Author Topic: Manning Family is Scum  (Read 7495 times)

Re: Manning Family is Scum
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2016, 03:49:49 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
So, if this IS true....we wait until our "Heroes" get old and get ready to retire and THEN we tear them down.

I'd have to believe that IF this was true then SOMEONE would've been able to hold the allegedly offending parties accountable.

From what "I" see, as a diehard Washington Redskins fan with NO ties to the Patriots, BTW - this seems as some smear campaign against Peyton Manning.

On CelticsBlog.
Not even close.

Did you not read the article?

They wanted to have the victim blame a black football player instead. Manning was going to let this all happen.

He not only did the sick crime, he was going to step over anyone to make it go away.

He ruined people's lives.

Nothing to do with Pats fans dislike of Manning. Anyone reading this could see how pathetic Manning's actions were.

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2016, 03:50:31 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Keep in mind, this story is 100% based upon a plaintiff's allegations in a lawsuit, as written by her attorney.

The thing we know for sure is that Manning exposed his buttocks to a female interviewer. The rest is just lawyer speak.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2016, 03:51:42 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
So, if this IS true....we wait until our "Heroes" get old and get ready to retire and THEN we tear them down.

I'd have to believe that IF this was true then SOMEONE would've been able to hold the allegedly offending parties accountable.

From what "I" see, as a diehard Washington Redskins fan with NO ties to the Patriots, BTW - this seems as some smear campaign against Peyton Manning.

On CelticsBlog.
I also have no ties to the patriots
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2016, 03:52:29 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Keep in mind, this story is 100% based upon a plaintiff's allegations in a lawsuit, as written by her attorney.

The thing we know for sure is that Manning exposed his buttocks to a female interviewer. The rest is just lawyer speak.

The victim settled out of court . Then she sued the Manning family multiple times after and won because they kept talking about her , including bashing her in a book by Archie Manning.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 04:20:22 PM by rondohondo »

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2016, 03:53:13 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
My thing is this:

Why now?

Whether it is true or not......why now?

The writer Shaun King (not the former Tampa QB, either) has a bit of a knack for trying to stir the pot on things and even trying interject himself in matters.  If I had to guess, I think part of this is based on being on the counter after all the anti-Cam stuff that came out after the Super Bowl.   

Basically the view "that the media went hard after Cam, let's dig this up from past and go after the white, infallible Peyton Manning and show he isn't all he's played up to be and why does he get free pass?"

I can agree with this.

A lot of my friends and co-workers asked me who was I going for in the SuperBowl. I told all of them - Denver.

I simply wanted Peyton to go out as a winner. I thought he deserved that.

The racial undertones were  / are there - not so much with my co-workers, BUT with society, unfortunately.

It is becoming increasingly difficult to respect someone based off of their MERITS, and NOT their skin tone.

Cam brought some of this on himself....how he was/is viewed by the media is not beyond his control.

He did not help it with his reactions AFTER the game as well, but I forgive him because he's YOUNG - not because he's Black.

Peyton Manning has been doing what he's been doing for over a decade now. He's not a perfect player or person I'm sure, but he IS one of the greatest - and that is regardless of his skin color.

Nowadays, some of what we deal with in society IS Black and White. Some of what we deal with is NOT. The media has a hard time differentiating between the two unfortunately.

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2016, 03:53:32 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215

I guess if you want to believe his teammate would risk his scholarship to deny Manning's story for Poops and giggles.

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2016, 03:53:51 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

There was a witness, another student athlete, who has spoken out about it. Manning told a number of stories that were refuted by his own teammates.

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2016, 03:57:06 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

On CelticsBlog.
I also have no ties to the patriots

I meant no disrespect to you, Forza - I just know that it's natural for CelticsBlog, home of Tom B to NOT like Peyton, and I completely understand that.

It's a natural and healthy rivalry.

I'd hope that if this story has some legs, that the media and Law Enforcement would bring the offending parties to justice.

If the story is NOT true, then I look forward to Peyton Manning's retirement. Another Great one moving into the sunset.

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2016, 03:59:49 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

There was a witness, another student athlete, who has spoken out about it. Manning told a number of stories that were refuted by his own teammates.

That doesn't change the fact that the lawyer-written "facts" that article are in no way a neutral account of what happened.  If the NYDN tabloid wants to bring up a 20 year old story, perhaps they could interview those eyewitnesses, rather than citing allegations in a lawsuit as fact.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2016, 04:00:48 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

On CelticsBlog.
Not even close.

Did you not read the article?

They wanted to have the victim blame a black football player instead. Manning was going to let this all happen.

He not only did the sick crime, he was going to step over anyone to make it go away.

He ruined people's lives.

Nothing to do with Pats fans dislike of Manning. Anyone reading this could see how pathetic Manning's actions were.

Yes, I read the article.

And I also know that us as Humans have no limits whatsoever as to how far we will go to tear someone down or smear them.

As I've stated before - if allegations are true then I'd hope that we're in a day and age where the offending parties can be brought to justice.

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2016, 04:01:02 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1617
  • What a Pub Should Be
I do think that something did happen here beyond the mooning and that there was a cover up.  I certainly wouldn't put it past the Manning family.  They've been known to strong-arm in the past. 

But I think the timing of things reeks of sour grapes by the writer King and retaliation for the way a certain segment of the media handled Cam Newton. 

Let's remember this story is from the 90s and I believe this report was published in 2003 or something.  I'm not sure if anything really new was broken here, just items stirred up. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2016, 04:02:10 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas

That doesn't change the fact that the lawyer-written "facts" that article are in no way a neutral account of what happened.  If the NYDN tabloid wants to bring up a 20 year old story, perhaps they could interview those eyewitnesses, rather than citing allegations in a lawsuit as fact.

They cited direct quotes from the witnesses. 

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2016, 04:06:32 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

We're the witnesses cross-examined? Were their statements 100% in context?

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2016, 04:09:17 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
As PFT wrote,

King’s article displays a clear anti-Peyton bias, and more than a little melodrama. This #notaslongread item comes from the 74-page document itself, which has been published in full by the Daily News.

Before going any farther, it’s important to understand what the 74-page document is, and what it isn’t. The 74-page document is a piece of advocacy. The 74-page document is something that was written by the lawyers representing Jamie Ann Naughright in her defamation case against the Mannings. The 74-page document is, necessarily, one-sided.

The 74-page document is not objective. The 74-page document is not supposed to be objective. The 74-page document is not a court order or any other decision made by a neutral party. And, ultimately, the 74-page document is incomplete without comparing it to the corresponding “Facts of the Case” document submitted by the defendants in the case.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/13/release-of-13-year-old-court-document-dusts-off-peyton-manning-incident-at-tennessee/

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2016, 04:09:34 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas

We're the witnesses cross-examined? Were their statements 100% in context?

Peyton settled with her out of court, but statements were definitely in context.  Read the article.