful for the doldrums our team miteam have. I get it, rozier is also decent at stealing and defensive solid decent. At the end of the day, whichever we keep will be a good choice

« Reply #146 on: April 16, 2018, 02:31:03 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

Why would it be over?

don't forget, marcus Morris fire power as well. The guy drops 20+ pts almost every other game now. I didn't think he'd be this good but he is

« Reply #147 on: April 16, 2018, 07:31:29 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Why would it be over?

don't forget, marcus Morris fire power as well. The guy drops 20+ pts almost every other game now. I didn't think he'd be this good but he is
No one did. Morris has set career highs in per minute production across the board this season
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #148 on: April 16, 2018, 07:51:23 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
So basically the pro Smart crowd used to make the case that we needed to keep Smart because he was the better player. Now they make the case that we need to keep Smart because Rozier is the better player

« Reply #149 on: April 16, 2018, 08:15:11 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
So basically the pro Smart crowd used to make the case that we needed to keep Smart because he was the better player. Now they make the case that we need to keep Smart because Rozier is the better player
Putting a team together is like putting a puzzle together.  You don't just put it together with the highest scoring guys at each position.