Author Topic: ECF Game 2 Pistons at Celtics 5/22 8:30 PM ESPN  (Read 79649 times)

Re: ECF Game 2 Pistons at Celtics 5/22 8:30 PM ESPN
« Reply #285 on: May 23, 2008, 03:48:37 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591
One thing that bothers me is that I didn't see fire after they lost. I'm sure that they were drained and emotionaly spwnt, but the pistons sounded a lot more confident adn up beat after game 1 than we did after game 2. This next game is going to tell who wins the series. I don't see this team comming back if it goes down 2-1. I don't say this out of frustration over tonight either. But they have to win this next game for ther own confidence, if they don't, then I fear that they lose the belief they can win on the road in these playoffs.

But we have to be honest with ourselves and consider if this team has what it takes to beat LA or SA. Don't get mw wrong, I am no means giving up on this team as I still believe they have the best collection of talent in the league and can still turn it around and hang with anyone. My question is what kind of teams that win it all in any sport play this poorly during the entire playoffs and still bring home a banner? Even if we get by detroit and we win by playing badley, is that going to be enough to take out kobe or duncan? I don't believe so. Look at the game last night. You had a the spurs stretched by NO and a horrible flight to LA not allowing them to get rested and still dominate for 2 2/3 of the game. On the flip side the Lakers came back from 20 down with 18 to play. Both teams showed dominance last night even though one of them lost. I guess my point is that we have to show some sort of superior dominating play in the next few games if we as fans can even think about having a chance. The sad thing is that we have the guys to do it, but will they?
I guess only time will tell....
Still don't believe in Joe.