Author Topic: The 2007-2008 Celtics will be featured as a "classic team" in NBA 2K16  (Read 5702 times)

Offline celticsforever

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 0
As mentioned in this video (along with the '99-'00 Vince Carter/T-Mac Raptors and '00-'01 Lakers):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWB-aDBFG1I

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
The 99-00 Raptors? Whaaaaaat? Why?

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
That's awesome.  I will definitely be buying this.

I guess I see the appeal of the Vinsanity Raptors, but to me, it's a stretch to call that a "classic" team. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
The 99-00 Raptors? Whaaaaaat? Why?

Residual Steph Curry love.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline celticsforever

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 0
Well, a couple of NBA 2Ks ago, I recall the 2001-2002 Sacramento Kings being a classic team that you'd get as a code for preordering the game (I think that was for 2K13 -- correct me if I'm wrong).

The 2000-2001 Philadelphia 76ers have been in the game for a couple of years, too. (Of course, Allen Iverson is pretty well beloved in the lore of basketball gaming, and that team made the Finals that year.)

Trying to think of other examples. Can't remember if 2K15 had them, but I know a few years ago one of the early to mid '90s Denver Nuggets teams (Dikembe Mutombo) were on the game.

I bet a lot of people will use that '99-'00 Raps teams purely for Vince Carter dunks. For T-Mac I'd rather see the '02-'03 Magic or '04-'05 Rockets (with Yao). I'm a sucker for classic teams, even if some of these aren't really all that old.

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
time flies, man.  8 years since we won that title.
Greg

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Aw crap, that makes me want to buy it and waste all my time on it.  I already see myself using it to beat up on every other classic team in NBA history.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
For the first time in my life I didn't get this year's 2k. Def a time for a comeback  ;D
Truuuuuuuuuth!