Author Topic: Bathroom Etiquette  (Read 24660 times)

Re: Bathroom Etiquette
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2009, 03:14:23 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I had a situation that everybody fears at a sox game this year.  I was minding my business inbetween innings.  Then the guy next to me turns and says to me, "Nice Dick"  I didnt know what to do, I was stunned. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2009, 03:46:54 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
TP for posting what amounted to almost two pages when transferred into a word document and double spaced.  You might want to consider submitting that as an op ed piece to the new york times.

You know, its funny, I never learn.  Everyday I come on to Celticsblogs and, though I shouldn't be, I find myself surprised by a subject being discussed here.  You think I would have adapted by now to knowing that you can never know what to expect from Celticsblog.

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2009, 03:59:21 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
As my name would indicate, I could write volumes about public restroom facilities and the myriad reasons for my discomfort in them.  I won't go there other than to say thay the critical components of bathroom etiquette should always begin with these words:  Flush and Wash (and do both thoroughly).

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2009, 04:03:34 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Having been raised on using the troughs at Fenway Park to pee in, I was confused years ago when I went to take a leak at a Patriots game at Rich Stadium in Buffalo.  They had these circular sinks with several faucets around them.  I thought they were troughs, and unlike the other places in the Men's room there were no lines.  So, I unzipped and whizzed away.  When I was done a random Buffalo fan with a big smile on his face said, "Dude, you just peed in the sink." and gave me a high five.  One of my finer moments of spontaneous male bonding.  Yessiree, I impressed someone by peeing in a sink. 

You had to love that he was totally willing to give my unwashed hand a high five.

As I said, one of my finer moments.  :D

« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 04:15:08 PM by Redz »
Yup

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2009, 04:05:10 PM »

Offline wil

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 88
Having been raised on using the troughs at Fenway Park to pee in, I was confused years ago when I went to take a leak at a Patriots game at Rich Stadium in Buffalo.  They has these circular sinks with several faucets around them.  I thought they were troughs, and unlike the other places in the Men's room their were no lines.  So, I unzipped and whizzed away.  When I was done a random Buffalo with a big smile on his face said, "Dude, you just peed in the sink." and gave me a high five.  One of my finer moments of spontaneous male bonding.  Yessiree, I impressed someone by peeing in a sink. 

You had to love that he was totally willing to give my unwashed hand a high five.

If that doesn't deserve a TP i don't know what does. 

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2009, 04:10:57 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
Having been raised on using the troughs at Fenway Park to pee in, I was confused years ago when I went to take a leak at a Patriots game at Rich Stadium in Buffalo.  They has these circular sinks with several faucets around them.  I thought they were troughs, and unlike the other places in the Men's room their were no lines.  So, I unzipped and whizzed away.  When I was done a random Buffalo with a big smile on his face said, "Dude, you just peed in the sink." and gave me a high five.  One of my finer moments of spontaneous male bonding.  Yessiree, I impressed someone by peeing in a sink. 

Dude, it's Buffalo.

You weren't the first :D

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2009, 04:13:45 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Yup

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2009, 04:25:03 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
This is my first post in a looong time, but this one hits close to home:

Don't text or talk on your phone in the bathroom.  First, it is gross.  Second, the bathroom is not a social place.  Do your nasty little business and get out.  The worst is when you have to drop #2 and someone is in there texting.  This is not your home bathroom, you do not relax here and kick your feet up.  Everyone has to share.  Get in, get it out, then get yourself out.

The same goes for reading material.  I saw someone I work with bring several folders, pens and a notebook into a stall.  It's not a backup office!

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2009, 05:57:39 PM »

Offline scurvmeister

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 30
What do you guys think about people who use stalls for #1 and leave the door open? One could argue that at the point the toilet is functionally equivalent to a urinal, which don't have doors...

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2009, 06:29:27 PM »

Offline Hoops

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 5
This is my first post in a looong time, but this one hits close to home:

Don't text or talk on your phone in the bathroom.  First, it is gross.  Second, the bathroom is not a social place.  Do your nasty little business and get out.  The worst is when you have to drop #2 and someone is in there texting.  This is not your home bathroom, you do not relax here and kick your feet up.  Everyone has to share.  Get in, get it out, then get yourself out.

The same goes for reading material.  I saw someone I work with bring several folders, pens and a notebook into a stall.  It's not a backup office!

I may be naive, but I've never understood bringing reading material into a stall - or a home bathroom for that matter. For me, the bathroom is the last place in the world I'd want to lounge around and do some reading. Bathrooms stink and they smell bad. And they're not cozy.

I wait until my body tells me it's time to take care of #2 - that way, I walk in, do my business quickly and efficiently and then get out as soon as possible.

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2009, 06:31:14 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
As a recent college grad, I for one can say that I got most of my reading for classes done while dropping a 12-6
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2009, 06:50:38 PM »

Offline Hoops

• Jayson Tatum
As a recent college grad, I for one can say that I got most of my reading for classes done while dropping a 12-6

...uh...what is a "12-6"?

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2009, 06:52:57 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
A type of curveball aka by pitching standards a "deuce"

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2009, 07:11:00 PM »

Offline Hoops

• Jayson Tatum
A type of curveball aka by pitching standards a "deuce"
As I've demonstrated, I'm not much of a baseball guy. Thanks for the education.

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2009, 07:12:09 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Great way to get the point across that you are taking a dump infront of females without them getting the idea!