Author Topic: NBA League Pass question  (Read 1770 times)

NBA League Pass question
« on: June 27, 2020, 11:29:43 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I paid for the League Pass for the year.  X number of games got cancelled and now there will be 8 "seeding" games all on regular TV.  So the "League Pass" is not needed at all to view the rest of the season.  Correct?  Does anyone know if there's going to be some kind of a refund?

Re: NBA League Pass question
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 12:04:37 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
I was also wondering about this. I was bracing myself for Comcast to try to charge me to 'renew' league pass to see the restart games.

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 05:16:08 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I paid for the League Pass for the year.  X number of games got cancelled and now there will be 8 "seeding" games all on regular TV.  So the "League Pass" is not needed at all to view the rest of the season.  Correct?  Does anyone know if there's going to be some kind of a refund?

Don't hold your breath. Pretty sure the small print allows them not to refund us anything. 

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2020, 08:59:09 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
I just reviewed the info on the League Pass website and found nothing so I submitted the question to them.

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2020, 01:50:23 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
I just reviewed the info on the League Pass website and found nothing so I submitted the question to them.

Cool. Let us know if you hear something

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2020, 12:00:45 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
Good news, here's the reply -

"We have gone ahead and processed a 15% refund for your Boston Celtics Team Pass subscription. Please allow 3-5 business days for the refund to be returned to your account."

Not sure why I had to ask or what "returned to your account" means but at least I get something.  I think the 15% is more than fair and maybe its a credit for next year, which I plan on getting again.   I've done this for several years now (I live in Michigan) and its perfect for me.  My only complaint is around 8pm EST the video starts to buffer from all the traffic.  My internet speed is well over 300 so I know its not me, its the NBA's issue and I've complained about if for years.

I have Comcast but the year I got the League Pass thru Comcast I found out that all the games except 1 are in SD, not HD.  So I use my computer monitor, sit in the den and don't bother the wife.  Works good for me.

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2020, 01:06:52 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis

TP for the Intel.  And I thought they would blow us off.

I have a related question:  If the remaining games are on TNT and/or ESPN and/or ABC, and I am about to cut my cable services so I only have online content, will I be unable to watch any of the remaining games online through a streaming service??

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2020, 01:22:04 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I have a related question:  If the remaining games are on TNT and/or ESPN and/or ABC, and I am about to cut my cable services so I only have online content, will I be unable to watch any of the remaining games online through a streaming service??

There are streaming services that will allow you to watch those stations.  We are considering the same decision, and will likely go to Hulu Live.  YouTube TV and Sling are both options as well, I think.

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2020, 01:22:11 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Good news, here's the reply -

"We have gone ahead and processed a 15% refund for your Boston Celtics Team Pass subscription. Please allow 3-5 business days for the refund to be returned to your account."

Not sure why I had to ask or what "returned to your account" means but at least I get something.  I think the 15% is more than fair and maybe its a credit for next year, which I plan on getting again.   I've done this for several years now (I live in Michigan) and its perfect for me.  My only complaint is around 8pm EST the video starts to buffer from all the traffic.  My internet speed is well over 300 so I know its not me, its the NBA's issue and I've complained about if for years.

I have Comcast but the year I got the League Pass thru Comcast I found out that all the games except 1 are in SD, not HD.  So I use my computer monitor, sit in the den and don't bother the wife.  Works good for me.

Nice to hear, TP for the info

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2020, 01:24:06 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis

There are streaming services that will allow you to watch those stations.  We are considering the same decision, and will likely go to Hulu Live.  YouTube TV and Sling are both options as well, I think.

Thanks, saltlover, TP to you bro.