Author Topic: O/T David Ortiz is a Juicer w/Link  (Read 22510 times)

Re: O/T David Ortiz is a Juicer w/Link
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2009, 12:45:46 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC
not a red sox fan but i am not  surprised. i guess if this is proved he should be gone 50 games like manny

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2009, 12:47:40 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
I HOPE TO GOD THIS ISN'T TRUE... Even though IK it is  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2009, 12:51:42 PM »

Offline huzy

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 82
  • We not Me
This is a tough pill to swallow...

Manny had his quirks and personality problems as well as blatant greed. There was always something slightly "corrupt" about his persona, which I think eased the blow slightly when he was revealed in the "Steriod saga."

Ortiz? This is tough. This guy epitomized the big loveable slugger role and was more of a mascot for the recent Red Sox teams than Wally. He represented the "changing of the guard."

Of course this isn't shocking. But, here comes the rain from the dark cloud that was already over the 2004 and 2007 World Series titles.  

Dark dark day in Red Sox history...
"      “I can make a trade every day if I want to, but that's not going to help us. A trade that would get us better rarely comes along. They're very difficult to find. Good trades are very difficult in our league and don't happen very often.”
-Danny Ainge

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2009, 12:51:52 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
What was the test? And what was it that he tested positive for?

Regardless, I could care less.

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2009, 12:55:05 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
If he gets suspended it will be a blessing...Spare Tito the indignity of benching him, and open the slot up for a trade.
Yup

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2009, 12:56:04 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
This is a tough pill to swallow...

Manny had his quirks and personality problems as well as blatant greed. There was always something slightly "corrupt" about his persona, which I think eased the blow slightly when he was revealed in the "Steriod saga."

Ortiz? This is tough. This guy epitomized the big loveable slugger role and was more of a mascot for the recent Red Sox teams than Wally. He represented the "changing of the guard."

Of course this isn't shocking. But, here comes the rain from the dark cloud that was already over the 2004 and 2007 World Series titles.  

Dark dark day in Red Sox history...

A couple of years ago I would have felt that way...Now...don't really care that much...I'm numbed to it
Yup

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2009, 12:56:14 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC
if he is suspended i would think the red sox would pursue victor martinez a bit harder

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2009, 12:58:19 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
if he is suspended i would think the red sox would pursue victor martinez a bit harder

Why would he be suspended? This is old news.

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2009, 01:03:02 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
Well, it's not suprising but it still stings. Didn't Papi say he was given all sorts of supplements back in the day and took them not knowing or caring what they were in a Herald article a few years back?
Oh, also, InBeforeNYTimesIsNotToBeTrustedBecauseItsALiberal/CommieNewsSource.

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2009, 01:03:16 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
When Sports Illustrated reported in February that Alex Rodriguez had tested positive for steroids in 2003, Ortiz said any player who tested positive should be suspended for an entire season.

Will be interested to see if he stands by that statement...

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2009, 01:05:00 PM »

Offline MrTripleDouble10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 67
While his career stats would suggest otherwise, I am actually surprised given his outspokenness towards punishment for those who test positive for steroids.

Ha sort of like Palmiero, Arod, Clemens, Bonds, Manny, etc?

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2009, 01:06:52 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
BTW......

All kinds of good stuff from ESPN's Buster Olney (Insider required and recommended).

The big news: the Red Sox and Padres talked "at length" about an Adrian Gonzalez trade Wednesday night.  Those discussions are expected to resume today; of course you can expect top prospects to be involved.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2009, 01:09:51 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385

Yeah.  Manny tested positive this year.  That's the difference.  If Ortiz just tested positive in 2003, he won't be suspended. 

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2009, 01:11:28 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669

Yeah.  Manny tested positive this year.  That's the difference.  If Ortiz just tested positive in 2003, he won't be suspended. 

This really speaks to the stupidity of Manny too... Think about it. Manny knew he tested positive, knew his name was on a list somewhere, knew they were cracking down on steroids in the years after 2003, and yet STILL tested positive? Wow.
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2009, 01:12:34 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
Ugh.  No surprise, but disappointing.

I bought autographed bats from Manny and Ortiz the year after the World Series, to supplement my Roger Clemens collection.  Solid investments, all of them.

Better make sure they are ' legit '.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10