Author Topic: Pick a Player Over/Under Points Game  (Read 4575052 times)

Re: Pick a Player Over/Under Points Game
« Reply #4245 on: December 30, 2009, 07:29:33 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
Redz TPs are all caught up. Now that wasn't so bad was it?

just to give an option out there if a mod wins and is due tps, wouldnt it be easier for another mod to just hook them up?  they have the ability to give as many tps as they want anytime. 

not causing drama, just trying to simplify things and avoid posts that essentially feel like ur calling out other posters. 

again, no drama, just a thought to simplify things for the future bc im sure a mod will win again and it will mean they get their tps quick, instead of getting them slowly over a few hours.

« Reply #4246 on: December 30, 2009, 07:45:03 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

just to give an option out there if a mod wins and is due tps, wouldnt it be easier for another mod to just hook them up?  they have the ability to give as many tps as they want anytime. 

not causing drama, just trying to simplify things and avoid posts that essentially feel like ur calling out other posters. 

again, no drama, just a thought to simplify things for the future bc im sure a mod will win again and it will mean they get their tps quick, instead of getting them slowly over a few hours.
I was calling out other posters.

This is the way Redz has gotten his TPs all year. He specifically asked for people to give him TPs this time as well. Yet four different people posted after his request and didn't give him his just dues. I simply used a little Sicilian guilt to make sure he wasn't forgotten. That's all.

And look how well it worked.  ;D

« Reply #4247 on: December 30, 2009, 07:47:37 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson

This is the way Redz has gotten his TPs all year. He specifically asked for people to give him TPs this time as well. Yet four different people posted after his request and didn't give him his just dues. I simply used a little Sicilian guilt to make sure he wasn't forgotten. That's all.

i just think a mod could do it quickly and more efficiently.  four people may have posted, but u dont know if they tp'd someone earlier and the karma/one hour rule didnt allow them to tp again.  im just throwing the idea out there to make it easier and to avoid future potential drama between members.

« Reply #4248 on: December 30, 2009, 08:02:28 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

i just think a mod could do it quickly and more efficiently.  four people may have posted, but u dont know if they tp'd someone earlier and the karma/one hour rule didnt allow them to tp again.  im just throwing the idea out there to make it easier and to avoid future potential drama between members.
Where is the drama? I'm missing the issue here.

Were you or anyone else offended that I tried to make sure a deserving guy got his TP's?

« Reply #4249 on: December 30, 2009, 08:05:04 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson

Were you or anyone else offended that I tried to make sure a deserving guy got his TP's?

<sigh>  i tried to give a suggestion to make things easier and more efficient, which is what i stated 2 times. nevermind, do whatever u want

« Reply #4250 on: December 30, 2009, 08:12:10 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

<sigh>  i tried to give a suggestion to make things easier and more efficient, which is what i stated 2 times. nevermind, do whatever u want
I like the suggestion. Have no problem with the suggestion.

I was just commenting on you side remarks, that's all.

BTW am I the only one that never sees dark lord's online symbol ever lit up but see that he can post? Do I have a problem with my software? How can someone not be logged in but post?

Or are you logging in and out just to post DL and if so, why?

« Reply #4251 on: December 30, 2009, 08:15:12 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson

BTW am I the only one that never sees dark lord's online symbol ever lit up but see that he can post? Do I have a problem with my software? How can someone not be logged in but post?

no, i keep my status hidden, which any poster can do.  if i logged in and out to post, is that an issue?

« Reply #4252 on: December 30, 2009, 08:17:50 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

no, i keep my status hidden, which any poster can do.  if i logged in and out to post, is that an issue?
No, just wondering. I didn't know someone could keep their status hidden. Interesting.

« Reply #4253 on: December 30, 2009, 08:20:26 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson

No, just wondering. I didn't know someone could keep their status hidden. Interesting.

feel free to pm me with any other questions u may have

« Reply #4254 on: December 30, 2009, 08:29:14 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

Speaking for myself, I don't go back and read every previous post, especially on the game threads, and had no idea Redz had requested TP's, or I would have done so, "calling out" or not, even though like DL, I always assumed mods gave other mods their TP's ... I would venture a guess that is probably the case for the others who didn't respond similarly. All worked out and done is done ... now let's do a number on the Suns! ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #4255 on: December 30, 2009, 08:31:11 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

feel free to pm me with any other questions u may have
No that's alright. I gotta try that. Gonna have to figure that one out.

« Reply #4256 on: December 30, 2009, 09:53:16 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Wow...Jackson goes for 30, I get a +12 and the best I'll be able to do tonight is third. Incredible night for some.

« Reply #4257 on: December 31, 2009, 12:21:14 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
NEW YEAR'S EVE!

December 31, 2009

Bahku - Rasual Butler, Los Angeles Clippers: 10.1
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #4258 on: December 31, 2009, 12:42:00 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Oy...Guys the TP thing is so not a big deal.  I don't like asking other mods to give me TPs for this competition because it just seems petty to me.  Part of the joy of winning this thing on any given night is the bragging rights.  By asking for TPs from the contestants I guess I feel like each one has to admit that I am the winner for that day and they are not, but I don't expect there to be a count, and I don't check to see if I have received the full allotment or not.

DL, your plan is absolutely practical and the thought has crossed my mind. I guess I just feel like it's having to ask my wife for milk money.

Anyhow...please lets not get stressed out about the TPs or the game. 

ps - thanks for the TPs
Yup

« Reply #4259 on: December 31, 2009, 12:44:00 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
NEW YEAR'S EVE!

December 31, 2009

Bahku - Rasual Butler, Los Angeles Clippers: 10.1
MattG12 - Tony Parker, Spurs: 16.4