Author Topic: Celtics (2-1) at Heat (1-2) Round 1 Game 4 4/29/24  (Read 13670 times)

Re: Celtics (2-1) at Heat (1-2) Round 1 Game 4 4/29/24
« Reply #630 on: April 29, 2024, 10:05:14 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3205
CONTROVERSIAL STATEMENT:

I would 100% prefer Doris Burke in commentary over SVG.

Can't believe I said it, but SVG was horrific tonight.

I think a talking bird would be better than either one.

« Reply #631 on: April 29, 2024, 10:05:16 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1474
i’m more concerned that not one celtic went after bam after that deliberately dirty play. soft.

Exactly. Big part of this team's problem. Lord, they are a passive bunch.

Horford went over and pushed Bam away from Tatum. Are you guys watching the game?

no, he didn’t. al brushed bam’s shoulder running to help up tatum. bam could have taken out our best player with that intentionally dirty play; someone should have sent a message.

And he got a tech for that. We're down Zinger already, what is the realistic outcome you wanted from that situation than stupid, macho violence?

I'd like to see some macho violence myself.

i’d like to see a celtic send a message to miami that their dirty play will have consequences, especially if they try to intentionally hurt a player. doesn’t mean a punch, but how about getting in bam’s face with some words of warning if he continues to play dirty ball. some of you guys are soft.

Yeah, some of you are jumping from one extreme (passive, no response) to another (punch the guy's lights out).
Jumping right into the Miami player's face, chest to chest, with some strong  words by more than one Celtic would be much better.

When was the last finesse team with such a passive personality win the title ?

Yeah, we need an enforcer like Jokic and Jamal Murray! Oh, wait…  :laugh:
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #632 on: April 29, 2024, 10:05:53 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1696
For those of us with a tendency to cite single-game +/- as if it means anything, Jaylen Brown had a team-high +17 despite playing like absolute s*** all night. 

That's what that stat is worth.  Zilch.

« Reply #633 on: April 29, 2024, 10:05:59 PM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2443
Is Tatum's ankle OK?

He seemed to be moving well afterwards
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #634 on: April 29, 2024, 10:06:17 PM »

Online Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1612
CONTROVERSIAL STATEMENT:

LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #635 on: April 29, 2024, 10:07:26 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1016
People keep saying to just rest porzingis Game 5 on Twitter, LOL that's a foregone conclusion already, I'm just praying it's not season-ending or something like that

I’m with you on that. That sequence with KP did not look good to me. If he’s back at some point next series I’ll be very happy.

Just hoping it doesn't become another Timelord situation where he comes back and becomes pretty much ineffective

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #636 on: April 29, 2024, 10:08:18 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1502
For those of us with a tendency to cite single-game +/- as if it means anything, Jaylen Brown had a team-high +17 despite playing like absolute s*** all night. 

man you beat me to it.   The +/- here gets a lot of love.  JB played like crap all night and had the highest +/-.

JT/JB need to get back to playing well, and soon.  We can't expect DWhite to turn into Curry every night.   JT/JB need to play a lot better.  I don't understand the effort and poor play tonight.

« Reply #637 on: April 29, 2024, 10:08:37 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2558
Is Tatum's ankle OK?

I don’t see how it isn’t impacted. It turned and he was in a good deal of pain. He’ll feel it tomorrow.

« Reply #638 on: April 29, 2024, 10:08:40 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 991
CONTROVERSIAL STATEMENT:

To be fair, a talking bird would be pretty cool.

« Reply #639 on: April 29, 2024, 10:09:47 PM »

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1846
Bottom line is the Cs are in control up 3-1 and going home.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #640 on: April 29, 2024, 10:10:12 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1418
  • Let's Go Celtics!
i’m more concerned that not one celtic went after bam after that deliberately dirty play. soft.

Exactly. Big part of this team's problem. Lord, they are a passive bunch.

Horford went over and pushed Bam away from Tatum. Are you guys watching the game?

no, he didn’t. al brushed bam’s shoulder running to help up tatum. bam could have taken out our best player with that intentionally dirty play; someone should have sent a message.

And he got a tech for that. We're down Zinger already, what is the realistic outcome you wanted from that situation than stupid, macho violence?

I'd like to see some macho violence myself.

i’d like to see a celtic send a message to miami that their dirty play will have consequences, especially if they try to intentionally hurt a player. doesn’t mean a punch, but how about getting in bam’s face with some words of warning if he continues to play dirty ball. some of you guys are soft.

Yeah, some of you are jumping from one extreme (passive, no response) to another (punch the guy's lights out).
Jumping right into the Miami player's face, chest to chest, with some strong  words by more than one Celtic would be much better.

When was the last finesse team with such a passive personality win the title ?

No, no one is jumping to any extremes. We just recognize that Al - in the situation you described - got a technical foul for his behavior. If that escalates further, punishments will be more severe.

At the point of the game in question, we're up big with little time left. We're down a key player. Just be smart and move on to the next game. There's absolutely no reason to jeopardize your availability in game 5 when game 4 is in hand other than to appease a section of the fanbase that will always be miserable.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #641 on: April 29, 2024, 10:10:17 PM »

Online CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 889
  • GOT IT!!!
People keep saying to just rest porzingis Game 5 on Twitter, LOL that's a foregone conclusion already, I'm just praying it's not season-ending or something like that

I’m with you on that. That sequence with KP did not look good to me. If he’s back at some point next series I’ll be very happy.

Just hoping it doesn't become another Timelord situation where he comes back and becomes pretty much ineffective

That's now the worry, we have no idea how he is going to be, going into each game. The NBA playoffs really do lose something when all these teams keep losing impactful players due to injury.

« Reply #642 on: April 29, 2024, 10:10:42 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1016
Is Tatum's ankle OK?

I don’t see how it isn’t impacted. It turned and he was in a good deal of pain. He’ll feel it tomorrow.

Shades of 2023 Game 7.  :-X

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #643 on: April 29, 2024, 10:11:38 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2558

man you beat me to it.   The +/- here gets a lot of love.  JB played like crap all night and had the highest +/-.

JT/JB need to get back to playing well, and soon.  We can't expect DWhite to turn into Curry every night.   JT/JB need to play a lot better.  I don't understand the effort and poor play tonight.

I liked JB defensively. He’s had an ok series. A little up and down. Tonight wasn’t great offensively. And he sure missed a big shot that would have preempted some anxiety tonight.

« Reply #644 on: April 29, 2024, 10:11:51 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 235
CONTROVERSIAL STATEMENT:

We are in the dark ages of NBA commentary. It’s really bad. Reggie Miller is the worst of all imo.