Author Topic: Morris is the WEAKEST link  (Read 6456 times)

Re: Morris is the WEAKEST link
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2019, 08:36:56 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I’ve been saying for a while that Morris would probably revert back to his career norms, but it was really appreciated he was consistent for a long stretch.

He served his purpose in the starting lineup when it was dearly needed when Brown was struggling with early season injuries, Hayward off of rust, confidence, and explosiveness.

It’s been time to either start Brown or Hayward(I do like Hayward in the second unit being kind of the point forward) to give us the highest upside for winning. 

Morris can go back to serving his purpose on the bench with occasional hot nights, but I don’t think he should be a main piece of the starting offensive unit. 

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2019, 08:50:26 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Morris and rozier needed to be moved at the deadline for a good player on a tear longer contract that would have eventually be moved for Davis.

That was seasons biggest blunder.

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2019, 08:55:22 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Morris and rozier needed to be moved at the deadline for a good player on a tear longer contract that would have eventually be moved for Davis.

That was seasons biggest blunder.

Morris was balling earlier in the year and he still gets us some tough baskets when needed, but I generally agree. I know you were pushing for Vucevic, but I would have been happy with any mid-level player who could have slid into his role. Mostly I was hoping to get under the luxury tax and get a player who was signed through at least next season so that we could use him in a trade for AD.

Instead, we will likely lose Morris and Rozier, the season probably won't end as we all hoped, and we have unfortunately started the clock on the tax early. I know Wyc and co have said they will pay whatever for a contender, but having four max-level players next season plus needing to pay young guys in the future will be almost unprecedented in today's NBA.

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2019, 09:16:38 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I'd say the weakest link is the guy with the lowest FG% / eFG% on the team, yet who takes more shots per possession than Horford and Hayward.  A player who plays 23 minutes per game on the team with the 3rd best point differential in the NBA, yet who is only +19 on the season (by far the worst of any rotation player.)

Terry Rozier...  you are the weakest link.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 09:42:01 AM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2019, 09:28:01 AM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64

I'd say the weakest link is the guy with the lowest FG% / eFG% on the team, yet who takes more shots per possession than Horford and Hayward.  A player who plays 23 minutes per game on the team with the 3rd best point differential in the NBA, yet who is only +19 on the season (by far the worst of any position player.)

Terry Rozier...  you are the weakest link.

Terry is having a bad year, but he is not starting and finishing games like Morris is. Marcus Morris is a defensive liability being unathletic and is unable to make up for it with tenacity or any kind of uncanny intangibles. Noone fears him anymore and his sluggish effort has become infectious. I don't know what kind of mental hold he has over Brad, but coach better get a grip.

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2019, 09:42:54 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
It is my opinion that most of the lockerroom issues originate with Morris. He's a malcontent, always has been, always will be.

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2019, 09:49:21 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
It is my opinion that most of the lockerroom issues originate with Morris. He's a malcontent, always has been, always will be.
The “invisible “ hand of klutch? 😬

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2019, 10:39:20 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I've long felt morris didn't fit this team and stevens "ball movement" offense. his scoring tear he was on at the beginning of the season is over and his lack of team basketball is more evident now.

but I see rozier getting mentioned, why can't it be both? last night against the bulls is the exact example of why rozier will never be anything in this league.

ever since kyrie mentioned rozier's name in that interview rozier has been doing the "look what I can do" and failing miserably at team basketball.

all season the games have pretty much gone the same way - starters play well enough in the 1st, 2nd qrtr. the bench ruins everything and it carries over to the 3rd qrtr.

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2019, 10:48:44 AM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
I've long felt morris didn't fit this team and stevens "ball movement" offense. his scoring tear he was on at the beginning of the season is over and his lack of team basketball is more evident now.

but I see rozier getting mentioned, why can't it be both? last night against the bulls is the exact example of why rozier will never be anything in this league.

ever since kyrie mentioned rozier's name in that interview rozier has been doing the "look what I can do" and failing miserably at team basketball.

all season the games have pretty much gone the same way - starters play well enough in the 1st, 2nd qrtr. the bench ruins everything and it carries over to the 3rd qrtr.

My top 3 issues which have been clear far too long:

1. Morris - Poor defensive effort, low motor, and underwhelming body language

2. Brad Stephens - Bad lineups, Poor rotations, and lack of timely adjustments

3. Rozier - Bad shot selection, decision making, and overall poor performance in limited role (has played well when given the start)

« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2019, 11:01:50 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
His attitude and play have suffered lately. I'm wondering if he feels the Celtics are not interested in signing him. Maybe his agent is putting ideas in his head, who knows.

But yes his play has fallen off. His lack of team awareness, plus he's a black hole when the ball gets into his hands. He can never be accused of playing selfless basketball that's for sure.

« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2019, 11:10:55 AM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
His attitude and play have suffered lately. I'm wondering if he feels the Celtics are not interested in signing him. Maybe his agent is putting ideas in his head, who knows.

But yes his play has fallen off. His lack of team awareness, plus he's a black hole when the ball gets into his hands. He can never be accused of playing selfless basketball that's for sure.

Im not even criticizing Morris on the offensive end, because we know he is going to shoot whenever he touches the ball. Unfortunately, shooting is the only thing he does well on a basketball court. That and setting screens whenever Kyrie desires.

« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2019, 11:14:28 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106

Popovich waived Stephen Jackson who was the spurs’ starting small forward in 2014 a few days before the playoffs ... 2 months later the spurs won their 5th title.... I wonder if waiving Morris can bring similar results lol

« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2019, 07:45:03 AM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
Morris is playing PF because Stevens likes to play small ball for long stretches of games and we get killed in the paint and on the boards. We have 4 bigs and too often 2 are always hurt...Horford, Baynes, Theis and Williams.

I hate small ball. It makes you less physical and then they turn into a jump shooting team and never set any physical tone in the game. It's good when your shots are falling but it doesn't help when the other team doesn't care, they just pound you.

Im going to keep stating this until dinosaur dud Morris is at the end of the Celtics bench. I was actually happy for a second when he was fake knocked out last night.

« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2019, 11:07:30 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
Will we ever win again? With Morris in the starting lineup, unlikely.

« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2019, 11:09:45 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
morris is a role player, which is all this coach can handle.

and all we do is feature this scrub...