Author Topic: Celticsstrong 2021 Historical Draft - VOTES ARE IN  (Read 156702 times)

Re: Celticsstrong 2021 Historical Draft
« Reply #615 on: December 02, 2020, 10:52:00 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
I have a couple of binkies but I have no idea when to take them because I have no idea if anyone else is going to take them at all.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #616 on: December 02, 2020, 10:55:08 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Peja was the other guy I was looking at. Could've spoilt Moranis' party! Great player

I knew Somebody was going to take Draymond at some stage. Felt it in my bones ;D
Sorry but I'm in love with versatile defensive players :laugh:
If he was available in the next round I was going to take him, can't blame you at all there. Not only is he an elite defender but he was an elite passer and at his best was a pretty decent knock-down shooter. Can fit into basically any team
Yeah I love his fit with Gobert in the frontcourt, they're going to be tough to score on while being okay on offence.
Right now you have almost no shooting. Play the zone against your team and they are sunk.

But it will be tough to score on them
Draymond was actually a good shooter in 2016, he shot 38.8% on 3.2 attempts per game in the RS. I like his work in the playoffs that year as well - he played really well offensively outside of the OKC series where the Thunder decided to go really big and Draymond was left on an island to bang with a swarm of big bodies inside.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #617 on: December 02, 2020, 10:55:39 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
Peja was the other guy I was looking at. Could've spoilt Moranis' party! Great player

I knew Somebody was going to take Draymond at some stage. Felt it in my bones ;D
If he was available in the next round I was going to take him, can't blame you at all there. Not only is he an elite defender but he was an elite passer and at his best was a pretty decent knock-down shooter. Can fit into basically any team
Yeah I love his fit with Gobert in the frontcourt, they're going to be tough to score on while being okay on offence.
Whole team of nasty defensive minded players who are going to tell you all about it. Wonder who you'll take in your back-court
I have my guy lined up if CFF doesn't take him :-\. He's a bit more quiet than the three I've selected, but he's a grinder nonetheless.
you are gonna take my guy arent you.
;)
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #618 on: December 02, 2020, 10:56:43 AM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52

Right now you have almost no shooting. Play the zone against your team and they are sunk.

Draymond was actually a good shooter in 2016, he shot 38.8% on 3.2 attempts per game in the RS. I like his work in the playoffs that year as well - he played really well offensively outside of the OKC series where the Thunder decided to go really big and Draymond was left on an island to bang with a swarm of big bodies inside.

If you pick that year it will help out.
'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #619 on: December 02, 2020, 10:58:04 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

I certainly am going to.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #620 on: December 02, 2020, 11:01:05 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Not sure why he wouldn't. Most balanced year of Draymond's by far. 2016-17 was his best defensive year IMO, but the balance of shooting, passing and still elite defence of 2015-16 is the one
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #621 on: December 02, 2020, 11:02:23 AM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437
The Washington Wizards select 5 time NBA champion Dennis Rodman

I know he can't shoot, but man do I love this guy's defensive intensity. We're gonna wreak havoc defensively on any team. Plus, his 92 season he averaged 9.8 ppg, 54% from the field, and almost 32% from 3. Stockton will get him some looks. (Not to mention the 18.7 rebounds).

2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #622 on: December 02, 2020, 11:03:16 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
With the 8th pick in the 3rd round, the Houston Rockets will select an underrated two-way wing who was a great sidekick next to Kareem and Oscar in Milwaukee and then became the offensive figurehead of some strong Baltimore teams en route to two finals appearances and a title:

Bob Dandridge

Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #623 on: December 02, 2020, 11:03:25 AM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton

I know he can't shoot, but man do I love this guy's defensive intensity. We're gonna wreak havoc defensively on any team. Plus, his 92 season he averaged 9.8 ppg, 54% from the field, and almost 32% from 3. Stockton will get him some looks. (Not to mention the 18.7 rebounds).

Good pick.

Greatest defender of all time always has a spot on any team.
'21 Historical Draft

« Reply #624 on: December 02, 2020, 11:03:51 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

Not a bad pick at all - he's one of the best defensive forwards in this draft and is a monster rebounder.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #625 on: December 02, 2020, 11:03:58 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Nice pick. Could defend 3-5 and is the greatest rebounder of the modern era. Really complements your shooters

« Reply #626 on: December 02, 2020, 11:04:37 AM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
With the 8th pick in the 3rd round, the Houston Rockets will select an underrated two-way wing who was a great sidekick next to Kareem and Oscar in Milwaukee and then became the offensive figurehead of some strong Baltimore teams en route to two finals appearances and a title:

Bob Dandridge

Really leaning into the lack of shooting now?

XD

GOod pick
'21 Historical Draft

« Reply #627 on: December 02, 2020, 11:04:53 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Good pick.

Greatest defender of all time always has a spot on any team.
Saying this on a Celtics forum is treason

« Reply #628 on: December 02, 2020, 11:06:35 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

Bob Dandridge

Really leaning into the lack of shooting now?

XD

Good pick
He can obviously shoot, but I just like how well rounded his game was. He was a good scorer, passer and defender who fit well next to other on-ball talent and was able to do some heavy-lifting of his own when his team called for it.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #629 on: December 02, 2020, 11:06:42 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Love Bob Dandridge. His early seasons are more typical of the classic rebounding forward, but his 78-79 was really strong