Author Topic: 2015 Patriots Football  (Read 150836 times)

Re: 2015 Patriots Football
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2015, 09:49:29 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
^ Every NFL team has people who do similar things.

I don't expect Pats fans to be concerned with what everyone else thinks, but the stain that is on this franchise is very real. I personally don't have a whole lot of respect for the way they do their business. I acknowledge their success, but it most certainly comes with questions.

Point being, outside of New England, the legacy of this team will just never be on par with that of the 70's Steelers, 80's 49ers, or 90's Cowboys teams. Such is the reality Kraft, Belicheck and Brady will have to live with for their actions.

Yeah this isn't actually true but that's all right.

Ignorance is bliss my friend. Whatever helps the haters sleep at night. If those teams played in today's football with all the current media coverage, they'd be getting the same crap as the Patriots.

« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2015, 12:04:50 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Bellichick and Brady are definitely out for blood this year.  It almost backfired with the Pats continuing to air it out and go for it on fourth down later in the game; but this much is clear: they aren't just looking to beat teams, they're looking to pulverize them. 

And god bless them after all the stupid things people have been saying about them.  In a league where everyone is cheating, there's a lot of people throwing stones and living in glass houses. 

« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2015, 12:42:56 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

I don't expect Pats fans to be concerned with what everyone else thinks, but the stain that is on this franchise is very real. I personally don't have a whole lot of respect for the way they do their business. I acknowledge their success, but it most certainly comes with questions.

Point being, outside of New England, the legacy of this team will just never be on par with that of the 70's Steelers, 80's 49ers, or 90's Cowboys teams. Such is the reality Kraft, Belicheck and Brady will have to live with for their actions.

Ignorance is bliss my friend. Whatever helps the haters sleep at night. If those teams played in today's football with all the current media coverage, they'd be getting the same crap as the Patriots.

Agreed.

Does anyone know if they checked the ball pressure after the Bills game? gotta be consistent, right?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2015, 12:56:16 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Setting aside all the noise, let's enjoy this as Boston fans.

Our QB was already in the conversation as the best ever, and over the last three games in the face of his greatest professional challenge, he's come out and absolutely murdered the opposition. He's putting up dominant performances against good teams and making it look easy. Even if Brady flames out after this, what he's done so far should stand on its own as one of the more definitive smackdowns we've seen in pro sports.

I never thought I'd get to root for someone whose killer mentality rivaled Bird's, but Brady is definitely LB's equal...and maybe then some. It's amazing to watch.

« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2015, 01:33:57 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Setting aside all the noise, let's enjoy this as Boston fans.

Our QB was already in the conversation as the best ever, and over the last three games in the face of his greatest professional challenge, he's come out and absolutely murdered the opposition. He's putting up dominant performances against good teams and making it look easy. Even if Brady flames out after this, what he's done so far should stand on its own as one of the more definitive smackdowns we've seen in pro sports.

I never thought I'd get to root for someone whose killer mentality rivaled Bird's, but Brady is definitely LB's equal...and maybe then some. It's amazing to watch.

For sure. Despite a questionable secondary, they came through today... and the pass-rush was obscene, coaching always superior.

I only saw the 4th quarter live, and that PI definitely seemed to be the result of fine coaching...
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2015, 01:44:30 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Wait, the Bills broke the rules? No way!  ::)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/21/bills-may-have-gone-too-far-with-pre-play-stadium-sounds/

... by the way, that new Under Armour spot was pretty nice.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2015, 02:31:07 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2523
Another great first half by Brady.   

17-23 202 yards and a TD -- #400.

« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2015, 04:24:15 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Patriots have decided to go all 2007 on every team they play this year. Mess with our QB, we destroy every team that gets in our way.

« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2015, 04:27:56 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Patriots have decided to go all 2007 on every team they play this year. Mess with our QB, we destroy every team that gets in our way.

Let's all hope that this season ends the exact same way that season did.

« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2015, 04:38:10 PM »

Online knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

Or the way last season ended.

« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2015, 05:18:04 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2523

I hope we are done with the 16-0 talk by Week 8.  After that, it's going to build and build ad nauseum.   
An undefeated regular season leaves the Pats with potential for the most incredible exclamation point possible given the off-season and the 2007 experience.  It also has the potential for being the most deflating moment in history (even worse than 2007).

« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2015, 05:32:22 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Pats path looks pretty easy right now, with Romo out and the Colts looking pretty crappy.

The first really challenging game might be against the Giants on the road.  If the Giants are bad, it might not come until Week 12 on the road against Denver.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2015, 06:23:17 PM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

This is true.  Pats haters just like to rationalize that "well, yeah, but..." because then don"t like that they are so good. Some rules broken, eh?  Maybe (and that is a BIG maybe) but it is very doubtful the outcome of any games were impacted. Pats are just [dang] good.

« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2015, 06:47:42 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
So I just want to point out that while it's just great and interesting that Brady joins Peyton, Favre, and Marino as the only QBs that ever had 400+ TD passes.....the important stat there is that he has more rings than all three combined because......rings....arrrrrrrreeee....the.....ooonnnnlllyyyyy ......thing....that.....matters....in....any....sport.

Helllllloooo! You play ....to win...the game! You play.....to win....the game.

« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2015, 08:18:57 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

I hope we are done with the 16-0 talk by Week 8.  After that, it's going to build and build ad nauseum.   
An undefeated regular season leaves the Pats with potential for the most incredible exclamation point possible given the off-season and the 2007 experience.  It also has the potential for being the most deflating moment in history (even worse than 2007).

That (first) loss to the Giants in the SB was the single biggest gut punch moment I've experienced watching pro sports.
Celtics fan for life.