Author Topic: Where's the excitement?  (Read 6036 times)

Re: Where's the excitement?
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2018, 07:45:05 PM »

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
A month from now no one will even remember that preseason happened.

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2018, 07:49:02 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I can't get excited until I see them play well and put in a serious effort. The 4 games in preseason were atrocious and there was no improvement from game 1 to game 4 and Kyrie alone doesn't fix those problems. I am sure it will get fixed but until it's fixed I can't show any excitement.

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2018, 07:59:40 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
The time between the last pre-season game and Game 1 has been the buzzkill for me.

We need a game!!!

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2018, 08:47:54 PM »

Offline Billybeantown

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
The Celtics are a very good team; however they don't have 'that bell cow' to overcome Philly nor Milwaukee this year. The Celtics have to find out what they are going to do with the contracts of Hayward and Irving

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2018, 09:04:01 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The Celtics are a very good team; however they don't have 'that bell cow' to overcome Philly nor Milwaukee this year. The Celtics have to find out what they are going to do with the contracts of Hayward and Irving

We whipped you last year without Irving or Hayward and their back, nice try, but you will have to do better than that.   I bet you don't trust in the Process after that, WELL DO YOU?

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2018, 09:37:48 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Now I get why your other posts are so out of touch.
Considering the C's were without it's two best players and it beat both those teams, and would've swept Philly if Morris and Terry hadn't been clanking them, I literally have no idea what you're talking about. Neither Philly nor Milwaukee are even #2 in the East, lol
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2018, 09:48:13 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
Considering the C's were without it's two best players and it beat both those teams, and would've swept Philly if Morris and Terry hadn't been clanking them, I literally have no idea what you're talking about. Neither Philly nor Milwaukee are even #2 in the East, lol

The Celtics were without their best player. The second and third best players were active.

« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2018, 09:52:52 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

The Celtics were without their best player. The second and third best players were active.
We already know how incorrect your evaluation of Hayward's ability is, no need to bring it up again
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2018, 09:53:51 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Maybe if they would have made one or two outside shots in pre-season...it was a SUCK
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2018, 10:12:00 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228

We already know how incorrect your evaluation of Hayward's ability is, no need to bring it up again

What's incorrect about it?

« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2018, 11:48:24 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
WHOOOOOOOOO!

LET THE SEASON BEGIN!!!!!

« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2018, 02:02:27 AM »

Offline AshyLarry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
  • Ashy To Classy, baby.
Not gonna lie, I got my hopes up a bit too high, regarding Hayward. That mixed with the fact that Al Horford played 91 games last year, and is about due for an injury.

Also don't forget we don't get Zion til next year- That's when things will really come together.

Otherwise, I'm quite excited for this season.

My pic is now, and will be Fab Melo until he posts his first official NBA dbl-dbl. This may be permanent.

« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2018, 02:16:17 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

It might have to do with, since last year, when the Celtics beat both
Milwaukee and Philadelphia proving they are better than both squads, that except for rookies, Milwaukee has added no one of consequence, Philly will hopefully add a Markelle Fultz that isn't mentally crippled by taking a shot and Boston will add two former All-Stars in Kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward.

« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2018, 06:27:44 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

It might have to do with, since last year, when the Celtics beat both
Milwaukee and Philadelphia proving they are better than both squads, that except for rookies, Milwaukee has added no one of consequence, Philly will hopefully add a Markelle Fultz that isn't mentally crippled by taking a shot and Boston will add two former All-Stars in Kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward.

Well MIL this has an actual coach , this is an important improvement. Won't put them above the Cs though

« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2018, 06:34:36 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Trust me, there's excitement.

Talking to family, friends and co-workers, everyone says "I can't wait to see how the Celtics do this year."

Also don't forget, the Sox are in the playoffs and the Pats seem to be back on track.

Come February when football season is over, the level of excitement will only rise.