Author Topic: Davis to Lakers trade reportedly in the works for years  (Read 10882 times)

Re: Davis to Lakers trade reportedly in the works for years
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2018, 01:45:32 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2809350-anthony-davis-trade-rumors-pelicans-star-hasnt-even-hinted-at-being-unhappy
Keep saying it. No one wants to listen. The Pels love Davis. Davis loves New Orleans. If he stays with the Pels he gets his supermax. If he gets traded and signed by another team, it cost him upwards of $40-50 million.

Davis isn't going anywhere for 2-3 years at the very least.

Davis was asked in an interview if the supermax was important to him and he said money isn't everything, I am sure he loves New Orleans but if they either don't make the playoffs or just scrape in and get swept (both are very likely) he will have to make a decision about winning in the offseason, because a supermax deal is a 5 year commitment after which Davis will be 31 and similar to Garnett his prime will be all but wasted.

Also in regards to the supermax financial incentive, he is and will remain to be an unknown quantity in New Orleans so his marketability (real income) will be small, but a move to LA or Boston he will make substantially more from advertising e.g Kyrie Irving doesn't have the second highest selling Nike shoes or a movie if he isn't playing with LeBron.

Ainge knows all this which is why he tried to sign Rozier to an extension at the beginning of the season so he could use Terry in a Davis trade this offseason.

« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2018, 08:29:24 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2809350-anthony-davis-trade-rumors-pelicans-star-hasnt-even-hinted-at-being-unhappy
Keep saying it. No one wants to listen. The Pels love Davis. Davis loves New Orleans. If he stays with the Pels he gets his supermax. If he gets traded and signed by another team, it cost him upwards of $40-50 million.

Davis was asked in an interview if the supermax was important to him and he said money isn't everything, I am sure he loves New Orleans but if they either don't make the playoffs or just scrape in and get swept (both are very likely) he will have to make a decision about winning in the offseason, because a supermax deal is a 5 year commitment after which Davis will be 31 and similar to Garnett his prime will be all but wasted.

Also in regards to the supermax financial incentive, he is and will remain to be an unknown quantity in New Orleans so his marketability (real income) will be small, but a move to LA or Boston he will make substantially more from advertising e.g Kyrie Irving doesn't have the second highest selling Nike shoes or a movie if he isn't playing with LeBron.

Ainge knows all this which is why he tried to sign Rozier to an extension at the beginning of the season so he could use Terry in a Davis trade this offseason.
Davis is 7 years in and will be 8 at the earliest he can be a free agent.  Not that hard to just sign a 2 year deal and get to 10 years service anyway, if that is what he wants, especially if he gets traded (so a 3 year max with a player option at the end of year 2, which he can then just opt out and sign the 5 year 35% max).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2018, 02:12:45 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2018, 02:28:52 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Anthony Davis is already featured on multiple national TV commercials, including Mobil 1 Oil spots, which are quite funny.  Lebron has made a fortune on TV commercials spending most of his career in Cleveland.

« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2018, 02:39:48 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
I see a lot of trade ideas here, but IMO, Danny Ainge is never going to trade Marcus Smart.

« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2018, 03:52:43 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
I see a lot of trade ideas here, but IMO, Danny Ainge is never going to trade Marcus Smart.

If that’s what it takes to get Davis, I’m afraid he would have little choice.

« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2018, 04:18:55 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

If New Orleans wants Tatum, Smart and Williams included in trade...plus picks....guess what? They are all going to be Pelicans.

« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2018, 04:25:19 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

If New Orleans wants Tatum, Smart and Williams included in trade...plus picks....guess what? They are all going to be Pelicans.

I don’t know why but it’s really hard to envision Smart in any other uniform.

But yeah, if that’s the price, Danny does it.

I hope picks (we select who they like in 2019 draft) can get it done more than our players (besides Brown or Tatum).
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2018, 04:54:54 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Why would the Lakers bother to trade for him? They just wait for free agency, and the stars come to Hollywood, Lebron style. Don't these free agents know that the Pacific waters are cold as all heck? Those beaches are just for the movies. Cape Cod waters are warmer in the summer.

« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2018, 06:15:53 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Why would the Lakers bother to trade for him? They just wait for free agency, and the stars come to Hollywood, Lebron style. Don't these free agents know that the Pacific waters are cold as all heck? Those beaches are just for the movies. Cape Cod waters are warmer in the summer.
No one joined Lebron last summer though.  Maybe they strike out again and instead of wasting 1 Lebron season, they waste 2.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2018, 06:22:46 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I mean, wasn't PG13 to the Lakers virtually a given like a year ago? What about Kawhi being a Laker by the end of the summer?

Also, I have to imagine the Pelicans are getting extremely mad at the media pushing the AD to LAL narrative, maybe enough that they decide to deal him elsewhere (out of the conference as a whole) and maybe to BOS (fingers crossed) sometime next summer if he rejects the super-max!  ;D

KG recently pushed for AD to go to LAL... but could it be an elaborate ploy set up by Ainge, telling KG to push the narrative to further anger the Pelicans?   ???
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2018, 10:13:56 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis

« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2018, 10:43:54 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700