Author Topic: Is Isaiah Thomas ever going to play in NBA again?  (Read 13930 times)

Re: Is Isaiah Thomas ever going to play in NBA again?
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2019, 12:32:33 PM »

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 16
Season is now halfway over and he has not even started regular practices. If he doesn't get some burn this year it is hard to imagine him getting another contract in the offseason. Really feel bad for the guy. On the plus side it seems like he has been a strong leader in the lockerroom for Denver.

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/12/02/isaiah-thomas-anticipates-nuggets-return/

I genuinely hope so. I have a lot of time for IT. He's the type of player you want to have on your team, loyal and gives his all when he's there. Unfortunately he learned the hard way about the transactional nature of professional sport, and that while players are quickly accused of being disloyal to a team if they want to move, when teams move a loyal player for someone better/different it's just business.

And to top it off you have people laughing at him/mocking him for his misfortune because he dared to voice out what he wanted for himself.

After what happened to him I can't blame any player, whether it was LeBum, or AD, or KD, for wanting to move somewhere before they decline and get moved. Gotta look out for yourself as nobody will look out for you, in the NBA as in real life.

Exactly my thoughts...how any Celtic fan can make fun of IT injury is beyond me. Players should focus on themselves first just like the team does. Who cares about loyalty to a city or organization.

« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2019, 09:44:02 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Looks like IT may debut tomorrow against the Kings.  His decision which he will make sort of as a game time decision.  He is officially listed as questionable.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2019, 01:17:44 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361
I hope he has a great debut! He deserves some luck. I hope they don't just bring him on for garbage time.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2019, 01:26:35 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Looks like IT may debut tomorrow against the Kings.  His decision which he will make sort of as a game time decision.  He is officially listed as questionable.

good for him! ball out big man!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2019, 03:28:07 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
It would be so great to see him pouring in 20 regularly off the bench.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2019, 03:53:12 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
If everything goes as planned and we trade for Davis this offseason, I'd love to get Thomas back on a mid level exception if he can prove his health. Stevens has proven that he is the best coach to hide Thomas' deficiencies.

« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2019, 04:29:00 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
If everything goes as planned and we trade for Davis this offseason, I'd love to get Thomas back on a mid level exception if he can prove his health. Stevens has proven that he is the best coach to hide Thomas' deficiencies.

Not really. Isaiah is still a liability on defense because of his height.

« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2019, 04:42:28 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310

The last sample size was as a starter, I am talking about as a 6th or 7th man...hopefully next to Smart. He could be a better version of Eddie House on the 08 team, he's close with the guys on the team and he would restore Ainge's reputation after the Irving trade incident.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 06:05:02 AM by slightly biased bias fan »

« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2019, 01:47:14 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
IT is active tonight against his old team the Kings.  Really happy for him, wish him the best.  And am glad he's part of a really good team.

« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2019, 02:15:43 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
30 years old.  Bad hip.  Nearly two years on the shelf.  It won't be easy for him to return to form but after what he did in Boston, especially 2016-17, I am not going to doubt him.

28.9 pts/gm on 19.4 shots per game, that is really amazing efficiency for a volume scorer/go to guy.

« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2019, 02:19:15 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
If the Celtics can't make the finals, my next choice would be for IT to hit a game 7 game winner against either the Bucks or Toronto.  However, I think Denver has no chance. 

« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2019, 02:34:01 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361

Maybe we get IT back if Kyrie leaves  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2019, 02:47:47 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

He’s taller when he plays for Stevens.

« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2019, 02:56:38 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
If the Celtics can't make the finals, my next choice would be for IT to hit a game 7 game winner against either the Bucks or Toronto.  However, I think Denver has no chance.

Don't even think Denver would even get out of the West...
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2019, 03:04:51 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
30 years old.  Bad hip.  Nearly two years on the shelf.  It won't be easy for him to return to form but after what he did in Boston, especially 2016-17, I am not going to doubt him.

28.9 pts/gm on 19.4 shots per game, that is really amazing efficiency for a volume scorer/go to guy.

I think his heart and talent can get him back to being an impact player. Maybe not the 2017 campaign level, because that was a truly legendary season. But I wouldn’t rule out being a 20ppg scorer again if given the playing time.

Look at Rose in MIN after all his injuries. And Rose relied more on athleticism than IT, who is definitely more talented.
CELTICS 2024