Author Topic: Each of Danny's moves leading to the roster so far: genius, lucky or lunacy...?  (Read 5545 times)

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Drafting Melo - I get Danny's reasoning, but of the three imperfect options, I pick "lunancy".  We were able to fill the center position with guys who can contribute now, and Perry Jones was still on the board.

In the Thunder's first pre-season game, they started Lazar Hayward over Jones.  If the guy turns into a stud and doesn't develop knee issues, I officially invite everyone who wanted him drafted to gloat 24-7, 365.  Until then, can there be a moratorium on "We should have drafted Perry Jones" talk?

Mike
But what if?

Perry Jones would be in a better position to succeed with the Celtics rather than the Thunder.

And what if Melo turns out to be a bust? That's more of a possibility than Jones being a bust.

He would? Considering we already drafted Sullinger, planned to bring back KG, Bass, and Green, who can all play the 4, on multi-year contracts,  I'm not sure Perry Jones would have been a smart choice. Plus I don't think Danny wanted to draft two guys who play the same position.

If you ask me, I think Melo was inevitable because his potential working alongside KG could help him tremendously in a few years. I think Danny was really contemplating between Sully and PJIII. But thats just me.

I agree, I DA has been scouting the heck out of Fab for months,  he was set to take him after getting Sully or White or PJIII.  Fact that they knew all about Josephs game and took him where they did , shows they had been after Fab a long time.
that was the plan and he followed though.
I not ready to dump Fab before he has ever played a single NBA game .