Author Topic: Ainge On Trades: “I Don’t Really See Much Out There. “  (Read 3739 times)

Ainge On Trades: “I Don’t Really See Much Out There. “
« on: January 03, 2019, 07:11:39 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
“We’re always looking to upgrade our team if those opportunities present themselves. But I think that’s going to be tough,” Ainge said. “As far as trading players, I don’t really see much out there. We have a lot of good ones. It’s hard to get better players than we have.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/what-celtics-nba-trade-deadline-plan-danny-ainge-offers-insight

Re: Ainge On Trades: “I Don’t Really See Much Out There. “
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 07:18:14 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I agree with him.  If the goal is to upgrade the team, what's actually out there, especially since we can't attempt to pair Davis with Kyrie until next season?

I'd like to see us get a veteran for the 15th spot on the roster (Vince Carter?), and I wouldn't mind trading Rozier if somebody could help us more now (J.J. Barea?), but overall our best move is to gel further and improve chemistry.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 07:51:27 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
DA is def telling the truth.  We have great players.  We have a lot of players other teams would want.  There probably aren't a lot of teams willing to let go of the guys that would be an upgrade for us.

That said, you never know what might shake out.  Rozier seems about the only person with any chance to be moved, and he is probably worth more to us this year as insurance.

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 08:02:26 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
DA is def telling the truth.  We have great players.  We have a lot of players other teams would want.  There probably aren't a lot of teams willing to let go of the guys that would be an upgrade for us.

That said, you never know what might shake out.  Rozier seems about the only person with any chance to be moved, and he is probably worth more to us this year as insurance.

I also agree that Ainge has done a great job in assembling this group and that it is up to Stevens to get the best out of it.

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 08:04:40 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
Danny is probably right that there is not much out there but we need some size.  We could benefit by trading some of our talent for a talented big.  I am not suggesting that we trade for the sake of trading but I don't buy that we have enough talent.  We can get better.

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 08:18:05 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Danny is probably right that there is not much out there but we need some size.  We could benefit by trading some of our talent for a talented big.  I am not suggesting that we trade for the sake of trading but I don't buy that we have enough talent.  We can get better.
Do we need size if we are healthy? No one complained about size when Horford, Theis, Baynes and Williams were healthy. People were actually complaining that Williams wasn't getting enough minutes.

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 08:23:12 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
Yeah, we're NOT making a trade IMO, but I hope someone like Dedmon gets bought out and then we could nab him with an exception.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2019, 08:30:38 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Do we need size if we are healthy? No one complained about size when Horford, Theis, Baynes and Williams were healthy. People were actually complaining that Williams wasn't getting enough minutes.

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2019, 09:18:58 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
oh oh...Ainge is getting ready to deal!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2019, 09:23:21 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Tomorrow’s morning headline: “Cs deal for superstar in lopsided deal for Boston”

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2019, 09:29:23 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
Yeah, we're NOT making a trade IMO, but I hope someone like Dedmon gets bought out and then we could nab him with an exception.
If Dedmon gets bought out, I seriously doubt he'd choose us.  We don't have the playing time for him and his main goal will be to put himself in the best position for free agency. 

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2019, 09:30:21 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
No we don't.  Williams needs all the available minutes for his development. 

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2019, 10:27:27 PM »

Offline 10610786d

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 27
That's code for "half the team will get traded", knowing Danny  ::) ::) ::)

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2019, 10:42:31 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
That's code for "half the team will get traded", knowing Danny  ::) ::) ::)

not this time

he won't do anything

he wants to see the river card

Needs to keep Rozier in case Irving becomes injured like last season...

IF this team can't at least get to the ECF.... then something interesting will happen thereafter

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2019, 10:48:48 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Tomorrow’s morning headline: “Cs deal for superstar in lopsided deal for Boston”

Alright which six players are going to be in a blockbuster package for Anthony Davis

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)