Author Topic: Super Bowl 2016  (Read 13186 times)

Re: Super Bowl 2016
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2016, 10:24:46 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
It's sad that Peyton is going to get credit for this.. he doesn't even deserve a ring, talk about winning in spite of someone. Great, great defense

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2016, 10:26:47 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Even though he did barely anything in this post-season run, I do think that winning two Super Bowls changes Manning's historical profile.

he was horrible in all the super bowls he played . His defense won him 2 superbowls he won

I don't think he was horrible against the Bears.  He wasn't phenomenal, but he played fine.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2016, 10:28:23 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Great, great defense

It's the best back-to-back defensive performances I can remember in the Conference Finals and Super Bowl.  That front seven dominated Brady and Newton.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2016, 10:28:44 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
Even though he did barely anything in this post-season run, I do think that winning two Super Bowls changes Manning's historical profile.

Should it, though?  He had so little to do with this Super Bowl.  If anything, they won in spite of him.  His backup might actually have been better.

regardless of what you think of his performance, winning this super bowl gives him a winning record in the playoffs for his career and erases him having a losing record in super bowls.  Yes his defense deserves the majority of the credit, but there were SO MANY years where Peyton having a good defense would have been the difference from him making it to a super bowl

so yes it should.
Greg

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2016, 10:29:26 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

he was horrible in all the super bowls he played . His defense won him 2 superbowls he won

I don't think he was horrible against the Bears.  He wasn't phenomenal, but he played fine.

ok not horrible in the chi game but only threw for 1 td while the defense won that game . He threw for 3 td's total in 4 sb games .

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2016, 10:30:32 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Pass the Ketchup

I use it on my crow.

:'(

Ok.....back to NBA !   :)

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2016, 10:30:36 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
there were SO MANY years where Peyton having a good defense would have been the difference from him making it to a super bowl

Man, if you gave Manning this particular defense in his prime, I think he would have had a couple of unbeaten seasons.

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2016, 10:30:57 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Should it, though?  He had so little to do with this Super Bowl.  If anything, they won in spite of him.  His backup might actually have been better.

regardless of what you think of his performance, winning this super bowl gives him a winning record in the playoffs for his career and erases him having a losing record in super bowls.  Yes his defense deserves the majority of the credit, but there were SO MANY years where Peyton having a good defense would have been the difference from him making it to a super bowl

so yes it should.

But he made his team worse this year.  An average starting quarterback would have made team better.

That has to figure into the analysis, otherwise the analysis is worthless.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2016, 10:31:35 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

so yes it should.
and those years he was also playing in a climate controlled dome .....

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2016, 10:35:09 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2016, 10:35:11 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Broncos defense reminds me of the Ravens .   No matter how poor the offense is the defense wins the day.

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2016, 10:35:13 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker

so yes it should.

and so do half the other teams in the league!!  lol geez your bias is showing
Greg

« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2016, 10:36:37 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker

so yes it should.

But he made his team worse this year.  An average starting quarterback would have made team better.

That has to figure into the analysis, otherwise the analysis is worthless.

how many other years did peyton have a bad defense and that made his team worse then?? 

that has to figure into the analysis, otherwise the analysis is worthless
Greg

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2016, 10:39:52 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

so yes it should.

and so do half the other teams in the league!!  lol geez your bias is showing

Football was meant to be played outdoors, but the NFL currently has eight teams that either play in a dome or have a retractable roof. Those teams are the Atlanta Falcons, New Orleans Saints, St. Louis Rams, Detroit Lions, Houston Texans, Arizona Cardinals, Dallas Cowboys and Indianapolis Colts.

nope more like 25% , and real men play in the elements ... :laugh:

« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2016, 10:41:20 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
This whole game is just Denver's d trying to outlast Carolina's offense... Peyton is cringe worthy
Probably will get MVP tho, just so NFL suits can laugh at TB handing Peyton the trophy.

While that would be funny, Von Miller is MVP.

Right call by you and them!

TP!