Author Topic: Where will Melo land?  (Read 520 times)

Where will Melo land?
« on: February 06, 2019, 12:06:58 PM »

Offline Eric_Suede

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 19
Ok you guys help me out. Maybe there's just an aspect of nba business and team building that I just don't understand. Why is the league seemingly dumping on Melo like he's a 55yr old scrub? You have guys like Ian Mahinmi on a roster making $16million but Melo is on the outside? Don't get me wrong, i'm not talking about a championship contender. ( I DO NOT want to see Melo in green) , But someone please explain to me how fringe teams, who isn't tanking /in the Zion sweepstakes. won't consider signing Melo as a one year rental.
 Somebody break down how CA going to Charlotte or Nets would somehow "Ruin" their franchise. #1 as I stated earlier , they're NOT contenders now and they're not bad enough to purposely tank. They both need scoring. Why not? Charlotte is rumored to be trading for Gasol

C: Gasol
PF: Williams
SF: Melo
SG: Batum
PG: Walker (backup Tony Parker)

That's a terrible starting 5????
#2 It makes the Hornets at least a TAD bit interesting this year which = Butts in seats. Why not?
#3 If it doesn't work out , you can TOTALLY blame Melo and ship him out. Noone in the city of Charlotte will be mad at the front office for trying.

Lastly for those saying "he would never play for Charlotte" Fine , I don't think he'd be against the idea of returning to New York? So why not Brooklyn? Teams don't seem to be lining up to sign Melo and maybe he's not the melo of old but he's still way better than scrubs like Mahinmi and Biyombo who are ridiculously overpaid. Washington traded for Dwight howard for God's sake. Really Howard = good, melo= Cancer?

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 12:52:56 PM by Eric_Suede »

Re: Where will Melo land?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 12:18:07 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I also find it weird that his name does not come up at all.