Author Topic: Pistons (15-26) at Celtics (31-9) 1/19  (Read 41937 times)

Re: Pistons (15-26) at Celtics (31-9) 1/19
« Reply #255 on: January 20, 2011, 04:14:35 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Well, it was an ugly game for 3 1/2 quarters, then the Celtics decided to start playing defense, and that's what they won it with. Great stuff in the closing minutes, and while Detroit had it's chances, the C's defense, a Big Baby free-throw, and a sweet jumper by Ray iced it.

We should be blowing these teams out, especially at home, but we'll take the win. We keep finding ways to win close games, and that to me is the biggest difference from last year, when we would lose many of those tight games. Still single-digits in the loss-column ... not bad. Go Celtics!!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #256 on: January 20, 2011, 02:27:17 PM »

Offline Overrated

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 218
Great finish last night.

I saw Cedrix Maxwell on the green line train after the game, but no one else seemed to recognize him or care! Why he's taking the train and not a lavish vehicle is beyond me, but it was a cool sighting  8)

« Reply #257 on: January 20, 2011, 04:39:40 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1673
A few comments on the game:

- I'd like to see them go to Von Wafer more often when he's in the game, especially when they're struggling for points.  For all of the talk about how he "assumed the role of primary scorer on the second unit" in practices (I think Ray said it), it almost seems like they avoid giving him the ball at times.  Paul Pierce, in particular, seems to avoid passing to Von even when he's wide open.

- I love seeing Shaq playing like this.  He's really bought into his role, and seeing the energy that he brought to the team last night was refreshing - they aren't in that game without him.

- Why the heck did Kuester put Ben Gordon back on the bench down the stretch?  He was hitting shots, and he's burned the Celtics with clutch shots in the past.  In my opinion, either Stuckey or McGrady needs to stay on the bench in favor of Gordon in the fourth quarter last night.