Author Topic: How much longer do we need to give hayward?  (Read 13525 times)

Re: How much longer do we need to give hayward?
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2018, 08:50:03 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
The good news is the League will still probably see Hayward get back to being good again at some point...

The bad news is it may take him waaay too long to get there that by the time he does, he only has a year left in his Celtic deal in which case the Cs paid the man 3O million to be what Gerald Green is to Houston.

I lean more towards this take... Although, Hayward is not young.  People forget Paul George was 24 When he had a similar injury.  Hayward will be turning 29 in March.  His closest NBA comp -Wally Szczerbiak - became a role player at 29 and was out of the league at 31.  It would not surprise me to see Hayward have a couple more good years, but it also wouldn't surprise me if he continued to decline.

Comebacks for guys past their athletic peaks who've endured career threatening injuries are about 50/50.   

« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2018, 09:42:06 AM »

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
I think we can put the Paul George comparisons to bed at this point. Clearly it wasn't a realistic comp to go by.

« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2018, 09:58:25 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 365
I still think it has to do with number of shots. I mean when you are taking 6 shots a game it is going to be hard to get going. But we need more than 6 shots a game from hayward.

But when he is out there with Rozier/brown it seems like Rozier/brown want to be the #1/#2 option and hayward just kind of sits back.

I kind of feel that trading Rozier will have a net positive effect in that it will open up shots/minutes for Brown/Hayward.

« Reply #78 on: December 29, 2018, 10:56:01 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Yeah, I think bringing up Rozier is a good point here.

The Celts would benefit from exchanging Rozier for a more well rounded point guard who can actually get other people involved.

Also, btw, Gordon Hayward is attempting 9 shots per game
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2018, 11:16:25 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I still think it has to do with number of shots. I mean when you are taking 6 shots a game it is going to be hard to get going. But we need more than 6 shots a game from hayward.

But when he is out there with Rozier/brown it seems like Rozier/brown want to be the #1/#2 option and hayward just kind of sits back.

I kind of feel that trading Rozier will have a net positive effect in that it will open up shots/minutes for Brown/Hayward.

yup ..you are getting to the nitty gritty of the matter

...i want Hayward with the ball in his hands , in his spots taking HIS shots .....NOT Rozier .  Rozier is suppose to create looks for Hayward and Brown.   Instead he is pumping up bricks with long rebounds off the rim ....giving the other team instant fast breaks and easy offense.   Rozier shots are always ONE and DONE ....bonging way off the rim into fast break points.

We paid Hayward to SHOOT the ball , he is tall and can get his shot ....IF the guards set him up or help a little.  Rozier awful initiating any offense other than for himself.

if. I was Hayward ....i'd be more vocal and demand the ball....its my job ! .i would be on the guards case about getting the ball.  Hayward is a scorer.....they are killing his game.

« Reply #80 on: December 29, 2018, 11:47:47 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

yup ..you are getting to the nitty gritty of the matter

...i want Hayward with the ball in his hands , in his spots taking HIS shots .....NOT Rozier .  Rozier is suppose to create looks for Hayward and Brown.   Instead he is pumping up bricks with long rebounds off the rim ....giving the other team instant fast breaks and easy offense.   Rozier shots are always ONE and DONE ....bonging way off the rim into fast break points.

We paid Hayward to SHOOT the ball , he is tall and can get his shot ....IF the guards set him up or help a little.  Rozier awful initiating any offense other than for himself.

if. I was Hayward ....i'd be more vocal and demand the ball....its my job ! .i would be on the guards case about getting the ball.  Hayward is a scorer.....they are killing his game.
WELL.. the funny thing is Rozier complaint about his playing time and Brown complaint about his bench role, what do you think will happen if G take away their shots too?

« Reply #81 on: December 31, 2018, 09:15:54 PM »

Offline celtics4ever33

• NGT
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
Gordon Hayward for Bertans   get it done ainge

« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2018, 09:30:52 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Gordon play n like. a full fledged Woosie

« Reply #83 on: December 31, 2018, 09:34:58 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
I thinks he needs just about 29.7 million minute$

« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2018, 09:54:44 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
I’m not expecting anything from Gordon this year other than what he’s already giving us - 10-12ppg, 4-5 rebs and assists. He’s not all of a sudden going to start scoring 20 ppg, firstly due to his lack of confidence, inconsistency and inability to string multiple decent games together and secondly due to everyone else needing shots. In this team if you’re not shooting well there’s plenty of people to go to so you won’t get to shoot your way out of it.

I think like most of the Celtics issues it’s mostly mental now, last game he went to the rim a lot more tonight he was mainly just standing on the perimeter. He looked a bit more involved towards the end of the 3rd qtr but prior to that he looked disconnected and disengaged. And when he starts missing shots his 30m contract starts to weigh really heavily on him.

It’s a shame but I can’t see him being moved either, for the same reasons the Sixers are finding it hard to move Fultz or the difficulties IT had finding a team. Nobody will pay 30m for damaged goods without some confidence that the player will return to the level that warranted that contract.

In the meantime let’s have a look at the pre injury Hayward...the player we thought we were getting. It’s night and day to what we see from Hayward right now. Will we ever see this Hayward again?

https://youtu.be/LinS8LS8TVE

Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #85 on: December 31, 2018, 09:58:02 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479

This makes so much sense right now.  I have to agree.  But will Danny want to give up Rozier for not much when he hasn't been playing well lately? 

Are we less vulnerable this year in that Smart looks like he could move into the starting point guard spot if Kyrie went out with an injury?

« Reply #86 on: December 31, 2018, 10:03:46 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228

This makes so much sense right now.  I have to agree.  But will Danny want to give up Rozier for not much when he hasn't been playing well lately? 

Are we less vulnerable this year in that Smart looks like he could move into the starting point guard spot if Kyrie went out with an injury?

maybe, but what do rozier and brown have to do with hayward coming off picks only to have him back the ball out back on the perimeter?

and I am by no means a rozier guy... the dude sucks. but hayward looks more like he's not ready and if he isn't why is he out there?

« Reply #87 on: December 31, 2018, 10:24:03 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Do we think Hayward will ever reach pre-injury status (or even close) again? I am starting to lose hope!

« Reply #88 on: December 31, 2018, 10:32:15 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
He has been cleared to play for months now , I  see nothing physical wrong .  Even if his shot is off.  He can still play defense , rebound , pass for assist , attack the rim ,  ACT like he gives a rats rear end .

If the leg is bad , then he needs to stay off the floor and get better . 

other wise no excuse for lack of effort . 

« Reply #89 on: December 31, 2018, 10:35:46 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Gordy makes $30+ mil/year and goes home to Robyn after the game.  A man of that caliber will eventually come around.  All due respect. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC