Author Topic: Woj: Lakers working on acquiring Ariza  (Read 2881 times)

Re: Woj: Lakers working on acquiring Ariza
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2018, 07:25:19 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
LeBron demanding deals that will hamper the team in the long run, it is what he does.

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2018, 07:28:41 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
here we go again ......  LOL ....Bron needs hep .   Bron and Magic are in a win now mode .Anything can happen and will.   They don't want to throw away this years chance of Bron winning a title . 

Bron can't put on the cape but so many more years .  One tuff injury at his age will sink his ship , like it did Kobe .

Lakers in a panic .   Not 100% clear they will get Leonard.   Bron starting to take charge of personel again.  SMH

I want to se Ball traded to Hawks or Nets or Cavs

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2018, 08:10:35 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
not a championship level move. why would they bother?

Keep him away from Houston (and other West contenders).

There's been rumors since Ariza signed in the summer that he'd be bought out and return to Houston.

Hate to wake up that sleeping giant.

Ariza is the big winner here.  Sign a $15 million contract and then get traded to or bought out + signed by a mini-contender.

Sounds like the new handbook from the NBPA where the inmates run the asylum.

Good team doesn’t have the money to resign quality vet, so let them go get paid by a scrub team and after a few months be disgruntled and demand to be bought out. Give up a couple mil to get it back from new team.

Gotta love the new NBA.

I never understand the ownership take vs the player take. Yeah, we should try to pick on young guys that may have come from a poor upbringing versus the Wyc Grousbeck/ Jeannie Buss types- people that inherited a ton of money. I will never understand why people would rather favor Goliath over David. I guess it helps to have a diversity of opinions though...

RE: Ariza- I don't think this will move the needle. I do, however, see the Lakers as a top 5 team in the West, which is different than my pre-season prediction. If I'm Magic, I'd also look to improve the team as quickly as possible. While Lebron may hold his value like Tom Brady, I'm guessing its a long shot. I'd trade Brandon Ingram as soon as possible. I'm sure the Wolves wish they did the same with Wiggins.

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2018, 08:29:49 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

There's been rumors since Ariza signed in the summer that he'd be bought out and return to Houston.

Ariza is the big winner here.  Sign a $15 million contract and then get traded to or bought out + signed by a mini-contender.

Good team doesn’t have the money to resign quality vet, so let them go get paid by a scrub team and after a few months be disgruntled and demand to be bought out. Give up a couple mil to get it back from new team.

Gotta love the new NBA.

I never understand the ownership take vs the player take. Yeah, we should try to pick on young guys that may have come from a poor upbringing versus the Wyc Grousbeck/ Jeannie Buss types- people that inherited a ton of money. I will never understand why people would rather favor Goliath over David. I guess it helps to have a diversity of opinions though...

RE: Ariza- I don't think this will move the needle. I do, however, see the Lakers as a top 5 team in the West, which is different than my pre-season prediction. If I'm Magic, I'd also look to improve the team as quickly as possible. While Lebron may hold his value like Tom Brady, I'm guessing its a long shot. I'd trade Brandon Ingram as soon as possible. I'm sure the Wolves wish they did the same with Wiggins.

It’s pretty simple to me. Ownership gives players guaranteed contracts. They agree to pay them every penny regardless of how they perform. Does Philly get a refund on Fultz? Can they cut him and not owe him over $9 million next season?

But players feel they don’t have to uphold their end of the contract, for whatever reason. Jimmy Butler refusing to report to camp, missing all of preseason, then deciding when he would play/sit just proves players can do whatever they want, and then get rewarded.

In football, it’s different. I’m much more understanding of what Le’Veon Bell did with Pittsburgh than anything that transpires in the NBA nowadays.

What reason should Phoenix buy out Ariza? Didn’t he agree to $15M (more than any good team could possibly offer) to join them? Did he expect to contend?
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2018, 09:02:10 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

Gotta love the new NBA.

It’s pretty simple to me. Ownership gives players guaranteed contracts. They agree to pay them every penny regardless of how they perform. Does Philly get a refund on Fultz? Can they cut him and not owe him over $9 million next season?

But players feel they don’t have to uphold their end of the contract, for whatever reason. Jimmy Butler refusing to report to camp, missing all of preseason, then deciding when he would play/sit just proves players can do whatever they want, and then get rewarded.

In football, it’s different. I’m much more understanding of what Le’Veon Bell did with Pittsburgh than anything that transpires in the NBA nowadays.

What reason should Phoenix buy out Ariza? Didn’t he agree to $15M (more than any good team could possibly offer) to join them? Did he expect to contend?

The Phoenix Suns would be idiots if they bought out Trevor Ariza. He has value on the market for a lot of (wannabe) playoff teams. You take the best offer (you like) or just let him finish the season.

They already bought out Tyson Chandler, which is also stupid. Maybe he was worth a 2nd rounder to the Lakers, but most of all his expiring contract could have been used in a number of potential trades. Either by taking on bad contracts and receiving draft picks as compensation or as filler in a trade for a starting calibre point guard.

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2018, 09:24:32 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
LeBron demanding deals that will hamper the team in the long run, it is what he does.

If they're giving up KCP, they're basically swapping expiring contracts. I'd rather have Ariza - even diminished - than KCP at this point. It doesn't hurt them at all in the long run.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2018, 09:28:04 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

If they're giving up KCP, they're basically swapping expiring contracts. I'd rather have Ariza - even diminished - than KCP at this point. It doesn't hurt them at all in the long run.
This is just Phoenix letting the league know he is in the shop window.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2018, 09:48:12 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

Yep and I think KCP is a better fit on the Suns at this point than Ariza is.  Just seems like a no brainer trade for both teams (only caveat is the Suns actually get something better than KCP from somewhere else).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2018, 10:46:07 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

I read that the trade would look something like this:

LA Lakers in: Ariza + Milton
LA Lakers out: Caldwell-Pope + Lakers 1st

Phoenix Suns in: Fultz
Phoenix Suns out: Ariza

Philadelphia 76ers in: Caldwell-Pope + Lakers 1st
Philadelphia 76ers out: Fultz + Milton