Author Topic: Robert Williams (Merged Threads)  (Read 238885 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Can’t make this stuff up: Celtics say rookie first-round pick Robert Williams, who was introduced here Friday, missed his flight back to Boston and was not present for the start of summer league practice today. Williams already overslept an introductory conference call.

LOL!

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
So when will the Robert Williams is a bust threads start?

When he spends the entire season in Stevens' dog house and gets no minutes his rookie season.

Or, when he goes to Europe after the team refuses to offer the 120% rookie scale.

You can’t wait for that to happen can you?  ;)

I would love to see his boneheadness cost him some money, because that may be the only thing that teaches him a lesson.

It already has.

The difference between lottery$$$ and #27 $$$$.

That’s gotta be substantial.

The other way to look at it from our perspective is that if anyone can get the boneheadedness out of him, we can, and that but for his boneheadedness, we never get him at 27.

Quite the dual edged sword, huh?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 06:25:50 PM by csfansince60s »

Re: Robert Williams and the makings of a masterpiece
« Reply #107 on: July 01, 2018, 06:22:28 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
http://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/1013537987492302848

Yeah, not the greatest start to Williams’ Celtics career...

Lol.  He's very young.

and?

he needed to get his act together 5 years ago

everyone seems like they have been really nice to him so far

its time somebody pulls him aside....and give him a stern lecture and also a warning. The Celtics will drop him without shedding a tear

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
So when will the Robert Williams is a bust threads start?

When he spends the entire season in Stevens' dog house and gets no minutes his rookie season.

Or, when he goes to Europe after the team refuses to offer the 120% rookie scale.

You can’t wait for that to happen can you?  ;)

I would love to see his boneheadness cost him some money, because that may be the only thing that teaches him a lesson.

It already has.

The difference between lottery$$$ and #27 $$$$.

That’s gotta be substantial.

The other way to look at it from our perspective is that if anyone can get the boneheadedness out of him, we can and that but for his boneheadedness, we never get him at 27.

Quite the dual edged sword, huh?

you solved the matrix

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
The Celts should have drafted Spellman

This guy is already sounding worse than Fab Melo

Can you imagine.....  Vet:  Robert , make sure you bring coffee for the vets tomorrow. here is the order....

waiting...waiting
LOL the vets will def destroy him if he messes rookie duties up.
IMO he was the right pick and we were lucky he fell. He hasn't been around our guys at all yet and we have to give them the chance to give him the riot act and the very rude awakening of our culture. Maybe he fits right in and buys into everything.

Like the 2008 team we have guys that will actually fight him to benefit the team/ help RW3. ....instead of what other teams do and go to the media w/ crap insults and diss tracks.

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
May as well name this the Bob Williams saga because it looks like this thing is just getting started. If he blows this woof

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Wish Perk was still here to handle such matters.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline otherdave

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 123
  • takes.....MAKES!!!!
Why did he even have a flight to catch? He was just in Boston a couple of days ago getting officially introduced. Did he fly back home after the introduction?

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Why did he even have a flight to catch? He was just in Boston a couple of days ago getting officially introduced. Did he fly back home after the introduction?

sounds like it

this guy should not be allowed to be alone

pair him up with a roommate moving forward.  And a guy who won't lie for him in case he wants to sneak out or something

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

sounds like it

this guy should not be allowed to be alone

pair him up with a roommate moving forward.  And a guy who won't lie for him in case he wants to sneak out or something

someone like Smart, Horford, Brown should be good role models for him

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
Once he gets to Boston they can get him a babysitter.

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Whether he is responsible or not, have you guys looked at the roster?

From what I can see, the only thing he's going to need to be on time for is the game at the Portland Expo Building....it was built in 1915 for a cost of $80,000. (There's an inflation exercise for ya).

Theis will get the minutes behind Baynes or the other way around. Williams needs to light it up to even get garbage minutes this coming season.  He is playing behind a guy nicknamed Dancing bear who averaged 7 minutes last year...and that sounds like a lot.

Ainge was acting like he was still playing for the Blue Jays with this pick..."swinging for the fences."

(I still can't wait to see him play in Summer League...there are plenty of flights to Vegas each day so odds are good he'll make it.)

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
2x SEC Defensive Player of the Year....can't be too lazy.
it may be more a case of being immature than lazy. he has talent, let's see whether he can grow the maturity to use it well in the nba.

not time to panic yet. a long time to go and watch him grow...we hope.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I don't love this.

That said, I'm holding onto my judgment right now. We don't know why.

He sounds like an immature kid. That annoys me as a fan, particularly if it means I don't get to watch him in summer league.

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
Some personal anecdotes on missing flights and "time management"

I love my wife.  So far she's had a very successful career, an executive at a company you all have heard of.  Works extremely hard, works all the time, gets the job done, and gets results.  Really I don't know how she does it.

But she does not understand the time it takes to get from Point A to Point B to save her life.  She's missed flights, she's missed meetings, she's missed engagements, if it has a specific start time, my wife has probably missed it.  She just can't handle time.  A couple of examples:

Movie starts at 7pm, movie theater is 15 minutes away, suggesting we leave anytime before 6:40 is ridiculous to her.  It just doesn't compute with her that 15 minutes away is from our parking lot to the movie theater parking lot.  It will take us 2 minutes to walk from our apartment to our car, 15 minutes to drive to the theater, 2-3 minutes to park and walk into the theater, 5-15 minutes to get tickets and snacks, she may want to use the bathroom before the movie starts, and then 2 minutes to get from the lobby to our seats.

Same thing going the airport.  She only calculates parking lot to parking lot.  Doesn't calculate if we need to get gas first, doesn't calculate that we have to park the car, take a shuttle, check bags, go through security lines, it might be a 20 minute walk to our gate, etc.  Doesn't calculate in rush hour traffic, or the possibility of long security lines.  Plane leaves at 7 doesn't mean we get there and board at 7, it means we board at 6:30, which means we should be at the airport by 6 at the latest.

I love my wife.  An extremely talented and hard worker.  She just struggles with the concept of time.  And I know others like this too.

She's gotten better over the years due to me "constantly nagging her" about it, but she struggles with it, still fails to account for things she should be aware of (do you need gas, is it rush hour, is it easy to find parking).  Gotten better, but she still struggles.

All that to say, there's hope for Robert Williams.  You can be a very talented hard worker with your head on straight, and just suck at time management, like my wife.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class