Author Topic: It's much harder to coach with a talented team....agree or disagree?  (Read 1559 times)

Re: It's much harder to coach with a talented team....agree or disagree?
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2019, 01:24:52 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Let's see.  Great ownership and great GM that fully supports you.  Deep talented team with a good mix of veterans and young talent and which relatively speaking doesn't have difficult personalities to deal with.  I'm sure the other coaches are saying I've got a difficult job but I'm sure glad I'm not in Coach Stevens situation.
Lol...yeah, TP. I am sure there are head coaches across the NBA and NCAA that wish they had all the difficulties Stevens has in having to coach this ridiculously talented club.

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2019, 01:27:59 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Been saying this since the beginning and will keep saying it.  We would be a significantly better team if we could switch out two players for shooters that aren’t completely useless on defense; rozier and brown.

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2019, 01:30:35 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Been saying this since the beginning and will keep saying it.  We would be a significantly better team if we could switch out two players for shooters that aren’t completely useless on defense; rozier and brown.
I think Rozier is the big one. JB has too much potential, and now that he is (seemingly) healthy his touch has been better.

If we had JJ Barea or Fred VanVleet instead of TRoz I would think we'd be a really strong team right now.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2019, 01:41:21 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I think Rozier is the big one. JB has too much potential, and now that he is (seemingly) healthy his touch has been better.

If we had JJ Barea or Fred VanVleet instead of TRoz I would think we'd be a really strong team right now.
I think we would be a better team since I like those players better than Rozier, but Rozier isn't the reason we struggled so much this year. So yeah, adding in a better player for Rozier makes this team better, that player would still only be 8th and sometimes 9th on the depth chart and Boston would probably have their same current record.

Brown has obviously turned things around. He needs to stay on this team. So far in their careers when both Tatum and Brown are playing at their best, because of his defense, Brown has been the better player. Tatum has a higher ceiling, of course, and is younger but since being Celtics, Brown has shown he can take it up to a notch that Tatum hasn't demonstrated he can reach yet.

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2019, 03:16:40 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Rozier is one of the problems, but he isn't the only one. And I still think he deserves some benefit of the doubt and chances to make it right.

Im not a huge Rozier fan, I dislike his defense and his ballhogging, but its early in the season, he may yet improve and help the team.