Author Topic: Williams NBEinstein Video Breakdowns  (Read 3539 times)

Williams NBEinstein Video Breakdowns
« on: June 25, 2018, 03:40:30 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
NBEinstein videos assessing Wllliams.  Gets high marks for defense, passing and inside scoring but needs to work on fundamentals.  Jump shooting needs a lot of work as expected. 

Defense
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcLjyVxqAFw

Passing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3lkXv3jLjk

Inside Scoring
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoFXJ2IBsgs

Jump shooting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNDFL7fXfEc 

Re: Williams NBEinstein Video Breakdowns
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 04:49:08 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
GREAT STUFF--TP VERY PROFESSIONAL
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 05:04:13 AM by rollie mass »

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 06:37:22 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I reckon under Brad and our other coaches helping his defensive positioning and perimeter defence fundamentals he could be an absolute monster, considering how much we switch
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 08:28:48 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Tp for this. Excellent.

He gets so high on alley oops. Top of box.

Able to block a lot of jump shooters, covers a lot of real estate. Will be useful closing out vs corner 3’s.

Shooting mechanics atrocious.

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 09:09:11 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Glad to see passing is a strong suit for him. That fits Brad's system and I hope Horford can mentor him in that area.  The shot is not really a priority right now, IMO.

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 09:57:58 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
TP for the thread and the videos. At first, I honestly thought that there had been some kind of typo in terms of the title, haha, but what a great channel :).

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2018, 10:23:08 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Glad to see passing is a strong suit for him. That fits Brad's system and I hope Horford can mentor him in that area.  The shot is not really a priority right now, IMO.
I agree the shot can wait.  If they can take his raw strengths and improve his fundamentals, I think he can make a positive contribution next season.  I think his coaching so far hasn't been top notch and I don't think it will take too long to see significant improvement. 

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2018, 11:20:30 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Tp for this. Excellent.

Able to block a lot of jump shooters, covers a lot of real estate. Will be useful closing out vs corner 3’s.

His predraft workouts show he has worked on his stroke quite a bit. We'll see if he can convert that to NBA success. He flashed a jumper in college so I wouldnt say he's totally hopeless there..

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2018, 11:25:48 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Tp for this. Excellent.

His predraft workouts show he has worked on his stroke quite a bit. We'll see if he can convert that to NBA success. He flashed a jumper in college so I wouldnt say he's totally hopeless there..

If the Celtics can turn Baynes into a 3 point shooter, they can do it with Williams too

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2018, 11:34:13 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Tp for this. Excellent.

If the Celtics can turn Baynes into a 3 point shooter, they can do it with Williams too

Williams needs to develop a shot with consistent mechanics. His release point seems to change and his feet are always in different positions, toes pointed in different directions etc. A shooting coach could do wonders with this guy and make him at least decent. When he's square up and releases the shot at the right point it doesn't look horrid, just bad...

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2018, 12:48:13 AM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Tp for this. Excellent.

Williams needs to develop a shot with consistent mechanics. His release point seems to change and his feet are always in different positions, toes pointed in different directions etc. A shooting coach could do wonders with this guy and make him at least decent. When he's square up and releases the shot at the right point it doesn't look horrid, just bad...

I get the sense he's a bit undercoached, as if he never has had serious, one-on-one coaching intensively

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2018, 01:27:21 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Tp for this. Excellent.

I get the sense he's a bit undercoached, as if he never has had serious, one-on-one coaching intensively

It does look that way. He looks like he's playing in a YMCA pickup game. He didn't have good structure on either end.

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2018, 03:34:40 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Under coached and a very poor team with a useless point guard and a center clogging the middle

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2018, 04:10:35 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Under coached and a very poor team with a useless point guard and a center clogging the middle

What’s great if he is paired with any of our other bigs on the floor they can all shoot to give him space down low. 

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2018, 04:21:08 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Tp for this. Excellent.

It does look that way. He looks like he's playing in a YMCA pickup game. He didn't have good structure on either end.

Apparently they almost never used him in the pick and roll as a roll man. Like less than 10 times for the whole year. Really looking forward to seeing Kyrie run the pick and roll with Williams as the roll man and our shooters  on the wing. Choose your poison, defense...