Around the League > Transaction Ideas and Rumors

Improve the bench

(1/21) > >>

Celtics978Fan:
Two small trades and fully sign one of our two-way players would make a huge change to our team.  These three things help us this year plus in the up coming years. 

Trade One
Celtics - Luke Kornet, Svi Mykhailiuk, Two 2nd rounders
Hornets - Nick Richard

Hornets are in rebuild more with now trading Rozier so draft capital they're looking for.  Honestly if they wanted our first this year instead of two seconds I do it still.  Richard is sign for 2 more years after this, younger, better rebounder and roll to the backet player.  Plus could be in a trade next year.

Trade Two
Celtics - Two 2nd rounders
Grizzlies - John Konchar

Grizzles looking for draft capital and we get to use our TPE.  Also by doing this Konchar is signed for 3 more years after this and could be pair after this year with a player like Pritchard to bring in a more expensive player if he doesn't work out.  Konchar also gives us another 2/3 which it seems we're always going to need.

Fully sign Neemias Queta.  Yes, he's not the most refined player but when he's playing he's energetic, boards and plays defense.  Celtics sign him to a two or three year deal and he becomes a valuable backup for us.  Come playoffs the game can slow down and having a young big can come in handy specially with Horford and Porzingis needing to keep minutes down during the season.

This also gives us the ability to keep Pritchard.  Honestly I'm not a huge fan of him so I'd be willing to package him in deals but he might be worth more in the offseason. 

Who are some of your not well known players you'd like the Celtics to trade for and think they could help win. 

Birdman:
I say the Celtics will wait for buyout candidates instead of a trade

Surferdad:

--- Quote from: Birdman on January 24, 2024, 07:45:16 AM ---I say the Celtics will wait for buyout candidates instead of a trade

--- End quote ---
This.  I'd like to nab Thaddeus Young if Indy lets him go.  Experienced vet who can bolster the frontcourt where the most help is needed.

I've been critical of Luke Kornet but have to admit he has been playing better lately and apparently, he's a great lock room guy.  Don't upset the apple cart when you have the best record in the league.

liam:

--- Quote from: Birdman on January 24, 2024, 07:45:16 AM ---I say the Celtics will wait for buyout candidates instead of a trade

--- End quote ---

Since we hit the 2nd apron we can only sign a guy that made under 12 million a year, is that correct?

Phantom255x:
I'd definitely give up 2-3 second round picks for Nick Richards and fit him under the Grant TPE. Makes a lot of sense.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version