Author Topic: Robert Williams (Merged Threads)  (Read 239961 times)

Re: relocated wallet not even lost
« Reply #780 on: July 12, 2018, 05:31:36 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1391
In 35 years of having a wallet I lost it once, sitting down on a street curb at Disney. Luckily a nice Disney employee found it and brought it to lost and found. All the money, traveker's checks and credit cards were still there.

Can't imagine losing it twice in less than a month.

This is what happened with me essentially. I was sitting down in shorts on the train and scrambled to get off at my stop and didn't notice it had fallen out of my pocket. Unfortunately never was found.

« Reply #781 on: July 12, 2018, 05:43:55 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4592
The more I hear about Robert Williams, the more I think he's the same type of person as my wife.

I made this post talking about her time management skills, and now this?  My wife loses her wallet/keys at least twice a month.  Definitely had to call the credit card company a few times to cancel her cards.

But she's a high character workaholic who has successfully risen the ranks at work!

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #782 on: July 12, 2018, 05:56:52 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

How about twice in two days?

Robert Williams missed his first Celtics practice after losing his wallet twice in 2 days
The first-round pick’s Boston tenure is basically a ‘Mr. Bean’ episode so far.

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/7/12/17566024/robert-williams-missed-first-celtics-practice-lost-his-wallet

It's not his fault, though. I blame it on the Celtics and his town only having 1 streetlight.

« Reply #783 on: July 12, 2018, 06:24:49 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
As long as he doesnt forget the score at the end of the game or get lost driving to the basket, I could care less what he loses. Is this really news worthy?

It is about as newsworthy of the dirt dug up on supreme court nominee—how dare he ring up credit card bills and then pay them—-the nerve of him!

Such exciting times to read news articles!

« Reply #784 on: July 12, 2018, 06:27:13 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
i lost mine , fell out of pocket walking 1/2 mile running though rain storm to class .

Kid is just not use to so many decsions , hectic life and being on his own

he can play basketball ....that part will come fast

he needs to catch up maturity wise ,  learn responsibility,  he has been protected and babied too much

Celtics will have to raise him from about a 15 year old level

« Reply #785 on: July 12, 2018, 07:21:28 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
"MY WALLET'S GONE!!!MY WALLET'S GONE!!!!"

-Morty Seinfeld

#thesepretzelsaremakingmethirsty

I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #786 on: July 12, 2018, 07:43:03 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #787 on: July 12, 2018, 08:32:18 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
I can't' believe all the press and name calling over a misplaced wallet-
I can't count the number of gloves,umbrellas,scarves(cashmere),sunglasses(Ray Ban) i have had to relocate.Including Dunhill lighters left on a restaurant tables.
My father used to say" movement is not necessarily progress" Flying and hotels are magnets for leaving something behind from half finished novels,wallets,tickets, luggage even passports that have been left at home..Family travel is a nightmare of misplaced mismanaged travel arrangements and hire cars.
My father used to say check ,double check and re check and" Murphys Law" he called Murphy an optimist.
Most men have wives that organize and pack ,secretaries at work and associates.
Maybe decades ago but not anymore. Time to step into the 2010's rollie 😉😁

Yeah, I think I am probably about Rollie’s age and that line left me a little baffled. Not my wife’s job to organize me.

« Reply #788 on: July 12, 2018, 08:58:08 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

How about twice in two days?

Robert Williams missed his first Celtics practice after losing his wallet twice in 2 days
The first-round pick’s Boston tenure is basically a ‘Mr. Bean’ episode so far.

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/7/12/17566024/robert-williams-missed-first-celtics-practice-lost-his-wallet

It's not his fault, though. I blame it on the Celtics and his town only having 1 streetlight.

C’mon, Eddie!

That’s one TRAFFIC light....I think 🤔.

But you could be right....TP anyway for the humor.

I’m rooting hard for this kid....think he COULD be something.

« Reply #789 on: July 12, 2018, 09:00:41 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Isnt this the excuse to tell children they're not allowed to carry money?
"You'll just lose your wallet/purse!"

Or am i the only one with parents who didn't trust me....

I don’t think ANYONE carries money anymore. Can’t remeber the last time my kids saw me pay cash for something. Heaven forbid they ever get asked what a typewriter is.

Mike

I always try to have at least 20 bucks on me. Never know when an issue with the card comes up(yes I have enough money, but sometimes the bank is having an issue) or their internet is down. Good to always have a few bucks on hand just in case.

« Reply #790 on: July 12, 2018, 09:44:29 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4592

I don’t think ANYONE carries money anymore. Can’t remeber the last time my kids saw me pay cash for something. Heaven forbid they ever get asked what a typewriter is.

Mike

I always try to have at least 20 bucks on me. Never know when an issue with the card comes up(yes I have enough money, but sometimes the bank is having an issue) or their internet is down. Good to always have a few bucks on hand just in case.

I always have cash on me, usually I start out with $200.

I like to support any kid selling candy, girl scout cookies, or whatever fundraiser they're doing.

A lot of barbers/hair salons are cash only, especially if they're not part of a chain.

And if you ever hit up a smaller convenient store or hole-in-the-wall restaurant, those often have minimum purchase limits (like $5 or $10) for credit card use, and I just want a soda or slice of pizza.  Then there's street/food vendors (even if you don't live in a big city, you may occasionally end up in one).

And of course cash gifts.

So I start with $200, and it eventually gets whittled down somewhere under $40 (mostly because the wife often treats me as her personal ATM, and she needs it to get her hair done).  Sometimes it takes a month, sometimes it takes 6 months.  But to me, carrying cash is just part of being prepared.  I don't know when I'm going to need it, but when I do, I don't want to have to go out of my way looking for an ATM.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #791 on: July 12, 2018, 11:10:04 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I think since I was 12 I lost my wallet once.....and found it. Because I'm not a total moron like Bobby.

This guy has set the record for least good first month as a rookie. Right? Is there a worse one so far?

« Reply #792 on: July 12, 2018, 11:19:02 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Classic Bob.

I have a feeling he's never on schedule, but always on time.  (Figuratively)
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #793 on: July 12, 2018, 11:23:49 PM »

Offline IndyCelt

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 4
I can't even imagine not having some cash as BDM said, I run  an antique business and cant believe people that don't have 20 bucks on them as I dont take CC and small town  . I use CC at big stores but even if mom and pop have it, for a $5 slice of pizza and drink it costs them to use it. 

A lot better him losing his wallet than having legal problems or other maturity issues that can be solved a lot easier . Don't they make some kind of remote sensor or something?

« Reply #794 on: July 13, 2018, 12:19:46 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156

Mike

I always have cash on me, usually I start out with $200.

I like to support any kid selling candy, girl scout cookies, or whatever fundraiser they're doing.

A lot of barbers/hair salons are cash only, especially if they're not part of a chain.

And if you ever hit up a smaller convenient store or hole-in-the-wall restaurant, those often have minimum purchase limits (like $5 or $10) for credit card use, and I just want a soda or slice of pizza.  Then there's street/food vendors (even if you don't live in a big city, you may occasionally end up in one).

And of course cash gifts.

So I start with $200, and it eventually gets whittled down somewhere under $40 (mostly because the wife often treats me as her personal ATM, and she needs it to get her hair done).  Sometimes it takes a month, sometimes it takes 6 months.  But to me, carrying cash is just part of being prepared.  I don't know when I'm going to need it, but when I do, I don't want to have to go out of my way looking for an ATM.

In on this #alwayscarrycashcrew
The only color that matters is GREEN