Author Topic: Celtics (2-1) at Bucks (1-2) Game #4 4/22/18  (Read 50454 times)

Re: Celtics (2-1) at Bucks (1-2) Game #4 4/22/18
« Reply #915 on: April 23, 2018, 06:44:17 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Larkin 0 points and -14. He is the target of the Milwaukee offense. Larkin is killing us. Marcus we need you bad.

« Reply #916 on: April 23, 2018, 05:15:56 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
Leftover thoughts from this game: that play with 40 seconds left where we turned it over shows me a team and a coach that want to win the game with offense, not with defense.

The high percentage play here is to hold the ball, get a good shot, and if you miss -- prepare to defend the last possession. Even call a TO if you have to set up a play (we had 2 in the pocket).

Instead, we opted to force a fast break that wasn't there in the hopes of a basket that would have effectively ended the game. That's not winning basketball right there.
we should have tried run down the clock. The problem is brown thought he saw an open lane so wanted to take advantage

In the heat of the game, we have our young 2nd year player who put up 34 points wanting to go for the kill and get the score that wins the game for us.  He was in the open court trying to make a play at the biggest point of the game.  He gets a pass from me on that.  He was fouled.  Blown call by the ref.

Please provide a video of Jaylen getting fouled on that turnover.   

Thanks much,

Smitty77

The NBA announces the Bucks should have been called for a foul on Jaylen Brown’s drive in the final minute. Middleton hit his arm.

« Reply #917 on: April 23, 2018, 05:26:54 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 323
Leftover thoughts from this game: that play with 40 seconds left where we turned it over shows me a team and a coach that want to win the game with offense, not with defense.

The high percentage play here is to hold the ball, get a good shot, and if you miss -- prepare to defend the last possession. Even call a TO if you have to set up a play (we had 2 in the pocket).

Instead, we opted to force a fast break that wasn't there in the hopes of a basket that would have effectively ended the game. That's not winning basketball right there.
we should have tried run down the clock. The problem is brown thought he saw an open lane so wanted to take advantage

In the heat of the game, we have our young 2nd year player who put up 34 points wanting to go for the kill and get the score that wins the game for us.  He was in the open court trying to make a play at the biggest point of the game.  He gets a pass from me on that.  He was fouled.  Blown call by the ref.

Thanks much,

Smitty77

The NBA announces the Bucks should have been called for a foul on Jaylen Brown’s drive in the final minute. Middleton hit his arm.

Of course. Thanks for nothing, NBA.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #918 on: April 23, 2018, 05:27:52 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Thanks much,

Smitty77

Refs read these reports. Maybe they'll give JB more cred next time.

« Reply #919 on: April 23, 2018, 05:27:56 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 627
  • MASTER OF PANIC
It only was the play that swung the game. Incompetent nba officials.

« Reply #920 on: April 23, 2018, 06:03:51 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904

Thanks much,

Smitty77

Of course. Thanks for nothing, NBA.

Not only that, but it also determined that Giannis got away with a charge in the final two minutes. That’s literally two game-changing calls that the refs got wrong, the Middleton foul likely costing us a five point swing!

THIS IS WHY WE NEED COACH’S CHALLENGES. The refs literally - not figuratively, literally - lost this game for us due to their incompetence and might’ve affected the outcome of this entire series.

By the way, love the response that Brown gave on Twitter to this report. I mean, what’s the point of these reports if (a) it’s not improving the officiating (it clearly isn’t), and (b) teams are not allowed any recourse or ability to mediate this officiating incompetence?

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2018/04/boston_celtics_news_jaylen_bro_18.html

« Reply #921 on: April 23, 2018, 08:40:48 PM »

Offline jackpercussion

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 14
Even more frustrating....  If we were home we get those calls.
Nba refs need to be impartial.

« Reply #922 on: April 24, 2018, 12:40:58 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 548

Thanks much,

Smitty77

If you are still looking David Portnoy posted a video on his twitter. I find him irritating as hell, but he's right on this one.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/988140852835966983

« Reply #923 on: April 24, 2018, 12:43:14 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987
Even more frustrating....  If we were home we get those calls.
Nba refs need to be impartial.

If we were home, breathing on Giannis would be considered a foul.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)