Author Topic: Patriots 2020 Season  (Read 78551 times)

Re: Patriots 2020 season
« Reply #120 on: October 05, 2020, 03:04:22 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Why the heck is Hoyer going to start today?

What is the upside of starting Hoyer?  There's no chance that they will win with him under center.  I don't care how much they rely on the run game.

Even if Stidham is perhaps not totally ready, I'd much rather give him some reps and see what he can do, even if they lose by 20 points.  They'll probably lose by that much anyway.

I agree. Hoyer's a dead end at this point—he is what he is, and won't get better. Stidham, though, has the potential of getting better.

Totally agree with you both.   Really disappointing not to see Stidham and can't help but think that this means that BB isn't happy with his progress.

It could be that, but I think it has more to do with Hoyer being the veteran player with actual experience, and Stidham I think was dealing with an injury a little before the season so his spot in the depth chart was behind Hoyer.

Also, Newton's positive test was pretty sudden so I think it'd be like sending Stidham out to slaughter against the reigning SB champs on the road. We don't know if Stidham even had as much practice reps this week than Newton or even Hoyer for that matter.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #121 on: October 05, 2020, 09:02:00 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
OMG Hoyer is absolute garbage. I hope Stidham is actually hurt because if you're telling me he's behind Hoyer on the depth chart, YIKES. Please come back and save us starting next week Cam  :'(

« Reply #122 on: October 05, 2020, 09:05:18 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526
Stidham in.

Hoyer with 2 bonehead plays to singlehandedly blow 3 point each must have been enough for Bill

« Reply #123 on: October 05, 2020, 09:09:57 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Pats fighting till the end, 13-9 kick to come
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #124 on: October 05, 2020, 09:10:32 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Why didn't we start with Stidham to begin with?
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #125 on: October 05, 2020, 09:10:37 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Stidham in.

Hoyer with 2 bonehead plays to singlehandedly blow 3 point each must have been enough for Bill

And would you look at that. TD Pats with Stidham.

If Hoyer simply takes care of the ball and we get FGs, we're leading right now smh

« Reply #126 on: October 05, 2020, 09:16:34 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
What a soft PI. Bailed out the Chiefs.

« Reply #127 on: October 05, 2020, 09:22:52 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
What a soft PI. Bailed out the Chiefs.

The unsportsmanlike 15 yarder was so much more ridiculous...and not picking off that pass was the most ridiculous. I can't believe the Chiefs just scored a TD on that garbage drive.

Edit: Lol - okay, so that was the mostest ridiculous. We weren't winning after that last KC drive, but what happened Julian?!

« Reply #128 on: October 05, 2020, 09:26:08 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
Edelman... that's so unacceptable.

« Reply #129 on: October 05, 2020, 09:26:39 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Well it's unraveled after that touchdown...2 stupid penalties by our D, Dugger 40 yard pass interference and then Wise unnecessary roughness trying to grab Mahomes out of bounds gave the Chiefs great field position for a touchdown 19-10, then Stidham throws a pick 6 for 25-10. I think this one's done now, it was close for most of the game but Chiefs gonna run away with it in the 4th
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #130 on: October 05, 2020, 09:27:32 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
Well it's unraveled after that touchdown...2 stupid penalties by our D, Dugger 40 yard pass interference and then Wise unnecessary roughness trying to grab Mahomes out of bounds gave the Chiefs great field position for a touchdown 19-10, then Stidham throws a pick 6 for 25-10. I think this one's done now, it was close for most of the game but Chiefs gonna run away with it in the 4th
Edelman should give Stidham some of his salary for such an awful drop.

« Reply #131 on: October 05, 2020, 09:32:26 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
I'm still encouraged. We kept it close against the reigning SB champs at their home turf, and really we still had so many chances to be ahead (2 dropped INTs, stupid refs costing them a TD, Hoyer screwing up TWICE in the redzone and so we scored nothing).

Not like we were expecting to win anyways and this would be the case even with Cam. KC's just too good.

That recent Stidham Pick-6 was NOT his fault either. I think the bigger question is why Hoyer started over Stidham to begin with.

« Reply #132 on: October 05, 2020, 09:39:39 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
I'm still encouraged. We kept it close against the reigning SB champs at their home turf, and really we still had so many chances to be ahead (2 dropped INTs, stupid refs costing them a TD, Hoyer screwing up TWICE in the redzone and so we scored nothing).

Not like we were expecting to win anyways and this would be the case even with Cam. KC's just too good.

That recent Stidham Pick-6 was NOT his fault either. I think the bigger question is why Hoyer started over Stidham to begin with.
Yeah, it wasn't like we got destroyed by them. The main reasons we lost was a) Hoyer (by extension, Belicheck) and b) just losing focus at the worst possible time. JC Jackson dropping that easy interception, Dugger with the costly PI on a 3rd and 10, Wise stupidly going after Mahomes while he was out of bounds, Edelman forgetting he was on a football field, ect.

« Reply #133 on: October 05, 2020, 09:54:44 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Yeah, it wasn't like we got destroyed by them. The main reasons we lost was a) Hoyer (by extension, Belicheck) and b) just losing focus at the worst possible time. JC Jackson dropping that easy interception, Dugger with the costly PI on a 3rd and 10, Wise stupidly going after Mahomes while he was out of bounds, Edelman forgetting he was on a football field, ect.

Just get Newton back healthy and go on a bit of a run going forward. I think this is still a really good team and was encouraged with the defense. Don't let the 26 fool you, 7 points came off the pick-6 late.

« Reply #134 on: October 05, 2020, 10:00:41 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Why the heck is Hoyer going to start today?

What is the upside of starting Hoyer?  There's no chance that they will win with him under center.  I don't care how much they rely on the run game.

Even if Stidham is perhaps not totally ready, I'd much rather give him some reps and see what he can do, even if they lose by 20 points.  They'll probably lose by that much anyway.

I agree. Hoyer's a dead end at this point—he is what he is, and won't get better. Stidham, though, has the potential of getting better.

Totally agree with you both.   Really disappointing not to see Stidham and can't help but think that this means that BB isn't happy with his progress.

I haven't followed too closely so far this year, but I was surprised too.  Knowing Belichik, I'm guessing the decision was intended to challenge and/or send a message to Stidham.  I'm glad he finally got some reps, though.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC