Author Topic: Trade idea: Cody Zeller, a legit starter  (Read 4207 times)

Re: Trade idea: Cody Zeller, a legit starter
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2019, 10:27:48 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Zeller is a Trex rebounder. He doesn't have a nose for the ball. Poor passer his court vision is avg for a 7 footer at best. You would get frustrated with him quickly. Don't see how he fits what Brad wants to do.
Throughout his career, Charlotte was always rebounding well with him on the floor.
Even if his counting rebounds weren't impressive team-wise he gets the job done.
That's more important to me than his RPG.
Brad always liked centers that can run.
Maybe you are right saying he would be underwhelming, but I wouldn't expect an allstar, just an upgrade over Kanter.
IMO he could be that.
Theis is too small to help us in either Philly or Milwaukee series.
Zeller is 7 footer like Kanter, but a better defender.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2019, 11:23:54 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
Zeller is a Trex rebounder. He doesn't have a nose for the ball. Poor passer his court vision is avg for a 7 footer at best. You would get frustrated with him quickly. Don't see how he fits what Brad wants to do.
Throughout his career, Charlotte was always rebounding well with him on the floor.
Even if his counting rebounds weren't impressive team-wise he gets the job done.
That's more important to me than his RPG.
Brad always liked centers that can run.
Maybe you are right saying he would be underwhelming, but I wouldn't expect an allstar, just an upgrade over Kanter.
IMO he could be that.
Theis is too small to help us in either Philly or Milwaukee series.
Zeller is 7 footer like Kanter, but a better defender.

Most any center is an upgrade over Kanter on defense (although I give him benefit of doubt to improve based on his comments he never really paid much attention to becoming a better defender). Cody is an avg defender at best, by the eye test and defensive metrics. Overall I see Zeller as a downgrade, his game is very similar to his brothers (pick and roll rim runner).

GA and Embid would abuse the snot out of him on both ends.
ok fine

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2019, 12:31:40 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
There has never been a point in their respective careers where I've thought Cody Zeller was a better player than Enes Kanter. I would be truly bummed if we sent out Kanter (along with Theis?) for him. I understand that Cody is not Tyler, but this isn't the kind-of upgrade our team needs at the Center position. If we are going to go for it, I want to see like a Tatum, Smart, and MEM pick for KAT type of deal; otherwise I am happy rolling with who we already have.

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2019, 02:30:21 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Zeller is interesting in that he may have found a 3 pt shot, 4-9 so far this year. I'd prefer him to TT. If he continues to show a proclivity for the 3, his price will go up a bit.

Ultimately, I think our Big move is to bring back Baynes.

Trade rules will not allow the Celts to re-acquire Baynes this season.
So Baynes is not an option for the Cs.

Cody Zeller only 11 playoff games played.

TT has 78 playoff games played.

We can't trade for him this season, but if the Suns were to trade him to a team that then bought him out, we would be allowed to sign him this year (the league has specifically said that such a case is allowed)
I'm bitter.