Author Topic: It's Finally Safe  (Read 3664 times)

It's Finally Safe
« on: September 24, 2018, 11:50:13 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Couldn't fully commit to Kyrie until media day.Hanging number 11 from rafters like his father did at BU gave symmetry and honesty to Kyries remarks.All the media noise gave life to those rumors because it was a realistic option.
I can now enjoy the season.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 11:35:20 AM by Redz »

Re: Its Finally Safe
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 12:07:32 AM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437
It’s still far from a sure thing that he stays next season, but yeah it was good to hear.
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 01:55:57 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Anything could happen lol.

Ainge could flip Kyrie/SAC 19/MEM 19 for Davis midseason and have all of us shocked AKA Kendrick Perkins 2011.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 02:10:37 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

Ainge could flip Kyrie/SAC 19/MEM 19 for Davis midseason and have all of us shocked AKA Kendrick Perkins 2011.
That trade was filling a need.
We didn't have any athletic wing.
PP was old,
Posey and Tony Allen were gone.
We also had Shaq ATT.
Now we are wingfull.

Keep the starting 5 and everything else is available for Davis.
3/4 Picks, Smart, Rozier...
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 02:53:24 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 06:58:43 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

PP was old,
We also had Shaq ATT.

Now we are wingfull.

We really need a pinned thread about that trade.  In hindsight, it was a bad trade because
(1) we didn't know JG would turn out to be so inconsistent and just plain average.
(2) the chemistry lost something with the Perk-Rondo separation

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 07:32:00 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

PP was old,
We also had Shaq ATT.

Now we are wingfull.

We really need a pinned thread about that trade.  In hindsight, it was a bad trade because
(1) we didn't know JG would turn out to be so inconsistent and just plain average.
(2) the chemistry lost something with the Perk-Rondo separation

We didn't know Jeff Green was gonna miss a season and get heart surgery, either (although the Thunder's doctors did)
I'm bitter.

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2018, 07:35:55 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Yes, Kyrie is finally saying the things a leader should say.  It was disappointing earlier with his Lebron-esque refusal to say anything about his future beyond this season.  Nobody needs a firm commitment; him saying exactly what he's been saying sends the right message to teammates and fans, and minimizes the distraction of future free agency.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2018, 10:28:56 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Yes, I can finally relax and just enjoy the season.

Re: It's Finally Safe
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2018, 12:44:26 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I wonder if this is related to Damian Lillard's recent comments about Portland. 

“That would be an honor to be a lifetime Blazer,” Lillard told The Athletic at the NBA 2K launch in New York. “Not a lot of guys get to play for one organization for their entire career. Obviously, I love playing for the Blazers. I love living in the city. I feel like I’ve established a connection with the people and the culture of the city just as much as I’ve done on the basketball court, so that’s important. But, as we know, it’s a business and a lot of times organizations have other plans, and sometimes players change their stance on that. But to be a lifetime Blazer, that would be great. I’m all on board for it.”

He's also arguably better, his city loves him, and he has averaged 78 games/season for his career.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 12:49:27 PM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2018, 12:53:07 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I agree...let's get the show on the road.

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2018, 01:14:31 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
I wonder if this is related to Damian Lillard's recent comments about Portland. 

“That would be an honor to be a lifetime Blazer,” Lillard told The Athletic at the NBA 2K launch in New York. “Not a lot of guys get to play for one organization for their entire career. Obviously, I love playing for the Blazers. I love living in the city. I feel like I’ve established a connection with the people and the culture of the city just as much as I’ve done on the basketball court, so that’s important. But, as we know, it’s a business and a lot of times organizations have other plans, and sometimes players change their stance on that. But to be a lifetime Blazer, that would be great. I’m all on board for it.”

He's also arguably better, his city loves him, and he has averaged 78 games/season for his career.

Lol you used a thread about Kyrie committing to Boston that smashed your hopes to pieces and post a random statement from a player you compare Kyrie to so you can say your tiresome piece about how Kyrie is trash.

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2018, 02:56:32 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Yes, Kyrie is finally saying the things a leader should say.  It was disappointing earlier with his Lebron-esque refusal to say anything about his future beyond this season.  Nobody needs a firm commitment; him saying exactly what he's been saying sends the right message to teammates and fans, and minimizes the distraction of future free agency.
This is where I'm at and I have been saying it for awhile.  Irving could have put a lot of the speculation about his future to rest awhile ago if he would have said the types of things he is saying now. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2018, 03:08:46 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

You still don't like this guy, Roy.  Geez.

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2018, 03:34:38 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

?

What that I said above is unreasonable?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2018, 05:12:35 PM »

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 203

?

What that I said above is unreasonable?

:laugh: Maybe it's just your anti-Kyrie reputation following you here lol.  Seriously, there was absolutely nothing wrong with what was stated here. He could have avoided the unnecessary drama early on by not being so vague about his intentions.  I am a Kyrie fan but he does say/do things sometime I believe because he revels in the attention it brings (Lebron-esque).  I truly hope things work out and that he's here for the long haul (or at least until Danny gets itchy again for another superstar)
"Mosquitoes refuse to bite me....purely out of respect"