Author Topic: Woj: Bucks acquire George Hill  (Read 3983 times)

Re: Woj: Bucks acquire George Hill
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2018, 06:12:06 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
The Bucks are selling a protected 1st for an upgrade in talent and $18 million in cap space, and fans think they might have overpaid?

This is a no-brainer for Milwaukee.

Absolutely. And I like this trade for both sides. But it's going to be very interesting what the Bucks are going to do with that cap space. If they're able to sign Leonard, Durant, Thompson or Butler next year it would make them instant favourites for the title I think.

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2018, 06:42:10 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
If they sign Leonard next year we're screwed.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2018, 08:02:47 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
The Bucks are selling a protected 1st for an upgrade in talent and $18 million in cap space, and fans think they might have overpaid?

Absolutely. And I like this trade for both sides. But it's going to be very interesting what the Bucks are going to do with that cap space. If they're able to sign Leonard, Durant, Thompson or Butler next year it would make them instant favourites for the title I think.
they will likely lose Bledsoe and Middleton if they end up with that sort of cap space as they have to remove the holds on ay least one if not both.  They should be able to keep Brogdon and Looez though as their holds atent that big
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2018, 09:26:52 AM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
If they sign Leonard next year we're screwed.
right!! and what if they also get AD, lebron, curry, and westbrook!! then the celtics are really screwed. a super-duper-super dynasty that will beat everyone!!!  :-[
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2018, 10:55:38 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I can't believe there's so much hand-wringing worry, paranoia and scared-Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.less comments about the Milwaukee frickin' Bucks.  C'mon.

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2018, 11:14:00 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
They got outplayed by the Warriors when Durant shot terribly and were missing Green.

People hype up Giannis, but Milwaukee isn’t a serious threat imo.

I think they can beat up on bad teams but when they face the elite, they will show they don’t really belong.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2018, 11:20:12 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
They got outplayed by the Warriors when Durant shot terribly and were missing Green.

People hype up Giannis, but Milwaukee isn’t a serious threat imo.

I think they can beat up on bad teams but when they face the elite, they will show they don’t really belong.

I'm not so sure. I see Golden State, Toronto and Boston as the favorites for the title, but what if there are injuries? I see Milwaukee with Denver (and maybe OKC, Houston, New Orleans) as dangerous outsiders.

And if Milwaukee is able to sign an All Star in free agency they're definitely legit.

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2018, 11:23:38 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
That's a great deal for MIL. It helps them re-sign Cs killer Middleton and possibly make a run for someone in FA. They are going to get better next year if they keep that core.

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2018, 11:42:42 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550

After looking at it, I don't think they are going to have enough cap space for a top FA.  Middleton's cap hold will take up most of the cap space they freed up.  Bledsoe is a free agent too. 

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2018, 11:48:11 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Not worried about super free agents choosing Milwaukee as their top place of residence next year. Durant already had his time in a small market and bolted for brighter lights.Leonard will not be going there as well.

Most super star players without local roots want established teams with a decent sized media presence. Lebron was a one in a million star who went back home to Cleveland due to local roots but even he bolted twice to bigger lights.

When is Giannis a free agent? Bet teams will be planning to free up space for that in the future as well.

George Hill does not scare me in any way. Our team when rolling will not be stopped by them.

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2018, 12:06:07 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2951
  • On To Banner 18!
The problem with MIL is that you have Giannis and Middleton... but that's it.

That's how we beat them last year (even w/o Kyrie + Hayward), we just had better depth and credit to some of our guys for playing great defense (especially Ojeyele. Idk what else he could have done against the Freak but especially in the home games I thought he did pretty well given the circumstances).

Now of course if they can add another star FA next summer (along with keeping Middleton), then that's a true Finals threat. Like I said before, I was a bit shocked they didn't do something like Middleton + Picks + Salary to acquire Leonard and try a Leonard+Giannis pairing (unstoppable!). Like most have said here, it's hard to imagine many FA's just deciding to go to MIL, so they may have to make a move or two to make it happen (a trade).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2018, 12:35:26 PM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2484
Interesting fact:

Hill can't be traded in combination with another player until February 6th; the trade deadline is February 7th

Bucks are leaving themselves with the flexibility to make a big move later this season. Hill's $2M buyout next year makes him a great potential matching asset for a trade for a star.

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2018, 01:32:59 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Interesting fact:

Hill can't be traded in combination with another player until February 6th; the trade deadline is February 7th

Bucks are leaving themselves with the flexibility to make a big move later this season. Hill's $2M buyout next year makes him a great potential matching asset for a trade for a star.

Not quite accurate.  Hill cannot have his salary aggregated with another player's salary to trade for a more expensive player.  He can be traded with other players, though.

On a more general note, I don't actually think this trade is going to have much on-court impact for Milwaukee.  Hill is okay, but seems to only do well in low pressure situations lately.  Everyone thought he was going to be a big help for the Cavs last season, and he didn't do squat for them.

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2018, 01:37:18 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
Interesting fact:

Not quite accurate.  Hill cannot have his salary aggregated with another player's salary to trade for a more expensive player.  He can be traded with other players, though.

On a more general note, I don't actually think this trade is going to have much on-court impact for Milwaukee.  Hill is okay, but seems to only do well in low pressure situations lately.  Everyone thought he was going to be a big help for the Cavs last season, and he didn't do squat for them.

The trade is a salary cap move more than anything. Hill looks like you could spread butter on him cause he's toast....

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2018, 01:40:25 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
Interesting fact:

Ty Lue is a such a terrible coach, who the hell knows if he might have actually been useful with a good coach in Cleveland. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip