Author Topic: Celtics (14-10) at Bulls (6-20) Game #25 12/8/18  (Read 24732 times)

Re: Celtics (14-10) at Bulls (6-20) Game #25 12/8/18
« Reply #135 on: December 08, 2018, 09:09:12 PM »

Kiorrik

Watching from the airport - about to board a plane to Dubai, then Amsterdam after that!! Holidays with my family! Super stoked! Exclamation points aplenty!!!

LETS GO CELTICS!!!
drink on the flight over. ask the servers for double on the wine. it is the only way i survive my long trips to east asia.  ;D

Hahaha - alcohol makes me restless. Being restless on a plane ain't good. I sleep. Very well. Wake up broken due to being 6"1 but still, beats being awake the entire 24 hours of flying!!

« Reply #136 on: December 08, 2018, 09:10:09 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #137 on: December 08, 2018, 09:11:28 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
Watching from the airport - about to board a plane to Dubai, then Amsterdam after that!! Holidays with my family! Super stoked! Exclamation points aplenty!!!

LETS GO CELTICS!!!
drink on the flight over. ask the servers for double on the wine. it is the only way i survive my long trips to east asia.  ;D

Hahaha - alcohol makes me restless. Being restless on a plane ain't good. I sleep. Very well. Wake up broken due to being 6"1 but still, beats being awake the entire 24 hours of flying!!
if i remember correctly, you are in australia, yes? if so, when it comes to travel you have my sympathy. EVERYWHERE is FAR FAR FAR away.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #138 on: December 08, 2018, 09:12:09 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I knew the Bulls loved the mid range game but dang, they don't even try to pick n roll and have their bigs rim run. It's just pass around the exterior then go iso mid range for the shot. Just 9 assists for them. Pretty pathetic offense.

« Reply #139 on: December 08, 2018, 09:12:44 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
I knew the Bulls loved the mid range game but dang, they don't even try to pick n roll and have their bigs rim run. It's just pass around the exterior then go iso mid range for the shot. Just 9 assists for them. Pretty pathetic offense.
they suck.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #140 on: December 08, 2018, 09:12:55 PM »

Offline 10610786d

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 27

You know what...they totally remind me of the Celtics of a few weeks back...

« Reply #141 on: December 08, 2018, 09:13:18 PM »

Kiorrik

LETS GO CELTICS!!!
if i remember correctly, you are in australia, yes? if so, when it comes to travel you have my sympathy. EVERYWHERE is FAR FAR FAR away.  ;D

Sydney Australia! Moving to Melbourne though!

But yeh. Flights are a pain in the whatwhere!! Oh well :) first time in about 10 years I get to spend the winter holidays with my family :) so crazy excited!

« Reply #142 on: December 08, 2018, 09:13:58 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

LETS GO CELTICS!!!

I went to Buenos Aires once. 16 hours one way. It sucked. Can't imagine traveling 24 hours. TP my friend

« Reply #143 on: December 08, 2018, 09:15:58 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Well, except the Celtics were shooting threes not 15-19 footers.

« Reply #144 on: December 08, 2018, 09:16:00 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
hayward is on ly 1-6 tonight. but he has gotten good looks and taken the shot, that is more important for his come back from the injury. he will have up and down nights for a while, but he needs to take the open shots.

this may be one of the best defensive efforts of the celtics so far this year. if they do this every night they are bound for the finals.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #145 on: December 08, 2018, 09:16:47 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja

LETS GO CELTICS!!!

I went to Buenos Aires once. 16 hours one way. It sucked. Can't imagine traveling 24 hours. TP my friend
try a trip to nepal. it. is. for e.v.e.r.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #146 on: December 08, 2018, 09:18:18 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
hayward is on ly 1-6 tonight. but he has gotten good looks and taken the shot, that is more important for his come back from the injury. he will have up and down nights for a while, but he needs to take the open shots.

this may be one of the best defensive efforts of the celtics so far this year. if they do this every night they are bound for the finals.
That's because Rozier was hot. Brown touched the ball like 5 whole times in the half. I think Yabu touched the ball as much as Brown. And Hayward wasn't initiating the offense with the bench squad which limited his good looks. But Rozier was hitting so he took the shots.

« Reply #147 on: December 08, 2018, 09:20:42 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Smart and Theis just scuttled that entire possession.  Great defense. 

« Reply #148 on: December 08, 2018, 09:20:53 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
What will Tatum be like on the break in 3 years?  He floats and skies and handles.

« Reply #149 on: December 08, 2018, 09:21:37 PM »

Offline 10610786d

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 27

Well, except the Celtics were shooting threes not 15-19 footers.

Didn't Tatum and Gordy take a bunch of mid-rangers though?

Through the first seven games we were 4th in the league in taking mid-rangers, but I can't find further sources beyond this article from quick googling.

Anyhow, don't get me wrong, I think we were just out of sync before, and of course weren't nearly as bad as these Bulls. Kyrie and Tatum will have to take some Kobe-style 2's in the Playoffs, and it will be a helluva weapon for us to have that as a last ditch option.

And I'm just really glad we are better now  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: