Author Topic: Ginobili has retired  (Read 4193 times)

Re: Ginobili has retired
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2018, 01:11:33 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Patty Mills is now the only member of the Spurs that was on the title team that has been on the Spurs since the title (Belinelli is now back, but left).

Also got me wondering, with his retirement which player has the longest consecutive tenure on one team.  Is it Westbrook or am I not thinking of someone?

Dirk.  Haslem (although he might be done).  Gasol.  Conley.

Not sure he's back, but Nick Collison goes back to the Seattle days with Thunder organization.

Marcus Smart, the longest tenured Celtic is pretty amazing.

Collison officially retired a few months back. 

RE: Smart - how many teams have coaches with a longer tenure than their longest tenured player?  Pop obviously but Stevens has only been here 5 years!
I assume Doc does though I didn't bother to check.  Doesn't Brett Brown pre-date all of the Sixers.  If Haslem retires then Spo will (depending on how you count Wade assuming he is even back).  I doubt there are any more. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: Ginobili has retired
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2018, 03:45:44 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Patty Mills is now the only member of the Spurs that was on the title team that has been on the Spurs since the title (Belinelli is now back, but left).

Also got me wondering, with his retirement which player has the longest consecutive tenure on one team.  Is it Westbrook or am I not thinking of someone?

Dirk.  Haslem (although he might be done).  Gasol.  Conley.

Not sure he's back, but Nick Collison goes back to the Seattle days with Thunder organization.

Marcus Smart, the longest tenured Celtic is pretty amazing.

Collison officially retired a few months back. 

RE: Smart - how many teams have coaches with a longer tenure than their longest tenured player?  Pop obviously but Stevens has only been here 5 years!
I assume Doc does though I didn't bother to check.  Doesn't Brett Brown pre-date all of the Sixers.  If Haslem retires then Spo will (depending on how you count Wade assuming he is even back).  I doubt there are any more.

I checked and can confirm.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 03:52:10 PM by greece666 »