Author Topic: Pick a Player Over/Under Points Game  (Read 4576459 times)

Re: Pick a Player Over/Under Points Game
« Reply #1950 on: March 25, 2009, 11:16:22 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
MattG12 - Keyon Dooling, Nets: 9.4
johnnyrondo- Monta Ellis, GSW: 16.9
ACF - Rajon Rondo, Celtics: 11.9
Roy Hobbs - Carlos Boozer, Jazz: 16.5
Quinn - Hedo Turkoglu, Magic 16.9
Farringa - Dirk Nowitzki, Mavericks: 25.5
Edgar-Stephon Marbury, Celtics,3.0
CW35 - Zach Randolph, Clippers: 21.0
truck lewis - deron williams, jazz: 18.8
Kwhit10 - Corey Brewer, Jazz: 13.9
shiggins - Nate Robinson, Knicks, 18.4
Redz - Quentin Richardson, Knicks: 10.1

Is David lee playing?
Is duhon Playing?
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #1951 on: March 25, 2009, 11:17:38 AM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
Ellis is 17.3 now, by the way.... gotta remember that if you're picking a player the night before, and they played that night, their averages will be updated the next day.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #1952 on: March 25, 2009, 11:26:03 AM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • The good ole days.
johnnyrondo- Monta Ellis, GSW: 17.3
Big Ticket - Gerald Wallace, Bobcats: 16.7

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #1953 on: March 25, 2009, 12:00:31 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
celticmaestro - Baron Davis, Clippers: 15.4

« Reply #1954 on: March 25, 2009, 12:04:19 PM »

Offline eat ur wheaties

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 19
celticmaestro - Baron Davis, Clippers: 15.4
eat ur wheaties - Jason Kidd, Mavs: 9.2

« Reply #1955 on: March 25, 2009, 12:25:37 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3768
  • Yup
I know I wanted to keep this thing simple, but the numbers of participants keep sneaking up (16 or 17 on many nights now).  Finishing 2nd is no small feat any more.

Any thoughts on giving 2/3 of the total in TPs to the winner and 1/3 to the runner up if there are 12 or more players on a given night? 

One other idea.  The player who has the worst score from a player who was not a DNP gets one lemon law sympathy TP.
Yup

« Reply #1956 on: March 25, 2009, 12:29:51 PM »

Offline shiggins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 147
I know I wanted to keep this thing simple, but the numbers of participants keep sneaking up (16 or 17 on many nights now).  Finishing 2nd is no small feat any more.

Any thoughts on giving 2/3 of the total in TPs to the winner and 1/3 to the runner up if there are 12 or more players on a given night? 

One other idea.  The player who has the worst score from a player who was not a DNP gets one lemon law sympathy TP.

aww this idea is brought up the day after i finish 2nd :'(

« Reply #1957 on: March 25, 2009, 12:31:16 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

timing's everything my friend!

TP for whining  ;D
Yup

« Reply #1958 on: March 25, 2009, 12:33:26 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • The good ole days.

Both ideas sound good to me. 

Another thing I thought of, but am not going to argue to implement, is utilizing the "Under" part of the game... picking a player to drop the biggest doody on a night (would probably need a stipulation like, they have to play and they have to be at least 24 MPG players or something).

« Reply #1959 on: March 25, 2009, 12:34:57 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

Both ideas sound good to me. 

Another thing I thought of, but am not going to argue to implement, is utilizing the "Under" part of the game... picking a player to drop the biggest doody on a night.

True.  I guess it takes as much thought, provided the guy actually plays in the game. 

(you said DOODY  ;D )

Yup

« Reply #1960 on: March 25, 2009, 12:41:22 PM »

Offline shiggins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 147

TP for whining  ;D

squeaky wheel gets the grease ;D

The under might be interesting but it seems a little easier, since you probably only have to pick a player whose coming off an injury and will get limited minutes or something...

« Reply #1961 on: March 25, 2009, 12:51:03 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • The good ole days.

TP for whining  ;D

The under might be interesting but it seems a little easier, since you probably only have to pick a player whose coming off an injury and will get limited minutes or something...

Yeah, those are the types of factors I meant when I said there would need to be some stipulations.  Maybe a "5 games back from any serious injury" clause... or must play at least 24 minutes in the game you picked rule or something...

« Reply #1962 on: March 25, 2009, 02:44:52 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

TP for whining  ;D

Yeah, those are the types of factors I meant when I said there would need to be some stipulations.  Maybe a "5 games back from any serious injury" clause... or must play at least 24 minutes in the game you picked rule or something...
yes but be honest...who needs one misery tp (sarcastic)
we all come here to win
so i like the one lemon tpis
i usually stink but beleive me in my twisted mind i think i will win this
I like all new proposed rules 2/3  and 1/3 and consolation tp
when there are more than 10 players
because on weekends we are ussually less
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #1963 on: March 25, 2009, 04:03:18 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Seems like the changes won't cause an uprising.  Here are the amended rules:

Rules of this game:

1) Pick a player who has played in at least 10 games this season

2) Post said player along with your name, the players team, the players average (according to ESPN.com and ONLY ESPN.com)...like such:  Joe Blow, Bobcats: 10.5

3) Picks are due by tipoff of the days first game (late picks will not count, regardless of whether the game involved is after the deadline or not)

4) If you pick a player from that night's Celtics opponent's roster for you must put your pick in pink font, like such:  Joe Blow, Bobcats: 10.5

4-L) Lakers picks will labeled in purple and gold to display your obvious love for the enemy...like so:  Kobe Poopyhead, Fakers (or other derogatory name) etc..

5) You may change your pick at any time prior to the daily deadline but in such case you must also put your pick in pink font...If the player you have switched is a Celtics opponent as well maybe you can put it in bold too  ;)

6) The player who scores the most points over his average wins the game for the person who selected him.  The winner is awarded an amount of Tommy Points equal to that days participants (by a Moderator) for that days game.  If there are more than 12 participants the winnings will rounded up to 2/3 for 1st place and 1/3 for 2nd place.  We will only carry the averages 1 decimal, so there is the potential of a tie.  Both participants will receive full amounts of TPs in case of tie.

7) 1 Tommy Point will also be awarded for the participant who's player has the worst score without recording a DNP

8) Anyone can start a new game for any day that there are games on the NBA schedule.  Picks may be submitted no sooner than midnight Boston time for that days games. As long as there are a minimum of 2 participants - it's GAME ON!

Sorry redz I change a TP for a DNP in No.7

gracias edgar
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 05:09:35 PM by Redz »
Yup

« Reply #1964 on: March 25, 2009, 04:39:19 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
So with the new rules can I still post for today?