Author Topic: Celtics (2-0) at Bucks (0-2) Game #3 4/20/18  (Read 46163 times)

Re: Celtics (2-0) at Bucks (0-2) Game #3 4/20/18
« Reply #600 on: April 21, 2018, 06:57:08 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I knew this was coming MIL is too good to get swept.   I have always thought it was going to be 5 or 6 game series.

We shot poorly (40%), we defended poorly ( they shot 57%), did not take care of the ball (16 TO's), in short we played a bad game. 

The Bucks were hot shot 57% from the field and 48.5% from the three.  That is hot, not only that but they bodied us up physically and set the tone early in the game.

It will be fun to see if our young guys bounce back from this one.   We need Scary Terry, we need Bad News Brown, we need Terrifying Tatum and Menancing Morris to show up and not lay eggs like they did last night.   Young teams sometimes let their foot off a dying teams throat.  Bouncing back from it would show good growth.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 08:16:40 AM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #601 on: April 21, 2018, 07:48:32 AM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Looking at the box score it's no surprise that we lost the game. This team is dependant on guys like Jaylen Brown and Terry Rozier putting up high scoring numbers in order to win games, as we don't have a consistent high scoring profile on this team due to Kyrie's injury. Last year you could also tell how quickly we would fall apart (offensively that is) when Isaiah Thomas was out due to injury.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #602 on: April 21, 2018, 08:01:29 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
The body language looked bad from the first 5 possessions .  The Celtics were playing with 1/4 the emotion of Bucks .  There was no Marcus Smart to insert into the game to bring the eye of the tiger back to the team to fight .  But, i watched the Raptors do the exact same thing .  I figured both teams would loose .

« Reply #603 on: April 21, 2018, 08:17:11 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The body language looked bad from the first 5 possessions .

Agree 100%

« Reply #604 on: April 21, 2018, 08:33:14 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Home court matters in the NBA. Cs looked shook from the get go. Maybe part inexperience, part overconfidence. Either way, it was a clunker from start to finish. There was a point there where I thought they may be able to turn it once they got it down to 14 but they couldn't get consistent stops. Overall disappointing effort but it's been a while since they had a clunker like this. I would think their compete level on Sunday will likely be much higher.

« Reply #605 on: April 21, 2018, 09:44:10 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 858
Home court matters in the NBA.

It sure does.  It seems to matter less for the best players, they play well wherever.  It is the second tier players that will make a few more shots, play a little better overall, at home.  Case in point, Greek Freak and Middleton played well at both venues but most of the other players on both teams flipped and played either better or worse.

The problem for the Celtics is that our whole team is second tier right now.  I am not sure this Celtics team can win a road game against Milwaukee.  We'll see.  This team has surprised me all year.

« Reply #606 on: April 21, 2018, 10:57:06 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

It sure does.  It seems to matter less for the best players, they play well wherever.  It is the second tier players that will make a few more shots, play a little better overall, at home.  Case in point, Greek Freak and Middleton played well at both venues but most of the other players on both teams flipped and played either better or worse.

The problem for the Celtics is that our whole team is second tier right now.  I am not sure this Celtics team can win a road game against Milwaukee.  We'll see.  This team has surprised me all year.

Also young players.

Pretty cool how our guys are getting starter minutes against a very motivated Bucks playoff crowd, though. Crappy outcome but great experience.

« Reply #607 on: April 21, 2018, 12:13:12 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
At least we're not the only team to get blown out today, plus the Cavs lost.

Gonna go and spend my weekend watching anime and reading manga. If anyone wants recommendations, just hit me up.

I still feel better next game. This is the game I am most worried about. I know Brad will make adjustments, and hopefully the Cavs role players will lose a bit of their adrenaline.
Haha what anime are you watching rn?

Watching Major 2nd atm. Ive ran out of good anime series to watch so only choice is new episodes.
Nice.

Reading Berserk for the first time in ages - really feeling my inner Guts after this L
Haha I'm watching really weird stuff rn like Highschool DxD. Also no Boku no hero/Darling in the Franxx?
Waiting patiently for the next season of Attack on Titan.

Its this July I think. Have to control myself from reading what happens next in the manga  ;D

I usually just read manga when I know its not gonna be animated anymore or they stopped animating them. Or just until the part where they show it in the anime.

Highschool DxD is fun, fanservice aside. Naruto and the spinoffs are popular, but I didnt really get into that. Gintama is another highly rated series that I didnt really enjoy.

Major is a pretty good anime, I'd say its on my top five. Its about baseball, and you somehow get the feeling of this Celtics team from watching that.
Any of you guys read LNs and VNs?

LNs yes. VNs when I was younger. My Japanese is still rough so I have to wait for translations.
Haha I'm Chinese so I know a bit of Kanji, but it's insanely lacking so I need translations as well. I feel bad that I read OG FSN when I was a child though lol

We are all Chinese, hey how did a game thread turn into film review?
Well not all. I'm a 53 year old white guy. Fell in love with Attack on Titan when watching it with my son on Netflix. Since then I have watched a couple other anime and really like them.

« Reply #608 on: April 21, 2018, 01:11:44 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Sometimes a good old fashioned butt whooping is what a young team needs. I can imagine that we are going to come out guns a blazing on Sunday and have a nail biter. Nothing judges the character of a team better then getting destroyed in every phase of the game. Expecting a better game and result tomorrow.

« Reply #609 on: April 21, 2018, 01:58:35 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Gonna go and spend my weekend watching anime and reading manga. If anyone wants recommendations, just hit me up.

I still feel better next game. This is the game I am most worried about. I know Brad will make adjustments, and hopefully the Cavs role players will lose a bit of their adrenaline.

Watching Major 2nd atm. Ive ran out of good anime series to watch so only choice is new episodes.
Nice.

Reading Berserk for the first time in ages - really feeling my inner Guts after this L
Haha I'm watching really weird stuff rn like Highschool DxD. Also no Boku no hero/Darling in the Franxx?

Its this July I think. Have to control myself from reading what happens next in the manga  ;D

I usually just read manga when I know its not gonna be animated anymore or they stopped animating them. Or just until the part where they show it in the anime.

Highschool DxD is fun, fanservice aside. Naruto and the spinoffs are popular, but I didnt really get into that. Gintama is another highly rated series that I didnt really enjoy.

Major is a pretty good anime, I'd say its on my top five. Its about baseball, and you somehow get the feeling of this Celtics team from watching that.

LNs yes. VNs when I was younger. My Japanese is still rough so I have to wait for translations.
Haha I'm Chinese so I know a bit of Kanji, but it's insanely lacking so I need translations as well. I feel bad that I read OG FSN when I was a child though lol

Well not all. I'm a 53 year old white guy. Fell in love with Attack on Titan when watching it with my son on Netflix. Since then I have watched a couple other anime and really like them.

The 'we are all Chinese' statement was a joke. :)

« Reply #610 on: April 21, 2018, 02:04:13 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Nice.

The 'we are all Chinese' statement was a joke. :)
I'm an old guy. I don't get young people humor.

Get off my lawn!!!

« Reply #611 on: April 21, 2018, 02:20:09 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

It absolutely ASTONISHES me how some of "us" do not believe in OUR team!!  This team, while NOT healthy ALL year except for 5 freaking minutes, won 28 games on the road which is the third MOST in the NBA and the MOST in the East.  GS had 29 and Houston had 31.  Yet, some wonder if "this team" can win in Milwaukee.  Really?  I BELIEVE in this team!!  I BELIEVE that we WILL WIN on Sunday!!  I BELIEVE that Brad MIGHT learn to call an early timeout BEFORE our deficit(s) get to double digits!!:-))  I EXPECT a HUGE rebound performance from Terry and an even BIGGER rebound game from Morris, who was nonexistent on Friday!!

Smitty77

« Reply #612 on: April 22, 2018, 03:41:17 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
great second half, enjoyed it despite the L

« Reply #613 on: April 22, 2018, 05:06:59 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I smell a comeback either that or my pie is done...

Pie?!

You're gonna share, right?

Pie for all!

Got any of dat pie left, lol?

« Reply #614 on: April 22, 2018, 09:25:35 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 858

It absolutely ASTONISHES me how some of "us" do not believe in OUR team!!  This team, while NOT healthy ALL year except for 5 freaking minutes, won 28 games on the road which is the third MOST in the NBA and the MOST in the East.  GS had 29 and Houston had 31.  Yet, some wonder if "this team" can win in Milwaukee.  Really?  I BELIEVE in this team!!  I BELIEVE that we WILL WIN on Sunday!!  I BELIEVE that Brad MIGHT learn to call an early timeout BEFORE our deficit(s) get to double digits!!:-))  I EXPECT a HUGE rebound performance from Terry and an even BIGGER rebound game from Morris, who was nonexistent on Friday!!

Smitty77

They played great today in the fourth after looking really "on the road" for most of the game.  They continue to surprise me.  I did not see that fourth quarter coming (and half of third I guess).  Should be 2 or 3 more really good games.  This is great experience for Brown, Tatum, Rozier.  Either team is going to have to really work and maybe have some luck to win this series.  Home court is still really big.