Author Topic: Bucks (2-2) at Celtics (2-2) Game #5 4/24/18  (Read 47330 times)

Re: Bucks (2-2) at Celtics (2-2) Game #5 4/24/18
« Reply #825 on: April 24, 2018, 10:58:15 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3148
Big props to Semi Ojeleye. He stopped a favored NBA superstar tonight.

Biggest moment of his life and he came through strong and did what the team asked him to.

Amazing. I love it.

semi sucked all year about time he contributed in some form or fashion to help us in the PLAYOFFS

I wouldn't say he sucked all year. His shot has been iffy but he's played hard and defended well. He's a second round rookie and he's starting in the NBA playoffs. I'd say he exceeded expectations.

he didnt play hard, he defended okay. His motor was severely lacking throughout the season as is his offball D. But the last few games he played really well that one can think he will be a nice rotation player in the future.

I wish Tatum can play better as well, because of his terrible play tonight Brad had to play Rozier and Smart a lot of timea together tonight, and that means minutes for Larkin!

He took two charges that went the other way and he limited Giannis. He didn't "stop" Giannis but he was very effective and he played his ass off.

« Reply #826 on: April 24, 2018, 11:22:10 PM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
They won!
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #827 on: April 25, 2018, 12:23:03 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1642
Interesting stat:  Monroe never played, Baynes played 10 minutes, yet despite our lack of size we beat the Bucks 50-37 on the glass. 

« Reply #828 on: April 25, 2018, 02:06:22 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Interesting stat:  Monroe never played, Baynes played 10 minutes, yet despite our lack of size we beat the Bucks 50-37 on the glass.

Without Henson, they don’t have a big to hang around the rim. Other than Giannis, nobody is an excellent rebounder and if we hustle we should outrebound them.

We all know Zeller, and Maker hangs around the arc. So this is the series to have Al play the 5 the majority of the time.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #829 on: April 25, 2018, 02:35:50 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I think that has a lot to do with the Bucks continuing to go small, playing Maker (who is tall, but very weak) instead of Henson.

And Al went crazy
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #830 on: April 25, 2018, 02:39:13 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

I think that has a lot to do with the Bucks continuing to go small, playing Maker (who is tall, but very weak) instead of Henson.

And Al went crazy

I watched when Baynes was biffing Maker around in the game 4 loss in the comeback. Absolutely awesome to watch.

And Baynes is a pretty good passer...so solid!

« Reply #831 on: April 25, 2018, 03:18:42 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

And Al went crazy

I watched when Baynes was biffing Maker around in the game 4 loss in the comeback. Absolutely awesome to watch.

And Baynes is a pretty good passer...so solid!
That was awesome ;D watching my favourite Aussie big man toss around my least favourite was the best
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #832 on: April 25, 2018, 03:26:40 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Biggest moment of his life and he came through strong and did what the team asked him to.

Amazing. I love it.

semi sucked all year about time he contributed in some form or fashion to help us in the PLAYOFFS

I wouldn't say he sucked all year. His shot has been iffy but he's played hard and defended well. He's a second round rookie and he's starting in the NBA playoffs. I'd say he exceeded expectations.

he didnt play hard, he defended okay. His motor was severely lacking throughout the season as is his offball D. But the last few games he played really well that one can think he will be a nice rotation player in the future.

I wish Tatum can play better as well, because of his terrible play tonight Brad had to play Rozier and Smart a lot of timea together tonight, and that means minutes for Larkin!

He took two charges that went the other way and he limited Giannis. He didn't "stop" Giannis but he was very effective and he played his ass off.

no I meant all-year.

« Reply #833 on: April 25, 2018, 04:06:04 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen

Amazing. I love it.

no I meant all-year.

I remember Ojeleye defended LeBron or someone huge, and he was just an absolute unstoppable brickhouse when they tried to back into him.

« Reply #834 on: April 25, 2018, 04:34:49 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Great win, kudos to Smart (loved his energy and how he disrupted the Bucks' offense although he had his fair share of bad turnovers in the 1st quarter) and Ojeleye (thrown into the fire - although he played well in game 4 - to defend Giannis and he did it well, he was just too tentative offensively).

Tatum had a bad game by his standards and Brown wasn't much of a force either compared to the previous game but we still won, thanks partly to Al's huge game.

I don't know if we'll close them out in Milwaukee but seeing how badly their role players underperform and keep missing open shots in Boston, I feel good about a potential game 7 at home - although everything can happen in a game.

« Reply #835 on: April 25, 2018, 05:41:38 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Amazing. I love it.

no I meant all-year.

I remember Ojeleye defended LeBron or someone huge, and he was just an absolute unstoppable brickhouse when they tried to back into him.

like I said he was solid man to man all season. But offball D and motor are lacking apart from a few games. He has played welk this series though, eap the last 4 ganes, that's for sure.

« Reply #836 on: April 25, 2018, 06:02:57 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen

Amazing. I love it.

no I meant all-year.

like I said he was solid man to man all season. But offball D and motor are lacking apart from a few games. He has played welk this series though, eap the last 4 ganes, that's for sure.

Ahh gotcha.

At least the fundamentals are there. Seems to have an edge in terms of quickness over Brandon Bass.

Worst case scenario, in a defense that switches everything, his lack of understanding could be less of an issue. Even James Harden can look halfway respectable with the way the Rockets defend.