Author Topic: Hayward out vs Atlanta - Potential Showcase?  (Read 2939 times)

Hayward out vs Atlanta - Potential Showcase?
« on: January 19, 2019, 04:47:19 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Normally I don't read to deeply into DNP's but I think this one could something a bit deeper going on.

I don't know about you all but if I was managing a roster I would have at least a top 3 trade destination city for each player on the roster. Kind of like how Batman had a contingency plan for defeating each member of the Justice League if they ever went rogue. 8)

You don't want to be scrambling to figure out trade destinations if things suddenly start taking a turn for the worse, you should know the logical destinations of your best assets and ideally will have already begun to lay the groundwork on a potential transaction.

While Gordon's 'Personal' DNP might all be nothing more than a guy needing a night off, I do find it interesting who will be the main beneficiary of the open minutes: Jaylen Brown.

Although he's a very worldly young man, I think it's worth noting that Jaylen grew up in Georgia. I see him as a pretty ideal realistic trade target for the Hawks especially considering the type of modern pace and space, switch heavy roster that they are building.

Jaylen looks positively 'Nique-esque like in his vertical ability and would be a powerful lane filler running the break with Trae Young.

Not saying I expect any deal this season, but a strong performance in front of the Atlanta crowd might be enough to entice the front office to make a move this offseason.

The one thing that our Anthony Davis package is currently missing is a true blue chip high draft pick. If we could ship out Jaylen and assets to nab the unprotected Atlanta pick IMO it would afford us the the final piece to an Anthony Davis trade.

What do you think?

Re: Hayward out vs Atlanta - Potential Showcase?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 04:51:02 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
It’s probably to do with the fact that his wife was expecting a couple of days ago, so she may have given birth / be in the process of
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 04:54:46 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Normally I don't read to deeply into DNP's but I think this one could something a bit deeper going on.

I don't know about you all but if I was managing a roster I would have at least a top 3 trade destination city for each player on the roster. Kind of like how Batman had a contingency plan for defeating each member of the Justice League if they ever went rogue. 8)

You don't want to be scrambling to figure out trade destinations if things suddenly start taking a turn for the worse, you should know the logical destinations of your best assets and ideally will have already begun to lay the groundwork on a potential transaction.

While Gordon's 'Personal' DNP might all be nothing more than a guy needing a night off, I do find it interesting who will be the main beneficiary of the open minutes: Jaylen Brown.

Although he's a very worldly young man, I think it's worth noting that Jaylen grew up in Georgia. I see him as a pretty ideal realistic trade target for the Hawks especially considering the type of modern pace and space, switch heavy roster that they are building.

Jaylen looks positively 'Nique-esque like in his vertical ability and would be a powerful lane filler running the break with Trae Young.

Not saying I expect any deal this season, but a strong performance in front of the Atlanta crowd might be enough to entice the front office to make a move this offseason.

The one thing that our Anthony Davis package is currently missing is a true blue chip high draft pick. If we could ship out Jaylen and assets to nab the unprotected Atlanta pick IMO it would afford us the the final piece to an Anthony Davis trade.

What do you think?

I think since his wife Robin is apparently expecting the baby today.

Also Jaylen Brown looks more appealing than unprotected Atlanta pick, (nothing short of it being top 3,) to be honest for an Anthony Davis trade.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 05:11:53 PM »

Kiorrik

Yup. He's on father duty.

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 05:12:28 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
It’s probably to do with the fact that his wife was expecting a couple of days ago, so she may have given birth / be in the process of
no, no, no, no, no....who would possibly believe such a far fetched thing as this when a much better conspiracy theory is already on the table???

;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 05:26:17 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Best wishes to Robyn and the whole Hayward family

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2019, 05:26:43 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Why in the world would Boston need to tell Hayward to take a night off so we can showcase Brown when there is clearly tons of film on Brown because he plays regularly? It's not like Brown never plays and so must get playing time to create film for talent evaluators to look at.

Also, yeah Hayward is probably with his wife tonight.

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2019, 05:28:36 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
Jaylen was very good last night. He also adds an element that this team badly needs - someone besides Kyrie who can get to the basket and score. 

I go back and forth on him.  But as far as showcasing, I think teams pretty much know what they'd be getting with him.  Potentially very good player, mediocre hands, has concentration lapses that are common with younger players.

He and Tatum are the Celtics most valuable trade commodities. You could ask for a lottery pick or quality NBA starter + something else for either one of them

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2019, 05:34:39 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Why in the world would Boston need to tell Hayward to take a night off so we can showcase Brown when there is clearly tons of film on Brown because he plays regularly? It's not like Brown never plays and so must get playing time to create film for talent evaluators to look at.

Yeah, the whole notion of showcase games is very weird to me. He has over 200 games played (including playoffs), so I don’t know what difference one game would make
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2019, 05:50:58 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362

Aw what a dull reason  ;D the OP's reason was so much more dramatic and fun to believe in and speculate about  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2019, 06:02:33 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

What do you think?

No he is not getting traded

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2019, 06:04:11 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Yeah, the whole notion of showcase games is very weird to me. He has over 200 games played (including playoffs), so I don’t know what difference one game would make

How many of those games have been against the Hawks, though? Everyone knows that GMs only watch their team's games, and will target players sole based on their performance in those games
I'm bitter.

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2019, 06:30:37 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
so Jaylen is the center piece of a trade package that lands us Anthony davis?

yup, i'm on a Celtics board...

Re: Hayward out vs Atlanta - Potential Showcase? Edit: Probably not
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2019, 06:38:39 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
Hehe I didn't bother to read past the headlines that Robyn may be in labor. Best wishes to the Hayward family!

Thanks for the responses everyone.

Also just wanted to clarify that I agree that Jaylen is playing great and providing an element that we drastically need.

I'm not suggesting to trade him because he's not working with us but rather that he might be more valuable to other teams as a starter than to us as Hayward and Tatum's future backup.

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2019, 06:40:36 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
so Jaylen is the center piece of a trade package that lands us Anthony davis?

yup, i'm on a Celtics board...

Lets say Atl gets the 3rd pick in this draft. Could that be the centerpiece of an AD trade?

Jaylen + picks could get it done for number 3.