Author Topic: 2K: Playing As Next Year's Team  (Read 12016 times)

Re: 2K: Playing As Next Year's Team
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2015, 02:18:26 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Has Sully lost any weight?   That's my concern

He was asking the same thing about you. Why are YOU concerned with his weight  ;D

Tell him yes I have.  I'm concerned because he's FAT!  How's your personal road to 300lbs going? ;D

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2015, 02:21:48 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Sim an entire season. Do they win less than 30 games?

Did you have to manually create the rookies or did you find an updated roster.  If you made them yourself, make sure they are all 1 star players with 1.5 star potential.  The rookies will be non factors.

I'm using players that already exist who I believe are decent analogs for what we can expect out of the rookies.

I was also expecting a Sim'd season with updated rosters around the league.

I am disappoint.

Sorry, maybe I'll do that later, but I'm interested in actually playing as the team for the moment.

Pfft. Actually play the game. What are you doing, trying to have fun?

Weirdo.

Something like that.   ;D

Through two games, I'm averaging about 33 three point attempts per game.  Actually shooting a decent percentage, too.  I like to see that.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2015, 03:48:40 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Game 3 against the Mavs was a bloodbath.  Not really close at any point.  I won't post the box score, just the team comparison.

Marcus Smart and Rozier (aka Trey Burke) had their best scoring games yet.

Smart - 15 pts 5 reb 4 ast 1 stl 6-11 FG 3-5 3P in 21 minutes
Rozier (Burke) - 12 pts 6 ast 2 reb 2 st 5-8 FG 2-2 3P in 16 min

Otherwise, was not a great game. 

Some things that stand out about the team, which are not surprising since it's basically the same team as we had this past year.

- Scoring in the paint is very difficult for this team.  Very little inside presence.

- Defending the paint is very difficult for this team.  Also very little inside presence on that end.

- The team is set up well to run a modern, pick and roll heavy offense with lots of moving the ball around the perimeter.  Drive and kick is better with Thomas and Rozier both able to play that way. 

- Trouble is, there just aren't enough shot makers.  Too many guys who can take threes but not really make them very often, very consistently, or with a quick release.

- The starting lineup and the bench lineup are pretty much neck and neck in terms of effectiveness.  That's a blessing and a curse, for obvious reasons.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2015, 03:54:38 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Game 3 against the Mavs was a bloodbath.  Not really close at any point.  I won't post the box score, just the team comparison.

Marcus Smart and Rozier (aka Trey Burke) had their best scoring games yet.

Smart - 15 pts 5 reb 4 ast 1 stl 6-11 FG 3-5 3P in 21 minutes
Rozier (Burke) - 12 pts 6 ast 2 reb 2 st 5-8 FG 2-2 3P in 16 min

Otherwise, was not a great game. 

Some things that stand out about the team, which are not surprising since it's basically the same team as we had this past year.

- Scoring in the paint is very difficult for this team.  Very little inside presence.

- Defending the paint is very difficult for this team.  Also very little inside presence on that end.

- The team is set up well to run a modern, pick and roll heavy offense with lots of moving the ball around the perimeter.  Drive and kick is better with Thomas and Rozier both able to play that way. 

- Trouble is, there just aren't enough shot makers.  Too many guys who can take threes but not really make them very often, very consistently, or with a quick release.

- The starting lineup and the bench lineup are pretty much neck and neck in terms of effectiveness.  That's a blessing and a curse, for obvious reasons.

I usually kill it with Sully in the post on 2k.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2015, 03:54:51 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Atta boy Isaiah!

Don't think Burke is the right sub for Rozier. I'd go Tony Wroten. And for Mickey, I'd go Jeremy Evans or someone like that.

I also play with the Celtics and have Isiah coming off the bench. I'll sim a few games to move the season along and I notice when I do the AI has IT playing 36+ mins (I have him capped at 30) and going for ~25ppg. Crazy.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2015, 03:59:13 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Sim an entire season. Do they win less than 30 games?

Did you have to manually create the rookies or did you find an updated roster.  If you made them yourself, make sure they are all 1 star players with 1.5 star potential.  The rookies will be non factors.

Better yet, sim the entire season and let us know how many games Embiid actually plays.

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2015, 04:00:11 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

I usually kill it with Sully in the post on 2k.

I usually go to him in the post a few times a game at least, depending on matchups.  I don't like to force the issue in the post, though, because I find it interrupts my flow and leads to turnovers.

For the most part I just run a succession of pick and rolls and move the ball around the perimeter until I see an opening.  I run a lot of pick and pops with Sullinger, Olynyk, and Amir, even if I end up passing to the weak side.  That's one thing I like about this team -- you can always run a pick and pop with any of the big men that get on the floor.

Unlike in real life, Bradley takes very few mid-range jumpers for me.  He's almost entirely corner threes, with the occasional fast-break point or catch and shoot jumper from the baseline.
- Mark Twain