Author Topic: First Round Game 7: Atlanta Hawks at Boston Celtics 5/4/08 (1:00pm, ABC)  (Read 75410 times)

Offline Yakmanev

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 29
Yesterday I said I'd just assume the Celtics lost so we could sooner be rid of Rivers.

I was just being whiny and extremely frustrated at the scenario, y'all know that don't you?

I'm by no means a fan of Rivers but I still want him to get a ring.

Celtics 27-0 when leading a series 3-2. Ain't going to change today. Well it will change to 28-0 but I'm just splitting hairs now.

Offline Yakmanev

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 29
3:30 in the morning.  I can't sleep and all I have to do is watch.  I hope our boys are snug in their beds, while the Hawks are tossing and turning in that hotel worrying about the wrath of the crowd they're going to have to face tomorrow. 

I'd be extremely dissapointed if any hotel in Boston even allowed the Hawks to book a hotel room.

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
I'm still shock that we will be playing the Hawks and not the Cavaliers today. I never thought that this series would even go 5 games, forget 7. I was a supporter of Doc the whole season but he has done a really poor job this series. I HOPE WE WIN!
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

Offline orrzor

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 58
Feeling pretty worried. Doc said our problem is defense, when it is really defense and lack of offensive execution in the 4th. They sort of go hand in hand if you are taking crappy shots in the 4th and always on defense.

Offline Las Vegas Asian

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6
3:30 in the morning.  I can't sleep and all I have to do is watch.  I hope our boys are snug in their beds, while the Hawks are tossing and turning in that hotel worrying about the wrath of the crowd they're going to have to face tomorrow. 

9:15am here in Sin City and I gave up on sleep 8 hours ago.

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
Its approx.12:30(EST),and all my venting is over from the previous game,time to get ready for game 7 that starts in approx.30 to 45 min...all i can say now is GOOD LUCK CELTICS,will love/support you regardless of the outcome,but a win will make life a lot nicer.Go Celts! ;D

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Its approx.12:30(EST),and all my venting is over from the previous game,time to get ready for game 7 that starts in approx.30 to 45 min...all i can say now is GOOD LUCK CELTICS,will love/support you regardless of the outcome,but a win will make life a lot nicer.Go Celts! ;D

Absolutely agreed.  It's time to let bygones be bygones; we're winning this game, and we start fresh against Cleveland.

108-89, Celts.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics

Absolutely agreed.  It's time to let bygones be bygones; we're winning this game, and we start fresh against Cleveland.

108-89, Celts.

Amen.  Nothing matters but these 48 minutes.  Win this game and get all of us out of this hell that we've been in for two weeks.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
i've been confident since friday. but the nerves are kicking in now. this is tense.

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Let's Go Celtics
Haha fitting that it's an overcast day in Boston.  Let's brighten everyone's moods up a little bit boys.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

Offline LusoCeltic

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 5
Hi guys.
Long time Celtics fan here; I've been following CelticsBlog for over a year and a half now, and felt a moment as tense as this warranted some good vibes sent to the Garden all the way from Portugal.

Lets go Celtics! Win this one for the best fans on the web.

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
Offensive rebounds for the lead!!! 6-3

Hustle and boards for the 10-5 lead ;)

-Go Celtics-

Welcome abord here, LusoCeltic...

In the BAG!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 01:13:27 PM by fan33 »
"Indefatigable on Defense, defines these Celtics"

Offline Three Hours Early

• Xavier Tillman
  • Screw you too, David Stern!
I wasn't worried going in but a nice start is certainly reassuring.

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Let's Go Celtics
God you can tell they're nervous.  They're outhustling the Hawks so far though, playing with the fear...

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
pierce is definitely fired up. we need to get it in his hands.