Author Topic: Manning Family is Scum  (Read 7475 times)

Manning Family is Scum
« on: February 13, 2016, 02:58:40 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

Re: Manning Family is Scum
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 03:11:17 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Didn't this story come out ten years ago and get swept away as boys being boys?  Nobody cared about it then so I doubt people will care now.  This guy is made of teflon.  HGH gets shipped to his house... who cares.  He sends goons to the witness's parents house... who cares.  Nothing to see here.

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 03:21:29 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
So wait. He took his junk out and put it on her face?

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 03:22:11 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
Didn't this story come out ten years ago and get swept away as boys being boys?  Nobody cared about it then so I doubt people will care now.  This guy is made of teflon.  HGH gets shipped to his house... who cares.  He sends goons to the witness's parents house... who cares.  Nothing to see here.
Meanwhile espn criticizes Cam Newton for sulking. Clearly Peyton Manning did this crime. The witness he claimed he "mooned" even said Peyton Manning sexually assaulted this woman. Then the Mannings shamed her and ruined her career. I think the hgh is a much lesser deal but I mean come on the dude got it shipped to his house. And after the super bowl the first thing he does is hug the papa johns guy and shout out to budweiser which he part owns. Again, this is also a lesser deal but if Cam Newton did this he would be "not focused on the game" or whatever other crap the media wants to criticize him for.

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 03:22:37 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I hope people talk about it.

Brady got vilified by the media for supposedly deflating footballs, Manning seems to have done several worse things and he's always protected.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2016, 03:23:21 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
I hope people talk about it.

Brady got vilified by the media for supposedly deflating footballs, Manning seems to have done several worse things and he's always protected.
I hope so too

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2016, 03:33:32 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
Meanwhile espn criticizes Cam Newton for sulking. Clearly Peyton Manning did this crime. The witness he claimed he "mooned" even said Peyton Manning sexually assaulted this woman. Then the Mannings shamed her and ruined her career. I think the hgh is a much lesser deal but I mean come on the dude got it shipped to his house. And after the super bowl the first thing he does is hug the papa johns guy and shout out to budweiser which he part owns. Again, this is also a lesser deal but if Cam Newton did this he would be "not focused on the game" or whatever other crap the media wants to criticize him for.

T'bagging the doctor wasn't even as bad as how they tried ruining her life after she filed a complaint.  Manning told stories that were confirmed as lies by his own teammates.  it's so similar to the HGH story.  I don't think that in of itself is such a big deal in football, but sending two private investigators to the pharmacist's parents house posing as law enforcement is messed up.  But, hey, he does really funny commercials selling every day products.  So he's a good guy.

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2016, 03:35:01 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
My thing is this:

Why now?

Whether it is true or not......why now?

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2016, 03:39:45 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
My thing is this:

Why now?

Because the author of the article wrote a piece comparing the treatment of Manning vs. Cam after the SB.  In response, someone sent him a 74 page court document about this. 

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2016, 03:41:41 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
My thing is this:

Why now?

The writer Shaun King (not the former Tampa QB, either) has a bit of a knack for trying to stir the pot on things and even trying interject himself in matters.  If I had to guess, I think part of this is based on being on the counter after all the anti-Cam stuff that came out after the Super Bowl.   

Basically the view "that the media went hard after Cam, let's dig this up from past and go after the white, infallible Peyton Manning and show he isn't all he's played up to be and why does he get free pass?"

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2016, 03:42:43 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
So, if this IS true....we wait until our "Heroes" get old and get ready to retire and THEN we tear them down.

I'd have to believe that IF this was true then SOMEONE would've been able to hold the allegedly offending parties accountable.

From what "I" see, as a diehard Washington Redskins fan with NO ties to the Patriots, BTW - this seems as some smear campaign against Peyton Manning.

On CelticsBlog.

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2016, 03:44:24 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Wow ..

Never heard this

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2016, 03:44:24 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
This story reminds me of Lance Armstrong. Say anything you can to save face and if that means you have to ruin people you do it.

Even his teammate got kicked off the team for refuting Manning's story. 

And then they were going to frame a black football player and manning was ok with this also? Luckily the poor woman refused to change the story. They wanted her to say it was someone else.

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2016, 03:46:47 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
My thing is this:

Why now?

At what point in time could this not be a question?  Why now and not at some other point can be applied to basically any situation possible.  So flip it and ask, why not now?

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2016, 03:47:24 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
So, if this IS true....we wait until our "Heroes" get old and get ready to retire and THEN we tear them down.

I'd have to believe that IF this was true then SOMEONE would've been able to hold the allegedly offending parties accountable.

From what "I" see, as a diehard Washington Redskins fan with NO ties to the Patriots, BTW - this seems as some smear campaign against Peyton Manning.

On CelticsBlog.

It's definately true. There's a court document with witness testimony.  Whether you think it's a big deal of how he treated her that day and for the following years is a big deal is up to you.