Author Topic: Did we just draft our future KD kryptonite?  (Read 4231 times)

Re: Did we just draft our future KD kryptonite?
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2018, 11:51:45 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Obviously not.  The kid is already looking like a bust.  Literally the only draft pick I've ever heard of who overslept his introductory press conference.

Sometimes you slide in the draft for the right reasons. 

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2018, 11:55:18 AM »

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 16
Might as well suggest we drafted the next Shaquill O’ Neal while you are at it.

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2018, 11:59:00 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Obviously not.  The kid is already looking like a bust.  Literally the only draft pick I've ever heard of who overslept his introductory press conference.

I guess a silly post on the other side helps keeps things balanced.  Oversleeping a conference call says nothing about his success on the court. 

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2018, 12:19:55 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

I guess a silly post on the other side helps keeps things balanced.  Oversleeping a conference call says nothing about his success on the court.
I think it does.  He fell to 27 because of character concerns and the first thing he did as a Celtic was oversleep.  It reinforces negative opinions of his character. 

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2018, 12:22:28 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

But it does say something about the players personality.

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2018, 12:34:46 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Nah. That's Nasir Little.  :angel:
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2018, 01:17:45 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

I think it does.  He fell to 27 because of character concerns and the first thing he did as a Celtic was oversleep.  It reinforces negative opinions of his character.
Mostly regurgitated opinions from people who have had little to no interaction with Williams.  I find it best to form my own opinions.  I started keeping up with Williams at the beginning of his freshman season. 

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2018, 01:57:34 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

But it does say something about the players personality.
Too a small degree I think it does.  Williams is more laidback, friendly and a bit goofy.  Definitely not an intense personality like KG.  He certainly wasn't obsessing about the conference call.  I think he is pretty loyal and not very self centered.   Overall, I'd say he's more of a follower than a leader at least at this point. 

Very good interview between his freshman and sophomore season.  I think it shows a lot of his personality and character.  Some of you may want to stop it short since he says "trust the process" a couple times at the end.    ;D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2-XOqZELbM

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2018, 02:22:03 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

I think William's physique and athleticism suggests more the next Shawn Kemp.  :)

https://youtu.be/HQeMhYJe5JA

Do you know how HYPED I would be if RW turns out anything close to Shawn Kemp?!

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/k/kempsh01.html

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2018, 03:17:53 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

I think William's physique and athleticism suggests more the next Shawn Kemp.  :)

https://youtu.be/HQeMhYJe5JA

Do you know how HYPED I would be if RW turns out anything close to Shawn Kemp?!

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/k/kempsh01.html
i will assume your hope arises from his potential basketball prowess and not the prowess in producing progeny.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2018, 04:06:29 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Maybe we did, in Tatum.

R Dubs is gonna be interesting as a rim protector. Hadn't thought of him as someone to guard in space on the perimeter.

Other than catching lobs, and altering shots at the rim, I'd say his best skill as a prospect is his ability to move his feet and stay in the air space of shooters on the perimeter. The only big in this class who is better right now at that skill was JJJ.

I'm not saying we stick him on KD by any means. But in the modern switch defense era, he shouldn't be viewed as a liability like most big men with his length. With patience I think he could develop into a very good overall defender.
What? One of his biggest strength is switching on defense, he is a potential elite perimeter and PNR defender, if he has his head right and work on his game his upside is through the roof

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcLjyVxqAFw&t=747s

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2018, 05:20:39 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
no we did not....NEXT!!!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 05:28:23 PM by Ogaju »

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2018, 05:23:00 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Seems to me our biggest challenge to beating the Warriors is finding someone who can defend KD well. I’ve yet to see someone who can the past couple of seasons as his gave has evolved to a different level.

That was the only reason the Kawhi trade interested me, really.

Jaylen Brown showed promise especially in the Home game last season vs Warriors. But sample size too small.

The incredible length and athleticism of Williams certainly has to be considered a potential weapon for neutralizing KD. Maybe not this season, but at some point.

Rockets put Cappella on him with mixed results.

Curious what others think about this idea?

I would say you're kind of setting unrealistic expectations on a guy we just drafted.

I've heard Ben Wallace, and Bill Russell comparisons, and all I can think of is like, "whoa... Easy there tiger.... Slow it down... SLOW IT DOWN! I JUST DISSED YOU!!!!!!!"

"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2018, 05:43:19 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Can't wait summer league so people will shut up about the stupid conference call ;D

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2018, 05:44:18 PM »

Online A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Maybe we did, in Tatum.

R Dubs is gonna be interesting as a rim protector. Hadn't thought of him as someone to guard in space on the perimeter.

Other than catching lobs, and altering shots at the rim, I'd say his best skill as a prospect is his ability to move his feet and stay in the air space of shooters on the perimeter. The only big in this class who is better right now at that skill was JJJ.

I'm not saying we stick him on KD by any means. But in the modern switch defense era, he shouldn't be viewed as a liability like most big men with his length. With patience I think he could develop into a very good overall defender.
What? One of his biggest strength is switching on defense, he is a potential elite perimeter and PNR defender, if he has his head right and work on his game his upside is through the roof

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcLjyVxqAFw&t=747s

Yeah. I said he SHOULDN'T be viewed as such. Reread the post bud :)
#JKJB